AIRLINE GOES BUST - BLAMES BREXIT

Re: AIRLINE GOES BUST - BLAMES BREXIT

Postby wutang » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:32 pm

LordRaven wrote:
2 years of collusion more like, well in my opinion, to make leaving sound so bad that the public will demand to stay in.

Even if that was true it doesnt change the fact that the UK created this situation by triggering article 50. Maybe those demanding a refendum all these years had actually, y'know, come up with some idea of what they want once they left instead of being incompetent twats (especially the Tory Governments of Cameron and May)
wutang

Postby LordRaven » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:35 pm

Maddog wrote:
Guest wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:Brexiteers must be proud of their latest "achievement".

Yep, glad there gone. Capitalism at it's best only the strong survive.
Your Benefits will be the next to go :thumbsup:

That's not a bad point. Companies fail in a capitalist system. That's why I cant drive my new Studebaker to Sears.

And when someone fails, its human nature to look for someone else to blame.

It is never the failure's fault
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:37 pm

Guest wrote:

I assume this was tongue in cheek humour guesty? If so, not so funny for those now out of a job and i doubt you'd be laughing if you were among those now faced with trying to put a meal on the table and pay off a mortgage. As for "my" benefits, i've no idea what makes you think i'm on benefits. I'm long retired but count myself among those fortunate enough to have had full time employment throughout, in fact i wouldn't have a clue where the benefits office is, but that doesn't mean i don't care about those less fortunate.
Grafenwalder

Postby LordRaven » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:39 pm

wutang wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
2 years of collusion more like, well in my opinion, to make leaving sound so bad that the public will demand to stay in.

Even if that was true it doesnt change the fact that the UK created this situation by triggering article 50. Maybe those demanding a refendum all these years had actually, y'know, come up with some idea of what they want once they left instead of being incompetent twats (especially the Tory Governments of Cameron and May)

I agree, it was a bit like regime change and de-baath'ing Iraq, what a shit plan to Win The Peace when the shooting stopped.

People never learn do they.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:43 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Guest wrote:

I assume this was tongue in cheek humour guesty? If so, not so funny for those now out of a job and i doubt you'd be laughing if you were among those now faced with trying to put a meal on the table and pay off a mortgage. As for "my" benefits, i've no idea what makes you think i'm on benefits. I'm long retired but count myself among those fortunate enough to have had full time employment throughout, in fact i wouldn't have a clue where the benefits office is, but that doesn't mean i don't care about those less fortunate.

I agree with you on this because it is not nice seeing all the unemployed people coming for interviews when there are only a few positions available.
The gig economy is a load of bollocks too, the government claims on employment figures are false.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby wutang » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:45 pm

LordRaven wrote:People never learn do they.

I think it was hubris more than anything, the sense that we could never lose the referendum so why bother planning for it along with the leave side never expecting to get what they want so also never planning for it.

Part of me thinks that the 'leave' side never really wanted to leave they just wanted to force the EU into granting even more concessions to the UK - i.e have its cake and eat it - which has always been the UK stance on it (we want all the benefits but non of the responsibilities).

But that was never going to happen post-Lisbon treaty and so Cameron was made to look like a right chump trying to get them to bend to his demands, the same way they are making May look like a complete fool in negotiations.
wutang

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:47 pm

Unemployment in the UK is now so low it's in danger of exposing the lie used to create the numbers
https://www.businessinsider.com/unemplo ... 7?r=US&IR=
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:47 pm

wutang wrote:
LordRaven wrote:People never learn do they.

I think it was hubris more than anything, the sense that we could never lose the referendum so why bother planning for it along with the leave side never expecting to get what they want so also never planning for it.

Part of me thinks that the 'leave' side never really wanted to leave they just wanted to force the EU into granting even more concessions to the UK - i.e have its cake and eat it - which has always been the UK stance on it (we want all the benefits but non of the responsibilities).

But that was never going to happen post-Lisbon treaty and so Cameron was made to look like a right chump trying to get them to bend to his demands, the same way they are making May look like a complete fool in negotiations.

Agreed, Call Me Dave will go down in Infamy.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:48 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Unemployment in the UK is now so low it's in danger of exposing the lie used to create the numbers

I agree with that, soon they will include anyone paying income tax :gigglesnshit:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:14 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Unemployment in the UK is now so low it's in danger of exposing the lie used to create the numbers

Hardly surprised to read that as just one hour a week counts as "employed". Government have long massaged the figures.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46264291
Grafenwalder

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:15 pm

Cannydc wrote:
wutang wrote:
LordRaven wrote:The EU are undoubtedly making an example of the UK as a warning to others, this continued will only serve to breed resentment.
Why can't we all just get along? :gigglesnshit:

Its the UK leaving the EU... which means leaving all of the things the EU does.

If it wants to remain in these things it needs to strike a deal but instead the useless Tories have wasted the last 2 years doing fuck all - cant blame the EU for that

Quite.

When you join a club, the rules are often in a small booklet or posted prominently on a wall. Seems we no longer want to be in the club, or pay for the facilities, but we still want use of them and are intent on crossing out the rules we don't like at the same time.

Our bad - not theirs.

Does the EU allow international flights from say America, India, Africa etc to use the airports then Canny?
Why should the EU stop British flights from bringing TOURISTS to the EU?
Does this mean BA will be going bust as well then if they can't fly to the EU?

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:23 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yep of course you've worked all your life, and it was a great paying number with a great pension package. Fucking dreamworld :pmsl:

Postby wutang » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:33 pm

Guest wrote:Does the EU allow international flights from say America, India, Africa etc to use the airports then Canny?

Those countries have deals with the EU. The UK hasn't bothered to make one yet.
wutang

Postby Cannydc » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:59 pm

Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
wutang wrote:
LordRaven wrote:The EU are undoubtedly making an example of the UK as a warning to others, this continued will only serve to breed resentment.

If it wants to remain in these things it needs to strike a deal but instead the useless Tories have wasted the last 2 years doing fuck all - cant blame the EU for that

Quite.

When you join a club, the rules are often in a small booklet or posted prominently on a wall. Seems we no longer want to be in the club, or pay for the facilities, but we still want use of them and are intent on crossing out the rules we don't like at the same time.

Our bad - not theirs.

Does the EU allow international flights from say America, India, Africa etc to use the airports then Canny?

What on earth are you burbling on about ?

No-one mentioned British flights not being allowed into the EU. Just for you, the airline spokesman said this...

"The airline has faced several difficulties, including recent spikes in fuel and carbon costs, the latter arising from the EU's recent decision to exclude UK airlines from full participation in the Emissions Trading Scheme.

"Current trading and future prospects have also been seriously affected by the uncertainty created by the Brexit process, which has led to our inability to secure valuable flying contracts in Europe."

Get it now ? Brexit - poison for them, and presumably every other UK based airline.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47267901
Cannydc

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:10 pm

Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
wutang wrote:

Quite.

Our bad - not theirs.

We will no longer be part of the EU.
We will be one of the few countries on planet earth with no trade political economic agreements with Europe and a huge chunk of the rest of the world because we decided to trigger article 50 before even fucking thinking about any of this.
The other way round would have been a good idea ..... mmm how long will this take how will we do this that and everything else then trigger article 50.
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs