TORY PARTY ISLAMOPHOBIA REARS UGLY HEAD - AGAIN

Re: TORY PARTY ISLAMOPHOBIA REARS UGLY HEAD - AGAIN

Postby MungoBrush » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:57 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:Do you support FGM and circumcision?
Cruel barbaric practices mutilating young kids bodies - too young to understand or even speak - some of them

"In one report, in Yorkshire, a victim was just one month old."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47076043

circumcision is not the same as Female genital mutilation. one is designed for the mitigation of disease and the other is to destroy a Womans ability for sexual reciprocity.

Wrong.
There is no justifiction for male circumcism according to the NHS
It's a barbaric "custom" involving the mutilation of children's bodies without their consent
It should be made illegal - just like FGM.

"Medical reasons for a boy to have a circumcision
It's rare for circumcision to be recommended for medical reasons in boys. "
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/circumcision-in-boys/
MungoBrush

Postby Cannydc » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:10 pm

There is compelling evidence that male circumcision reduces the risk of heterosexually acquired HIV infection in men by approximately 60%...

https://www.who.int/hiv/topics/malecircumcision/en/
Cannydc

Postby Jon » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:01 pm

I'm not up on the law about this sort of thing, but would the Turning Point charity have a legal basis on which to force Turning Point the political group to change its name? I mean, the first thing you do when naming a new outfit is to make sure it's not used by anyone else.
Jon

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:05 pm

calitom wrote:Islamic people want to take over your country and institute sharia law.
When they get sufficient numbers--to go along with a govt already full of weaklings--it will happen.
Just a matter of time.

Never happen in the UK. When our politicians bring up their religious beliefs it's basically disqualifying.

Just look at what happened to Nick Clegg when he let his religious beliefs surface.
Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:16 pm

Charles Kirk is quite funny in his way. Turning point is funded as a way get the young generation into conservative politics in America but the analytics show it to be, quite bluntly, a total failure. If I were a donor I would be asking for my money back because it's spectacularly incompetent.

And I love the chance to share this

Cactus Jack

Postby Jon » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:20 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
calitom wrote:Islamic people want to take over your country and institute sharia law.
When they get sufficient numbers--to go along with a govt already full of weaklings--it will happen.
Just a matter of time.

Never happen in the UK. When our politicians bring up their religious beliefs it's basically disqualifying.

Just look at what happened to Nick Clegg when he let his religious beliefs surface.

I don't think it'll happen here either, but I wouldn't say it's impossible. It wouldn't be the first time a desert religion from far away came to our shores and supplanted the existing religious culture. And current demographic change doesn't favour white people.
Jon

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:30 pm

Jon wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Just a matter of time.

I don't think it'll happen here either, but I wouldn't say it's impossible. It wouldn't be the first time a desert religion from far away came to our shores and supplanted the existing religious culture. And current demographic change doesn't favour white people.

First off actually it does.

The majority of children born to migrants and first generation British are being born to Eastern Europeans and are overwhelmingly white.

Second who cares? Skin colour simply isn't a consideration for most young people.
Cactus Jack

Postby Cannydc » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:38 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Jon wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Just a matter of time.

The majority of children born to migrants and first generation British are being born to Eastern Europeans and are overwhelmingly white.

Second who cares? Skin colour simply isn't a consideration for most young people.

I was very tempted to reply to Jon's post, but you said exactly what I intended to, but better, CJ.

Most Poles I know, for instance, are far more committed Catholic than most imagine.
Cannydc

Postby Jon » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:51 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Jon wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Just a matter of time.

Between 2001 and 2011 the total proportion of whites in the UK fell by 5%. Don't know if there are any more recent figures, I cba looking. That doesn't look like an upward trajectory to me but I'll be happy to be proven wrong. Observers please note I've not made a value judgement here.

Younger Muslims are more liberal than their parents and grandparents, but not less religious. The rest of us are gradually ditching religion altogether. I'm confident that Islam will remain as it is now, a minority pursuit.
Jon

Postby MungoBrush » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:23 pm

Cannydc wrote:There is compelling evidence that male circumcision reduces the risk of heterosexually acquired HIV infection in men by approximately 60%...

It's elective surgery
Like breast augmentation or tattoos, or face lifts
At least wait for the kids to be old enough to make up their own minds about it
It should be illegal to do it to chidren who have no say about mutilating their bodies.

You have to be over 18 to get a tattoo
Should be the same for circumcision.
MungoBrush

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:36 pm

Jon wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Jon wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Just a matter of time.

Between 2001 and 2011 the total proportion of whites in the UK fell by 5%. Don't know if there are any more recent figures, I cba looking. That doesn't look like an upward trajectory to me but I'll be happy to be proven wrong. Observers please note I've not made a value judgement here.

Younger Muslims are more liberal than their parents and grandparents, but not less religious. The rest of us are gradually ditching religion altogether. I'm confident that Islam will remain as it is now, a minority pursuit.

Jon I drank with a younger Muslim just today, we were celebrating Chinese New Year in an Italian restaurant drinking Czech beer and German wine and some were on their Korean tablets and smartphones posting to friends and family in, to name a few countries, Yemen, Iran, the USA, Israel and of course Ireland.

Come St Patrick's day, assuming I'm still here, I'll be with the a broadly similar group of people who will share the event to a broadly similar group of friends, relatives and acquaintances on social media.

To put that in context less than forty years ago you were taking your life into your hands if you were openly celebrating St Patrick's day in some parts of this country. Future generations will look at us in the same way that we look at trench warfare, domestic service and half day closing on Wednesdays. Which is to say - to quote LP Hartley - "The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there"
Cactus Jack

Postby Cannydc » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:45 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:There is compelling evidence that male circumcision reduces the risk of heterosexually acquired HIV infection in men by approximately 60%...

It's elective surgery
Like breast augmentation or tattoos, or face lifts
At least wait for the kids to be old enough to make up their own minds about it
It should be illegal to do it to chidren who have no say about mutilating their bodies.

You have to be over 18 to get a tattoo
Should be the same for circumcision.

Hogwash.

It is a very minor procedure for a baby, for a child approaching puberty (11, 12ish) it is much more serious.

I well remember a lad in our village who had the op for medical reasons aged 12. He was in agony for weeks. Not something many would volunteer at that age, for sure.

To add context, I am not pro-circumcision as a 'fashion' as per in the US - however it certainly has great merit in countries where HIV is endemic, and regularly passed on through unprotected heterosexual sex.
Cannydc

Postby Jon » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:02 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Jon I drank with a younger Muslim just today, we were celebrating Chinese New Year in an Italian restaurant drinking Czech beer and German wine and some were on their Korean tablets and smartphones posting to friends and family in, to name a few countries, Yemen, Iran, the USA, Israel and of course Ireland.

Come St Patrick's day, assuming I'm still here, I'll be with the a broadly similar group of people who will share the event to a broadly similar group of friends, relatives and acquaintances on social media.

To put that in context less than forty years ago you were taking your life into your hands if you were openly celebrating St Patrick's day in some parts of this country. Future generations will look at us in the same way that we look at trench warfare, domestic service and half day closing on Wednesdays. Which is to say - to quote LP Hartley - "The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there"

Yep. I am sympathetic to what you're saying. Civilisation will continue to change in ways that really can't be stopped, barring some kind of catastrophe.
Jon

Postby Fletch » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:15 pm

Why isn't there ever the same reaction to this sort of thing as there is towards criticism of Israel or zionists? :scratch:
Fletch

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:16 pm

Fletch wrote:Why isn't there ever the same reaction to this sort of thing as there is towards criticism of Israel or zionists? :scratch:

They don’t saw people’s heads off, throw gays off tall buildings or stone women to death!
Am I right?

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs