Not though the soldier knew
Someone had blundered.
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die.
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

It could be worse.

I'm not exactly sure what just happened over there, but it sounds like some folks are not happy. :dunno:

Probably not a great idea to divide a country over something that hardly anyone gave a shit about five years ago. We're fucked whatever happens now, the vote has been returned to the lawmakers.

All votes divide. It's up to the folks to move on after that vote.

I think what y'all have been doing for a few years now is slowing removing a bandaid. Grab it, yank it off and get it over with.

In an election that's fine. After five years if you find you voted for something you didn't get or a government you don't like, you can vote 'em out. With Brexit it's forever. There is no 'five year term' or change it if you don't like it. We're looking at something which has already seriously impacted peoples lives and that's before we've left and it's only going to get a lot worse. With EU membership we knew what we had and whilst it may not have been absolute perfection (what is?), it was a damn sight better than the catastrophic damage Brexit has brought to this country.

Look at this as a simple scenario MD. You're a car plant worker earning very good money, your wife works in banking, but both of you have just been told you're going to lose your jobs. You have children you'd hoped to put through university and a very nice house though still on a mortgage. Your previously stable world has just imploded.

I deliver to a fruit farm, even at this time of year the double wide trailer park that is used for temp staff is half occupied, no-one there now; the place was dead.
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: FORECAST TONIGHT'S BREXIT VOTE.

Postby Goodwife » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:23 pm

Stooo wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Goodwife wrote:He has called his motion at the wrong time.

It's all a big farce to stop brexit happening

I expected her to lose by over 100 but that is just :yikes: :yikes:

He's pro leave babe, go make me a sammich...

Err Not likely make your own :leer:

He is about as pro leave as you are.

*mansplains*

He's always been anti EU especially when it comes to nationalising the railways.

There's more but I'm sure that a gentle reveal would be better for your pretty head :smilin:

So let me get this right both David Cameron & Corbyn are pro leave. Leave wins & Dave hotfoots it to retirement & they leave an actual remain in charge to fuck up leaving the EU whilst Corbyn sits opposite her like a panto clown doing all he can to fuel the in fighting and stop brexit?

Fuck me our givernment is clueless, absolutely clueless :shake head:
Goodwife

Postby McAz » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:29 pm

Cameron was Remain. Corbyn was historically Leave but officially Remain.
McAz

Postby LordRaven » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:30 pm

McAz wrote:Cameron was Remain. Corbyn was historically Leave but officially Remain.

All rather confusing when trying to understand what comrade corbyn actually stands for -- on many topics I might add :smilin:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:32 pm

Goodwife wrote:

So let me get this right both David Cameron & Corbyn are pro leave. Leave wins & Dave hotfoots it to retirement & they leave an actual remain in charge to fuck up leaving the EU whilst Corbyn sits opposite her like a panto clown doing all he can to fuel the in fighting and stop brexit?

You're only doing this to make me post some sort of massive reply because I'm bored with twitter for five minutes, I can see your game...

Cameron was remain, Corbyn has historically been eurosceptic because he considers it to be the beating heart of capitalism he shits himself at the thought of premiership because he would be fucked by the constraints of the LP members and the NC, let alone the rest of the mess that is the LP. Brexit would totally fuck them.

Cameron has a small and slightly damp corner of a page in the history books...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Goodwife » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:34 pm

McAz wrote:Cameron was Remain. Corbyn was historically Leave but officially Remain.

He was pro leave a few years before the vote was called. Stooo said I was gaslighting last time I said i, sure I gave a link.

I have looked at corbyns recent voting history and ken he campaigned remain but didn't know of his history.
Goodwife

Postby Goodwife » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:37 pm

Stooo wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

You're only doing this to make me post some sort of massive reply because I'm bored with twitter for five minutes, I can see your game...

Cameron was remain, Corbyn has historically been eurosceptic because he considers it to be the beating heart of capitalism he shits himself at the thought of premiership because he would be fucked by the constraints of the LP members and the NC, let alone the rest of the mess that is the LP. Brexit would totally fuck them.

Cameron has a small and slightly damp corner of a page in the history books...

Not at all :yikes:

I might want brexit but no way could I vote to make Corbyn PM to ensure it happens.

Lets hope May stands aside & a brexiteer takes the reigns and gets a vote of confidence
Goodwife

Postby Goodwife » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:37 pm

LordRaven wrote:

All rather confusing when trying to understand what comrade corbyn actually stands for -- on many topics I might add :smilin:

This is true, a proper slippery fish
Goodwife

Postby Grafenwalder » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:38 pm

Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Maddog wrote:“Forward, the Light Brigade!”
Was there a man dismayed?
Someone had blundered.
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

It could be worse.

I'm not exactly sure what just happened over there, but it sounds like some folks are not happy. :dunno:

Probably not a great idea to divide a country over something that hardly anyone gave a shit about five years ago. We're fucked whatever happens now, the vote has been returned to the lawmakers.

I think what y'all have been doing for a few years now is slowing removing a bandaid. Grab it, yank it off and get it over with.

In an election that's fine. After five years if you find you voted for something you didn't get or a government you don't like, you can vote 'em out. With Brexit it's forever. There is no 'five year term' or change it if you don't like it. We're looking at something which has already seriously impacted peoples lives and that's before we've left and it's only going to get a lot worse. With EU membership we knew what we had and whilst it may not have been absolute perfection (what is?), it was a damn sight better than the catastrophic damage Brexit has brought to this country.

Look at this as a simple scenario MD. You're a car plant worker earning very good money, your wife works in banking, but both of you have just been told you're going to lose your jobs. You have children you'd hoped to put through university and a very nice house though still on a mortgage. Your previously stable world has just imploded.

I deliver to a fruit farm, even at this time of year the double wide trailer park that is used for temp staff is half occupied, no-one there now; the place was dead.

Good job we're now getting an increase in non-EU migrants to replace the EU workers Brexiters chased away because it seems fruit picking is beneath Brits.
Grafenwalder

Postby McAz » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:39 pm

Goodwife wrote:

He was pro leave a few years before the vote was called. Stooo said I was gaslighting last time I said i, sure I gave a link.

I have looked at corbyns recent voting history and ken he campaigned remain but didn't know of his history.

Just as Boris was pro-Remain. This is about power and position - analysing it with anything other than a massive dose of cynicism is a mistake.
McAz

Postby McAz » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:42 pm

LordRaven wrote:

No it's not - he stands for whatever he thinks will win power. Same for all professional politicians, because without power they can do fuckall - and worse (from their POV) they might be out of a lucrative career.
McAz

Postby Maddog » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:44 pm

Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Maddog wrote:“Forward, the Light Brigade!”
Was there a man dismayed?
Someone had blundered.
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

It could be worse.

Causation or correlation?

Not everything bad that happens is down to Brexit.

Not everything good that happens is down to May.
Maddog

Postby banana chewits » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:48 pm

Goodwife wrote:Not at all :yikes:

I might want brexit but no way could I vote to make Corbyn PM to ensure it happens.

Lets hope May stands aside & a brexiteer takes the reigns and gets a vote of confidence

what changed your mind?

Goodwife wrote:Behave. I am far from stupid & I don't have a bedded in minset.

Not a brexiter either :dunno:
banana chewits

Postby Goodwife » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:53 pm

banana chewits wrote:
Goodwife wrote:Not at all :yikes:

what changed your mind?

Goodwife wrote:Behave. I am far from stupid & I don't have a bedded in minset.

Not a brexiter either :dunno:

Democracy. The vote was out
Goodwife

Postby Goodwife » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:55 pm

McAz wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

Just as Boris was pro-Remain. This is about power and position - analysing it with anything other than a massive dose of cynicism is a mistake.

Yeah that is what it seems like
Goodwife

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs