Grafenwalder wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:I really don't understand what people's problem is with this

To get child benefit - you have to have children
To get DLA - you have to be disabled
To get jobseekers allowance - you have to be unemployed

To get pension credit - you have to be a pensioner

What's wrong with that?

Oh there is nothing wrong with what you have said, but there is something very very wrong with the pathetic dismally small amount of money people get and the hoops they have to jump through to actually get anything.

People are dead because they had no money, no food and couldn't afford to heat their homes.

It is a national disgrace and that is an undeniable fact.

Indeed it is as UN special rapporteur discovered on his investigation into UK poverty, and his findings were damning as he described "ministers in a state of denial" and concluded the poverty issue could be solved at very little cost.

It is the mentality that has informed many of the reforms that has brought the most misery and wrought the most harm to the fabric of British society. British compassion for those who are suffering has been replaced by a punitive, mean-spirited, and often callous approach apparently designed to instill discipline where it is least useful, to impose a rigid order on the lives of those least capable of coping with today’s world.

The experience of the United Kingdom, especially since 2010, underscores the conclusion that poverty is a political choice. Austerity could easily have spared the poor, if the political will had existed to do so. Resources were available to the Treasury at the last budget that could have transformed the situation of millions of people living in poverty, but the political choice was made to fund tax cuts for the wealthy instead.

https://www.ohchr.org/EN/NewsEvents/Pag ... 1&LangID=E

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Theresa May & Co have a lot to answer for, people have died because of their vile policies and it demonstrates that they clearly look upon the needy with nothing but contempt if they think the pittance they provide for the less well off is fair.

I wish someone would start a petition to get the necessary 100,000 plus signatures so that a debate can be had in the HOC to send IDS, JRM, Bojo and McVey to some poor area to live off Universal Credit (Only) for a month or two. They would not survive and it might wake the fuckers up.

It is a National Disgrace but they will not address it unless people kick up a real stink. I am glad that the UN has done what it has done but I do wish it would go further and bring in a resolution demanding action from our useless Government.

They're totally detached from all reality though. As Prof. Alston said, "ministers are in a state of denial". They don't want to know as they are more concerned with giving tax cuts to the wealthy. Their inhumanity just beggars belief. Only a few minutes ago i'm watching news on an elderly French lady in a home being hounded by the HO over citizenship. She's 94 years old for fucks sake.

This country has become a place of hate and oppression.

It is a dreadful state of affairs if a 94 year old woman is being hounded by jobsworths, I have a German friend worrying himself sick even though he's lived here for 3 decades.

Brexit has a lot to answer for.
LordRaven
Twat.

Re: NORTH + MIDLANDS GAMMONS TO HAVE PENSIONS CUT

Postby MungoBrush » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:07 pm

LordRaven wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

What's wrong with that?

Oh there is nothing wrong with what you have said, but there is something very very wrong with the pathetic dismally small amount of money people get and the hoops they have to jump through to actually get anything.

People are dead because they had no money, no food and couldn't afford to heat their homes.

But what you have just said is not related to this thread
This thread is about some people getting pension credits who are not pensioners
Therefore they are not entitled to pension credits
And the proposal is that if they are not pensioners, they should not get pension credits.

If someone in a family becomes unemployed, then that person, and that person alone is entitled to JSA
The whole family doesn't become entitled to JSA.

Personally I can't see why anyone is upset about it

Apologies MB, however the fact is I am very very unimpressed with the way that the poor and needy are shat on and treated with contempt by this government and I wish to air my views on the matter and here seems apt --not that it will have an effect but it's good to vent one's spleen.

Fair enough
But there will never be enough money for all those deserving programs will there?
Never enough for the NHS
Never enough for education, or the police, or the poor etc etc

So, in my view, the last thing we should be doing is handing out benefits to those who are not entitled to them.
MungoBrush

Postby Fletch » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:10 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

What's wrong with that?

And the proposal is that if they are not pensioners, they should not get pension credits.

If someone in a family becomes unemployed, then that person, and that person alone is entitled to JSA

Apologies MB, however the fact is I am very very unimpressed with the way that the poor and needy are shat on and treated with contempt by this government and I wish to air my views on the matter and here seems apt --not that it will have an effect but it's good to vent one's spleen.

Fair enough
But there will never be enough money for all those deserving programs will there?
Never enough for the NHS

So, in my view, the last thing we should be doing is handing out benefits to those who are not entitled to them.

Or handing out tax cuts to the rich and wealthy corporations.
Fletch

Postby MungoBrush » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:22 pm

Fletch wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:Fair enough
Never enough for the NHS

Or handing out tax cuts to the rich and wealthy corporations.

Are you referring to the forthcoming tax cuts that reduce taxes for 26million basic rate taxpayers?
Are you wanting the government to reverse them and give the money to people who are not actually pensioners?
MungoBrush

Postby McAz » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:33 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Fletch wrote:Or handing out tax cuts to the rich and wealthy corporations.

Are you referring to the forthcoming tax cuts that reduce taxes for 26million basic rate taxpayers?

Comprehension. :scratch:
McAz

Postby Fletch » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:37 pm

McAz wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

I just sighed when I read his post. :roll:
Fletch

Postby McAz » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:39 pm

Fletch wrote:
McAz wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

I just sighed when I read his post. :roll:

He's easily confused. :roll:
McAz

Postby LordRaven » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:40 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

What's wrong with that?

Fair enough
Never enough for the NHS

I agree, however when the UN reports that a country is causing harm to its own people and that country is (allegedly) one of the richest countries in the world then it is fucking embarrassing.

I expect this type of behaviour from an African despot, not the UK Government. Purposefully causing hardship and poverty to one's own people is a bloody disgrace.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:42 pm

Was it Marley or Mandella that said poverty is man made so it can be man unmade.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:47 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Was it Marley or Mandella that said poverty is man made so it can be man unmade.

It wasn't IDS
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:57 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Was it Marley or Mandella that said poverty is man made so it can be man unmade.

It wasn't IDS

That's for sure! :cool:
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Fletch » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:02 pm

And look how the Mail decides to report the mess that is universal credit.

Benefits Street star Fungi who 'can't work because he drinks every day' says universal credit is 'worst thing in the world' after his monthly payments are cut by more than half

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... world.html

The comments section says it all. :roll:
Fletch

Postby Grafenwalder » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:43 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

What's wrong with that?

Fair enough
Never enough for the NHS

If talking benefit fraud, though obviously illegal and not condoning it, the figure is a mere fraction to that of tax fraud by the wealthy with a very poor record of successful prosecutions. The former are easy targets where the wealthy have the financial means to hide their ill gotten gains away through a web of offshore accounts etc.
Grafenwalder

Postby calitom » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:31 pm

both of them should be experts on poverty
calitom

Postby Cannydc » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:36 am

People with mental health problems such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), anxiety and low mood are at far greater risk of having their benefits stopped than those with physical ailments, research shows.

Benefits claimants who have a psychiatric condition are 2.4 times more likely than those with diabetes, back pain or epilepsy to lose their entitlement to disability living allowance.

The findings are based on government data about 327,000 people with either type of health condition who switched from receiving DLA to personal independence payments (PIP) between April 2013 and October 2016.

The findings raise fresh questions over whether people who are struggling with mental ill health are at a disadvantage when they have to negotiate the benefits system.

But...but....fraudsters.....

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... tudy-shows
Cannydc

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs