Over 250 companies in talks about relocating to Netherlands

Over 250 companies in talks about relocating to Netherlands

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:49 pm

Dutch government says over 250 companies in talks about relocating to Netherlands due to Brexit

Michiel Bakhuizen, a spokesman for the Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency said, “The number of businesses we are in contact with for a possible arrival is growing. At the start of 2017 it was 80, at the start of 2018 150, and now it's more than 250. This increase will continue and it's not strange, because there is great uncertainty at the moment in Britain. And if there is one thing that's bad for business, it's uncertainty."

The spokesperson confirmed that that the NFIA was “in contact with more than 250 interested in an eventual move to the Netherlands because of Brexit”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 42756.html
Grafenwalder

Re: Over 250 companies in talks about relocating to Netherlands

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:17 pm

The Tory toffs have turned this country into a fuckling laughing stock and people think Corbyn would be bad!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:20 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:The Tory toffs have turned this country into a fuckling laughing stock and people think Corbyn would be bad!

He'd be as bad if not worse.

OP, would you mind if this was merged into the Brexit Satire thread because this stuff just has me laughing maniacally.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:25 pm

Doesn't matter whether you voted in or out this shower of shit have completely bolloxed the whole thing up.
Personally I don't see how a Corbyn government ... any fucking government can be as inept as these fuckers have been since day one.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:50 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:The Tory toffs have turned this country into a fucking laughing stock and people think Corbyn would be bad!

He'd be as bad if not worse.

OP, would you mind if this was merged into the Brexit Satire thread because this stuff just has me laughing maniacally.

Yeah go ahead. It's only going to get worse.
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:54 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Doesn't matter whether you voted in or out this shower of shit have completely bolloxed the whole thing up.
Personally I don't see how a Corbyn government ... any fucking government can be as inept as these fuckers have been since day one.

Disaster capitalists like Rees-Smug etc are salivating at the prospect fucking the country. Where they will mint serious coin, Brexiters voted to make themselves and the rest of us a lot poorer. Utter insanity.
Grafenwalder

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:05 pm

The only possible plan people like that twat can have is competition with Asia.
That means textiles three quid an hour and everything else too.
I suspect mainly textiles.
No benefits so you will perform slave labour.
I can see no other benefit for the wealthiest other than slavery for the masses.
It won't of course be called that.
Economic disaster will engulf us all and who will ride to the rescue with some crumbs?
The ones of course who caused the shit to hit the fan full splat in the first case.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby jra » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:49 am

I'd just rather this was all over. Then we'll find out what really is going to happen, rather than what people think is going to happen, as in speculation.
jra

Postby banana chewits » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:32 pm

jra wrote:I'd just rather this was all over. Then we'll find out what really is going to happen, rather than what people think is going to happen, as in speculation.

would you prefer a deal, or no deal?
banana chewits

Postby Cannydc » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:29 pm

Daily Heil headline is that those 250 companies are being 'lured' to Holland.

My word would be 'driven'.

Question is, when will Brexiteers realise that this is reality and that hundreds of thousands of well paid, skilled jobs are walking away leaving car washing and veg picking as alternatives ?
Cannydc

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:38 pm

Airbus warn again about no deal.
Last time was in June and still on the political front nothing has changed .... nothing at all.
I have a grandson who is hoping to do an apprenticeship at the one in Hawarden https://www.google.com/search?q=Airbus+ ... 45&bih=853 but he might be kissing goodbye to that.
If the plant closes it will have a devastating impact on N Wales.

Airbus chief Enders issues stern warning to UK on no-deal Brexit

Airbus is one of Britain’s largest manufacturers and employs more than 14,000 people at 25 sites across the country. Its UK factories makes the wings for its aircraft. “Make no mistake there are plenty of countries out there who would love to make the wings for Airbus aircraft,” Mr Enders said.
Airbus at the time estimated it could lose up to €1bn a week in sales if the UK quits the EU without agreeing on the terms of a trading relationship with Brussels.
Mr Enders described as “a disgrace” that more than two years after the referendum in 2016, businesses were still unable to plan properly. Airbus, he warned, was not dependent on the UK. The country’s aerospace sector, he added, stands “at a precipice” with Brexit threatening to destroy Britain’s century-long position at the forefront of global aviation. https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/ai ... ailsignout
Rolluplostinspace

Postby calitom » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:23 am

the main question I have ..Is the band FOCUS going to go on tour soon? They are kickass
calitom

Postby calitom » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:24 am

jra wrote:I'd just rather this was all over. Then we'll find out what really is going to happen, rather than what people think is going to happen, as in speculation.

exactly all the economics experts who never owned a business know exactly how effed up Brexit would be.
calitom

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:52 am

OP why are you posting all this tedious Remainer propaganda on here when there's a perfect Remainers' paradise called the DS Politics Forum?

In fact why isn't Stooo over there?

He'd love it, big old echo chamber.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Cannydc » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:04 am

calitom wrote:the main question I have ..Is the band FOCUS going to go on tour soon? They are kickass

Wasn't their big hit about religion ?

Hocus Pocus....
Cannydc

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs