Chris Williamson

Re: Chris Williamson

Postby Fletch » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:25 pm

That would be the Tom Watson who is a member of Labour friends of Israel, the same as the Labour tiggers...
Fletch

Postby Cannydc » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:34 pm

WTF is a 'Labour Tigger' ??

AFAIK,the only Tigger in common parlance is Philip Hammond...
Cannydc

Postby Fletch » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:43 pm

Labour MP faces party censure over antisemitism film

The Labour MP, Chris Williamson, faces a dressing-down from party officials after he helped to arrange a screening in parliament of a film defending Jackie Walker, the activist suspended from the party over comments about antisemitism.

A Labour spokeswoman said it was “completely inappropriate” for the Derby North MP to have booked a room in parliament next Monday for a screening of the film, entitled Witch Hunt.

Labour’s chief whip, Nick Brown, and the party’s general secretary, Jennie Formby, are to contact Williamson to stress their displeasure at his actions and ensure he cancels the booking.

Luciana Berger, the Jewish MP who quit Labour over its handling of anti-semitism, wrote on Twitter of the video: “This is what I have left behind. It’s toxic. Our country deserves so much better. ChangePolitics”.

It comes as footage emerged of Williamson telling a meeting that Labour had been “too apologetic” over antisemitism.

Addressing Sheffield Momentum, Williamson said Labour had been “demonised” over the issue. “I’ve got to say I think our party’s response has been partly responsible for that. Because, in my opinion, we’ve backed off far too much, we’ve given too much ground, we’ve been too apologetic.”

The action by Brown and Formby follows complaints to the party hierarchy from Labour MPs, including the deputy leader, Tom Watson, Lilian Greenwood and Ruth Smeeth.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -the-party

No idea what the film is about but suspect the complainants are all members of Labour friends of Israel.

I agree with him but Labour are in a no win situation. To tell the truth about anti Semitism accusations being made when anyone criticises Israel or it's leaders/military to shut down discussion would be jumped on by all the Israel apologists.

To investigate claims then find they are indeed spurious means the self same group jump on them for not tackling it or not recognising it exists.

The khazars, east Europeans, western Europeans and Americans don't have a Semitic bone in their bodies yet the Palestinians actually do. careful writing of history and media narratives have brought the world to the position where any religion can be attacked, or countries with any majority of one particular religion can be criticised with the exception of Israel or (self claimed) Jews. Zionists hiding behind religion for power and control and they've made the religion untouchable so as to avoid being shown as the war hungry thieves they really are. I feel sorry for genuine Jews, plenty of which want nothing to do with Israel. It's time the taboo was broken and some honesty prevailed.
Fletch

Postby Fletch » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:44 pm

Cannydc wrote:WTF is a 'Labour Tigger' ??

Labour deserters who now align with TIG
Fletch

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:45 pm

Palestinians are semitic people.
No one ever complains about the Zionists/Jews being anti semitic in their abuse of Palestine.
Why on earth is British politics full of this shit over some small religious group?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Fletch » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:47 pm

Fletch wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Guest wrote:Turning a blind eye or openly supporting?

Cannydc has always been in denial about anti-semitism inside the Labour party - along with all the other fanboys that post here

phpBB [video]

And while we're on a new page, let's listen to the former Israeli Minister Shulamit Aloni to clarify my other posts.
Fletch

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:55 pm

What are they going to give Chakrabati this time for acwhitewash?

Postby Fletch » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:10 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... l#comments

The comments below have been moderated in advance.

You'll see this on every Israel story, every Jewish story, every anti Semitism story and now even on Syria war reports.

Not on Muslim stories, Islam stories, Christian stories or any other religion. Why the difference?
Fletch

Postby Cannydc » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:52 pm

Fletch wrote:
Cannydc wrote:WTF is a 'Labour Tigger' ??

Labour deserters who now align with TIG

Gotcha - thanks Fletch.
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:55 pm

Fletch wrote:
Fletch wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

Cannydc has always been in denial about anti-semitism inside the Labour party - along with all the other fanboys that post here

phpBB [video]

And while we're on a new page, let's listen to the former Israeli Minister Shulamit Aloni to clarify my other posts.

Wonder if Viper or Bongo agree - or perhaps she's lying ? (hint - she isn't)
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:48 am

People rightly saying that if Williamson has been booted for his video Corbyn has done far worse and has to go. Will he dobthe honorable thing? Do anti-Semites ever do the honorable thing?

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:58 am

Cannydc wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Fletch wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

phpBB [video]

Wonder if Viper or Bongo agree - or perhaps she's lying ? (hint - she isn't)

So has the labour party been 'too apologetic' for anti-Semitism then in your opinion? You think it is all a ruse?

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:15 am

Labour badly screeing up their lines on this now. Half saying Corbyn sacked him half not. I think the labour party think the general public hasnt yet noticed they are institutionally anti-Semitic and they are managing to keep it hidden. What a deluded state to exist in.

Postby Cannydc » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:21 am

I think all parties have a small element who sit at the extreme end regarding anti-Semitism and Islamophobia.

Those elements should be dealt with appropriately.

I also believe that the UK right wing press have over-egged the problem within Labour gleefully, aided by anti-Corbyn MPs within the party.

When I see them attacking anti-Muslim sentiment in the Tory party with similar zeal, I shall believe the problem is widespread. Until then, it appears to me to be vastly overblown, over-hyped and exaggerated for purely political purposes.

Did you find any anti-Semitic rules within the Labour party ?
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:23 am

"I also believe that the UK right wing press have over-egged the problem within Labour gleefully, aided by anti-Corbyn MPs within the party."

Add - and idiots on forums who know nothing about the Labour party.
Cannydc

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs