Begum nationality stripped from her

Re: Begum nationality stripped from her

Postby MungoBrush » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:55 am

wutang wrote:The stripping of her citizenship without at least a trial is some tyrannical bullshit - but then this is the kind of hyper-repressive authoritarianism we expect from right wing Governments

Complete bollocks.

John McDonnell wrote to the Home Secretary in 2014 calling for all people who serve in the IDF to be stripped of their UK citizenship.

Read McDonnell’s letter in full below:

Dear Home Secretary,

I have provided below a link to an article written by Robert Fisk, the much respected journalist and expert on the Middle East.

Here is the link to the Robert Fisk piece:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... -islamists–what-about-foreign-fighters-who-flock-to-the-idf-9634260.html

You will see that in this article he raises the question of the possibility of British passport holders fighting in the Israeli military or on behalf of the Israeli state in recent conflicts.

I am aware of the Government’s policy of detaining and prosecuting those British citizens travelling to fight in the current Middle East conflicts.

I am writing to ask if you are aware of how many British citizens are currently fighting with, or are intending to join, the Israeli Defence Force (IDF) in and around the Gaza Strip? Will you be making the necessary arrangements to assess the numbers involved?

Will you in your capacity as Home Secretary be advising all British citizens publicly that engagement with the IDF in the current onslaught on the population of Gaza puts them at strong risk of being held personally responsible for the war crimes currently being committed in the form of indiscriminate bombing, shelling, or firing that knowingly risks the lives of non-combatants, and the imposition of collective punishment, all of which are unlawful in international law?

Will you be explaining to them that association with those who are intentionally targeting civilians for political ends, or participation in such acts, would involve them in an association with or engaged in, the perpetration of acts that meet the statutory definition of terrorism in the UK?

Will you be warning any British citizens considering engagement with the IDF that, in line with established British Government practice (e.g. the deprivation of British citizenship from, to date, at least 40 UK passport holders who have been involved in the Syrian civil war), such engagement may put their British citizenship in jeopardy?

Given the seriousness of the current situation in Gaza and the apparent escalation of the Israeli attacks on Palestinians, I urge you to address these questions promptly so that any British citizen currently participating or planning to participate in these attacks is warned of the potential consequences and thus may be deterred from acting in this way.

Yours

John McDonnell MP
MungoBrush

Postby Dinkydoobie » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:23 am

wutang wrote:Still not willing to accept that they were underage girls being groomed by older men who clearly wanted them as baby factories.

From what i've read it was the first girl who ran away, (possibly the girl whose father everyone keeps mistaking as hers that was running about with lee rigby's killers and anjhem choudary) who was the one that was contacting her. She contacted loads of people in her school trying to get them to join too.
Dinkydoobie

Postby Cannydc » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:31 am

So, Bungle, I read your post above (twice, to be sure) and your statement that John McDonnell "calls for all people who serve in the IDF to be stripped of their UK citizenship".

He clearly does no such thing, as anyone who can read can clearly see. Not the first time your florid imagination has put words into his mouth.

What he actually does is ASK THE HOME SECRETARY IF THE POSSIBLE SANCTIONS AGAINST THOSE FIGHTING ALONGSIDE THE IDF HAVE BEEN POINTED OUT TO THEM.

That's it. He wants to find out if they have been warned that they MIGHT be seen as terrorists, and if not, why not. The point being, it is very unlikely that a terrorist-friendly Tory party (supported Chile's Pinochet, South African apartheid to name but two) would consider actions by the IDF as terrorism. And I bet they won't.
Cannydc

Postby Dinkydoobie » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:34 am

Dinkydoobie wrote:
wutang wrote:Still not willing to accept that they were underage girls being groomed by older men who clearly wanted them as baby factories.

From what i've read it was the first girl who ran away, (possibly the girl whose father everyone keeps mistaking as hers that was running about with lee rigby's killers and anjhem choudary) who was the one that was contacting her. She contacted loads of people in her school trying to get them to join too.

Actually it appears to be this woman who was doing it.

https://www.un.org/securitycouncil/sanc ... sa-mahmood

Although the other girl (abase?) i think whose father was linked to anjhem choudary was trying to recruit people from their school too.
Dinkydoobie

Postby Dinkydoobie » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:04 am

"In the case of Glaswegian Aqsa Mahmood, who left the UK to join ISIS, she established a tumblr page, Umm Layth, to recruit other women and offer advice. As a result of these activities, in August 2017, she was stripped of her British citizenship with the UK government claiming she was not stateless as she could apply for citizenship in Pakistan, the country where her parents were born."

https://nationalinterest.org/feature/it ... -are-24677
Dinkydoobie

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:09 am

I wish canny, wutang, bc and mcarse would just be honest, just once, and admit they want her back so she can kill. Why else would you be so passionate about a dopey terrorist cunts right to return? They won’t be happy til the UK is just like Syria. I say we should import a load of Iranians and Lebanese so we at least have a fighting chance against the wahhabis in the inevitable civil war.

Postby Dinkydoobie » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:11 am

But their daughter isn't the only one who should shoulder the blame for her possibly joining the terror group, her parents said, blasting investigators who they said have monitored Aqsa Mahmood's social media accounts for months. The teen's family wants to know whether authorities could have done more to stop the three girls from leaving after at least one of the teens allegedly communicated with Aqsa online.

https://edition.cnn.com/2015/02/23/worl ... index.html
Dinkydoobie

Postby Dinkydoobie » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:33 am

Abase had gone to radical Islamic protests in London with her father, and Begum had been in touch with a female IS recruiter online before she left the UK.
All three had attended meetings at a hardline Islamic women’s group which preached the virtues of IS and was an offshoot of the local mosque.

Begum was using her Twitter account to contact a former medical student called Aqsa Mahmood, a 21-year-old who left Glasgow for Syria in 2013 to join IS and marry a jihadist.

The three formed a clique. They began wearing the hijab to school and talking about the fighting in Syria. They also started to badmouth their non-Muslim classmates, calling them ‘slags’ and ‘kaffirs’, an Arabic term of abuse for an infidel or non-believer.

Begum was also ‘following’ 70 other IS terrorists from around the world – both male and female – on Twitter.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... bride.html

Hmm
Dinkydoobie

Postby wutang » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:43 am

MungoBrush wrote:
wutang wrote:The stripping of her citizenship without at least a trial is some tyrannical bullshit - but then this is the kind of hyper-repressive authoritarianism we expect from right wing Governments

Complete bollocks.

What is complete bollocks?

that stripping someone of citizenship without even a trial is tyrannical bullshit? because only a cretin devoid of any belief in civil liberties would oppose that view.

or

that repressive authoritarianism is a hallmark of right wing governments? because, sadly for your argument, this very Tory Government is making the case better than I ever could (the windrush scandal alone is some next level repressive authoritarianism)
wutang

Postby wutang » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:50 am

Dinkydoobie wrote:

Similar thing happens with most grooming gangs - they brainwash/ groom one girl who is then used as a gateway to snare/attract other girls to the gang. The beneficairies are the same - older men wanting younger girls to fuck (the fact she had 2 kids, with a 3rd on the way by the age of 19 is proof of that pudding)
wutang

Postby Red Okktober » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:12 pm

Dinkydoobie wrote:Actually it appears to be this woman who was doing it.

https://www.un.org/securitycouncil/sanc ... sa-mahmood

Although the other girl (abase?) i think whose father was linked to anjhem choudary was trying to recruit people from their school too.

Didn't you get the memo? Encouraging people to join a fighting force, is no longer considered to be recruiting, but is now known as 'grooming' instead, and is the equal of being drugged and raped.

All those poor lads the British Army are currently grooming to sign up.
Red Okktober

Postby McAz » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:16 pm

Red Okktober wrote: Didn't you get the memo? Encouraging people to join a fighting force, is no longer considered to be recruiting, but is now known as 'grooming' instead, and is the equal of being drugged and raped.

All those poor lads the British Army are currently grooming to sign up.

Hilarious - you're really on fire today, Red. :pmsl:
McAz

Postby Cannydc » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:37 pm

Guest wrote:I wish canny, wutang, bc and mcarse would just be honest, just once, and admit they want her back so she can kill. Why else would you be so passionate about a dopey terrorist cunts right to return? They won’t be happy til the UK is just like Syria. I say we should import a load of Iranians and Lebanese so we at least have a fighting chance against the wahhabis in the inevitable civil war.

Have you read any of my posts on the subject?

I suspect not, having said that I couldn't care less if she is eventually left to rot in Syria - providing due process is served.

And you ?
Cannydc

Postby MungoBrush » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:42 pm

Cannydc wrote:So, Bungle, I read your post above (twice, to be sure) and your statement that John McDonnell "calls for all people who serve in the IDF to be stripped of their UK citizenship".

He clearly does no such thing, as anyone who can read can clearly see. Not the first time your florid imagination has put words into his mouth.

What he actually does is ASK THE HOME SECRETARY IF THE POSSIBLE SANCTIONS AGAINST THOSE FIGHTING ALONGSIDE THE IDF HAVE BEEN POINTED OUT TO THEM.

That's it. He wants to find out if they have been warned that they MIGHT be seen as terrorists, and if not, why not. The point being, it is very unlikely that a terrorist-friendly Tory party (supported Chile's Pinochet, South African apartheid to name but two) would consider actions by the IDF as terrorism. And I bet they won't.

Tell me which bit of this in McDonnell's letter you don't understand and I'll try to explain it to you in simpler English:

"Will you be warning any British citizens considering engagement with the IDF that, in line with established British Government practice (e.g. the deprivation of British citizenship from, to date, at least 40 UK passport holders who have been involved in the Syrian civil war), such engagement may put their British citizenship in jeopardy?"
MungoBrush

Postby Cannydc » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:49 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:So, Bungle, I read your post above (twice, to be sure) and your statement that John McDonnell "calls for all people who serve in the IDF to be stripped of their UK citizenship".

Tell me which bit of this in McDonnell's letter you don't understand and I'll try to explain it to you in simpler English:

"Will you be warning any British citizens considering engagement with the IDF that, in line with established British Government practice (e.g. the deprivation of British citizenship from, to date, at least 40 UK passport holders who have been involved in the Syrian civil war), such engagement may put their British citizenship in jeopardy?"

I think I already explained it in plain English - and that one of us (you) had failed to notice this bit...

Will you be warning any British citizens considering engagement with the IDF

Meaning WILL YOU BE POINTING OUT POSSIBLE REPERCUSSIONS TO THESE PEOPLE UNDER YOUR STEWARDSHIP AS HOME SECRETARY.

And NOT, emphatically NOT - I (JM) order you to carry out these sanctions. That is NOT the point of the letter, nor what he said.

Grow up, Bungle, learn to read and comprehend rather guess.
Cannydc

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs