Brexit Satire 2

Big Threads

Re: Brexit Satire 2

Postby Cannydc » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:02 pm

Stooo wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Cannydc wrote:"I've never been a real supporter of football but the tribal mentality involves a lot of the behaviour and conclusions of the working class leave supporters: Support your side even if they're shit because at least they're not the opposing side. The press stirs up the rhetoric and we have a divided country focussed on sides and feelings rather than issues."

Long time since you went to a match, Stooo ?

The demographics have altered drastically for clubs like Norwich - the end you see is the 'hardcore' supporters end, maybe 3,000 out of a crowd of near 30,000. The rest are family based in the main, and support the team because of historical roots in and around the fine city. Due to the pricing structure within football, working age attendees these days are tending towards the young professional types who can afford it. The days of flat cape and 6d entry are long gone.

On a lighter note, we beat The Scum 3-0


A hell of a long time and your last sentence exposes my point beautifully.


The last sentence was a tongue in cheek joke exposing your obvious lack of knowledge of today's football crowds. Hence 'on a lighter note'.


Fair enough :mrgreen:

Is Norwich the equivalent of teams such as Millwall or Chelsea with the behaviour of their followers?

I really don't follow football at all.


No, tbh London teams seem intent on maintaining the travelling thug mentality. However, the crowd demographics regarding young, professional males applies even more there because their prices are astronomic. There are lots of 'family clubs - but not them.
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 14866
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: Brexit Satire 2

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:05 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:I don't have a side, I just know that the Germany ++ deal that we currently have is far better than any downgrade. I'm not saying that to piss you off or call you a racist knuckle dragger or any other shit like that, I'm simply saying that as the observable truth. I don't hate you, I don't want you to scream in my face and I certainly don't want to do the same to you. I just want you and people like you to put away the divisions and see the situation for what it is, shoot me...


What do you mean you 'don't have a side' - you've been talking nonstop about wanting to remain, for the best part of three years. :gigglesnshit:


That's not a side, it's my opinion.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 92052
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Bollocks To Brexit

Re: Brexit Satire 2

Postby MungoBrush » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:28 pm

Stooo wrote:Is Norwich the equivalent of teams such as Millwall or Chelsea with the behaviour of their followers?


Ed Balls was chairman of Norwich City for 3 years until Christmas
"nuff sed"
User avatar
MungoBrush
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Re: Brexit Satire 2

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:28 pm

Stooo wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:I don't have a side, I just know that the Germany ++ deal that we currently have is far better than any downgrade. I'm not saying that to piss you off or call you a racist knuckle dragger or any other shit like that, I'm simply saying that as the observable truth. I don't hate you, I don't want you to scream in my face and I certainly don't want to do the same to you. I just want you and people like you to put away the divisions and see the situation for what it is, shoot me...


What do you mean you 'don't have a side' - you've been talking nonstop about wanting to remain, for the best part of three years. :gigglesnshit:


That's not a side, it's my opinion.


I see, so it's ok to disparagingly compare 'working class leave voters' to the tribalism in football, and elderly Brexiteers as gammons. Yet, despite you being pretty much the most Brexit-obsessed person on the planet, you claim not to 'have a side', but are merely expressing an opinion instead?

I fear Brexit may have pushed you over the edge.
User avatar
Red Okktober
 
Posts: 3070
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:37 pm

Re: Brexit Satire 2

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:34 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:I don't have a side, I just know that the Germany ++ deal that we currently have is far better than any downgrade. I'm not saying that to piss you off or call you a racist knuckle dragger or any other shit like that, I'm simply saying that as the observable truth. I don't hate you, I don't want you to scream in my face and I certainly don't want to do the same to you. I just want you and people like you to put away the divisions and see the situation for what it is, shoot me...


What do you mean you 'don't have a side' - you've been talking nonstop about wanting to remain, for the best part of three years. :gigglesnshit:


That's not a side, it's my opinion.


I see, so it's ok to disparagingly compare 'working class leave voters' to the tribalism in football, and elderly Brexiteers as gammons. Yet, despite you being pretty much the most Brexit-obsessed person on the planet, you claim not to 'have a side', but are merely expressing an opinion instead?

I fear Brexit may have pushed you over the edge.


No mate, I'm still 'working class' and a country dwelling non-metropolitan who wakes up to the actual smell of bullshit :mrgreen:

I don't understand football and I can't spare the time to research it much because I get bored with it really quickly, always have. I don't have a side, I believe in logic and fact over emotion, try it...
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 92052
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Bollocks To Brexit

Re: Brexit Satire 2

Postby Cannydc » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:45 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Stooo wrote:Is Norwich the equivalent of teams such as Millwall or Chelsea with the behaviour of their followers?


Ed Balls was chairman of Norwich City for 3 years until Christmas
"nuff sed"


And has helped set the guidelines that now see us top of the Championship.

"nuff said"
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 14866
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: Brexit Satire 2

Postby MungoBrush » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:53 pm

Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Stooo wrote:Is Norwich the equivalent of teams such as Millwall or Chelsea with the behaviour of their followers?


Ed Balls was chairman of Norwich City for 3 years until Christmas
"nuff sed"


And has helped set the guidelines that now see us top of the Championship.

"nuff said"


So if Ed Balls is such a successful businessman, why the hell did Labour hand over the economic reigns to that lunatic John McDonnell who says he's going to crash the currency if Labour ever gets elected?
User avatar
MungoBrush
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Re: Brexit Satire 2

Postby Cannydc » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:55 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Stooo wrote:Is Norwich the equivalent of teams such as Millwall or Chelsea with the behaviour of their followers?


Ed Balls was chairman of Norwich City for 3 years until Christmas
"nuff sed"


And has helped set the guidelines that now see us top of the Championship.

"nuff said"


So if Ed Balls is such a successful businessman, why the hell did Labour hand over the economic reigns to that lunatic John McDonnell who says he's going to crash the currency if Labour ever gets elected?


Ed Balls isn't even an MP.

And your lie about John McDonnell becomes more tedious every time you parrot it on here.
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 14866
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: Brexit Satire 2

Postby MungoBrush » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:30 pm

Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Stooo wrote:Is Norwich the equivalent of teams such as Millwall or Chelsea with the behaviour of their followers?


Ed Balls was chairman of Norwich City for 3 years until Christmas
"nuff sed"


And has helped set the guidelines that now see us top of the Championship.

"nuff said"


So if Ed Balls is such a successful businessman, why the hell did Labour hand over the economic reigns to that lunatic John McDonnell who says he's going to crash the currency if Labour ever gets elected?


Ed Balls isn't even an MP.

And your lie about John McDonnell becomes more tedious every time you parrot it on here.


I posted his actual words
And I posted Corbyn's interview where he backs him up

You're just in denial that this Labour shower would be an economic disaster for this country - by their own words.
But don't worry - the end is in sight for Labour:

"A group of disaffected Labour MPs is preparing to quit the party and form a breakaway movement on the political centre ground amid growing discontent with Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership on Brexit and other key issues including immigration, foreign policy and antisemitism.

Unrest within Labour – and talk of the party fracturing – will be fuelled by the latest Opinium poll for the Observer today, which shows a dramatic fall in its support at a time of chaos and turmoil in the Tory party.

Labour is now seven points behind the Conservatives, with approval ratings for Corbyn over his handling of Brexit at an all-time low and worse than those for May.
The Conservatives are on 41%, up four points compared with the previous Opinium poll on 16 January, while Labour has plummeted by six points to 34% despite the Tories’ travails.
The survey suggests Labour is losing its Leave supporters to the Tories and Remain backers to the Liberal Democrats, who are up one point on 8%, as the Brexit crisis deepens."
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ntre-group
User avatar
MungoBrush
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Re: Brexit Satire 2

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:50 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:Little England dictatorship is in full swing banning EU flags from tv studios where the decision for the representing song for Eurovision is taking place. Audience members are given Union flags once inside.

https://inews.co.uk/culture/television/ ... -eu-flags/


Why would anyone want to wave Euro flags at a contest involving individual countries?

Perhaps because the contest has always been known as Eurovision and the Euro flag is the official flag of Europe. And yes i know a few competing countries are outside Europe but the majority are within, as UK always will be.
User avatar
Grafenwalder
 
Posts: 1158
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:17 pm

Re: Brexit Satire 2

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:07 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:Perhaps because the contest has always been known as Eurovision and the Euro flag is the official flag of Europe. And yes i know a few competing countries are outside Europe but the majority are within, as UK always will be.


Come off it!

Why on earth would supporters of individual countries wave the EU flag just because it's a Euro contest?

I haven't seen it for some time, but I'm guessing prior to the referendum, supporters of British acts, Cliff Richard, or whoever, just waved the Union Jack - now all of a sudden, they want to wave the EU flag.

No political motive at all :gigglesnshit:
User avatar
Red Okktober
 
Posts: 3070
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:37 pm

Re: Brexit Satire 2

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:13 pm

Stooo wrote:No mate, I'm still 'working class' and a country dwelling non-metropolitan who wakes up to the actual smell of bullshit :mrgreen:

I don't understand football and I can't spare the time to research it much because I get bored with it really quickly, always have. I don't have a side, I believe in logic and fact over emotion, try it...


Have you not considered that the 'gammons 'and 'football fan' working class Leavers, also believe in logic and fact?

Just that it's different to yours.

What makes your opinion so superior that you can afford to sneer at others who see things differently to you?
User avatar
Red Okktober
 
Posts: 3070
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:37 pm

Re: Brexit Satire 2

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:15 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:No mate, I'm still 'working class' and a country dwelling non-metropolitan who wakes up to the actual smell of bullshit :mrgreen:

I don't understand football and I can't spare the time to research it much because I get bored with it really quickly, always have. I don't have a side, I believe in logic and fact over emotion, try it...


Have you not considered that the 'gammons 'and 'football fan' working class Leavers, also believe in logic and fact?

Just that it's different to yours.

What makes your opinion so superior that you can afford to sneer at others who see things differently to you?


Where did I say that it did?

How do you seriously think that things are going, we're all in this.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 92052
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Bollocks To Brexit

Re: Brexit Satire 2

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:27 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:Perhaps because the contest has always been known as Eurovision and the Euro flag is the official flag of Europe. And yes i know a few competing countries are outside Europe but the majority are within, as UK always will be.


Come off it!

Why on earth would supporters of individual countries wave the EU flag just because it's a Euro contest?

I haven't seen it for some time, but I'm guessing prior to the referendum, supporters of British acts, Cliff Richard, or whoever, just waved the Union Jack - now all of a sudden, they want to wave the EU flag.

No political motive at all :gigglesnshit:

Because people can..at least under a democracy.
User avatar
Grafenwalder
 
Posts: 1158
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:17 pm

Re: Brexit Satire 2

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:32 pm

Stooo wrote:Where did I say that it did?

How do you seriously think that things are going, we're all in this.


So you don't think highlighting 'working class Leavers' and comparing them to football fans, or addressing elderly voters who want to leave the EU as 'gammons', gives the impression you think your own views are somehow superior?

As with most liberals, your brain is unable to compute that you just might not be right about this. You all suffer from tunnel vision, and are unable to take on board the broader concept of politics. You are always right, and everyone ese is wrong.

Personally, I can see why Remainers wanted to remain, and respect their choice for voting that way. I also would have unconditionally accepted a Remain majority vote, had it happened, I certainly wouldn't have spent the last 3 years asking for another go and making a show of myself..
User avatar
Red Okktober
 
Posts: 3070
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:37 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests