Is it over for Trump?

Re: Is it over for Trump?

Postby LordRaven » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:42 pm

Fletch wrote:What did Mueller threaten him with?

And trump was always a dodgy sort and too close to Israel for a truly make America great again strategy. MIGA rather than MAGA.

The old story of money buys you innocence.

Anti semitic crap again Felch? :shake head:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Maddog » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:06 pm

McAz wrote:
Maddog wrote:Think of how much you could accomplish as king. You wouldn't have to deal with people that have a different opinion and vote accordingly. :leer:

So you acknowledge that wealth trumps democracy - what then is the point you're making. :dunno:

No, I never said anything about being wealthy. You could be a poor king, and still have a great deal of power.

My point is, you were complaining that your vote doesn't matter.

Well, in a way you are right. And I made the assumption (sorry), that you feel that way because your vote is often made irrelevant by votes of a majority with a different opinion. I was commiserating with you because the same thing happens to me.

But I may have to stop now, because you are not really concerned about how a vote goes, but more about how much money someone has.

I don't do class envy, and if my vote is made meaningless, it's often done so by people that do, do class envy.
Maddog

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:22 pm

Maddog wrote:
McAz wrote:
Maddog wrote:Think of how much you could accomplish as king. You wouldn't have to deal with people that have a different opinion and vote accordingly. :leer:

So you acknowledge that wealth trumps democracy - what then is the point you're making. :dunno:

No, I never said anything about being wealthy. You could be a poor king, and still have a great deal of power.

Well, in a way you are right. And I made the assumption (sorry), that you feel that way because your vote is often made irrelevant by votes of a majority with a different opinion. I was commiserating with you because the same thing happens to me.

But I may have to stop now, because you are not really concerned about how a vote goes, but more about how much money someone has.

I don't do class envy, and if my vote is made meaningless, it's often done so by people that do, do class envy.

Poor kings are usurped by richer kings...

...and it is not money that concerns me - it's the votes that money purchases - as I explained here:

Democracy as it is currently constituted and capitalism are incompatible - the poor have one vote while the rich through their media, lobbyists, threats, financing of political parties, bribes and corruption have as many votes as money can buy. Even foreign nationals like Murdoch get to "vote" here, millions of times over.

To keep the facade of democracy intact the centrist parties and the circus they perform in are funded just like football teams - ensuring one team wins one season and the other the next. And like football, entertainment aside, it is an almost valueless frippery.

Essentially and relatively the working class are still as impoverished financially and culturally as they were when I was child - after the aberration which was Attlee and the creation of the now diluted welfare state very little has changed - yes ok, fewer blacks are strung up, gays can now fuck without harassment but little else. Nor will it ever change while democracy is kept as a sideshow while capitalism's vacuous promise to the gullible of wealth, power and fame are the main presentation.

The fact remains that we think "we're so clever, classless and free - but we're still fucking peasants..."
McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:02 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Fletch wrote:What did Mueller threaten him with?

And trump was always a dodgy sort and too close to Israel for a truly make America great again strategy. MIGA rather than MAGA.

The old story of money buys you innocence.

Anti semitic crap again Felch? :shake head:

Oh no we mustn't criticize Israel ... the only country on earth we can't criticize .... fucking nob.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:06 pm

The Americans mostly but others too believe this man is the leader of the free world and if they're right then this is fucking frightening .....
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Maddog » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:45 pm

McAz wrote:
Maddog wrote:
McAz wrote:

...and it is not money that concerns me - it's the votes that money purchases - as I explained here:

Democracy as it is currently constituted and capitalism are incompatible - the poor have one vote while the rich through their media, lobbyists, threats, financing of political parties, bribes and corruption have as many votes as money can buy. Even foreign nationals like Murdoch get to "vote" here, millions of times over.

To keep the facade of democracy intact the centrist parties and the circus they perform in are funded just like football teams - ensuring one team wins one season and the other the next. And like football, entertainment aside, it is an almost valueless frippery.

Essentially and relatively the working class are still as impoverished financially and culturally as they were when I was child - after the aberration which was Attlee and the creation of the now diluted welfare state very little has changed - yes ok, fewer blacks are strung up, gays can now fuck without harassment but little else. Nor will it ever change while democracy is kept as a sideshow while capitalism's vacuous promise to the gullible of wealth, power and fame are the main presentation.

The fact remains that we think "we're so clever, classless and free - but we're still fucking peasants..."

No doubt money is a problem in a democracy. People can be greedy and vote for the people that can give them the most money. That's why it's so hard to defeat politicians that are offering stuff to people.

Often times, the slaves will vote for the people that offer a little more cash, as long as they promise to stay on the plantation. I believe a great number of people like it that way. I mean they will always prefer more cash, but not at the risk of stepping of the plantation. The plantation provides all of the basics. Food, shelter clothing. That's enough for many people.

And I have never considered myself a peasant, but maybe you were not speaking about people like me? :dunno:
Maddog

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:56 pm

Maddog wrote:
McAz wrote:
Maddog wrote:
McAz wrote:

No doubt money is a problem in a democracy. People can be greedy and vote for the people that can give them the most money. That's why it's so hard to defeat politicians that are offering stuff to people.

Often times, the slaves will vote for the people that offer a little more cash, as long as they promise to stay on the plantation. I believe a great number of people like it that way. I mean they will always prefer more cash, but not at the risk of stepping of the plantation. The plantation provides all of the basics. Food, shelter clothing. That's enough for many people.

And I have never considered myself a peasant, but maybe you were not speaking about people like me? :dunno:

It's a John Lennon quote. I think the US missed the peasant phase.

I live in a partial democracy - our second house, our head of state, our judiciary and sometimes even our PM are all partial to cash but not subject to a vote. It's no wonder the people are so easily bribed.
McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:39 pm

Maddog wrote:
McAz wrote:
Maddog wrote:
McAz wrote:

Yes it's called corporate welfare.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:44 pm

Yes Maddog you're a peasant.
In the land of opportunity and riches where anything is possible you've managed to obtain cheap rented accomodation and drive a beat up old pickup.
Bread and circuses keeps you sedated and happy and you're dumb enough to make out everyone but you lives on the plantation.
You're economic knowledge is risable and you learnt it all at an American university.
You are commonly what is known around the world as the stupid American.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Maddog » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:54 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Yes Maddog you're a peasant.
In the land of opportunity and riches where anything is possible you've managed to obtain cheap rented accomodation and drive a beat up old pickup.
Bread and circuses keeps you sedated and happy and you're dumb enough to make out everyone but you lives on the plantation.
You're economic knowledge is risable and you learnt it all at an American university.
You are commonly what is known around the world as the stupid American.

I drive a Kia now, but I'm hanging on to the truck for sentimental reasons. At least a little longer.

But I'm doing OK. Got everything I need. 3 beautiful daughters and my health.

I guess being a peasant is OK. I consider my self fortunate.
Maddog

Postby Stooo » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:15 am

Ex-Trump Org VP drops bombshell: CFO Weisselberg knows about at least 5 more Trump hush money payoffs :

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/03/former ... ssion=true

(Caution, distressing picture possibly NSFL).
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby wutang » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:43 am

Maddog wrote:I drive a Kia now

:kinell:

Texas really has changed

Have you ditched the stetson as well
wutang

Postby Rocthedog » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:45 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:TESTIMONY OF MICHAEL D. COHEN

I have asked this Committee to ensure that my family be protected from Presidential threats, and that the Committee be sensitive to the questions pertaining to ongoing investigations. Thank you for your help and for your understanding.

I am here under oath to correct the record, to answer the Committee’s questions truthfully, and to offer the American people what I know about President Trump.

I recognize that some of you may doubt and attack me on my credibility. It is for this reason that I have incorporated into this opening statement documents that are irrefutable, and demonstrate that the information you will hear is accurate and truthful.

Never in a million years did I imagine, when I accepted a job in 2007 to work for Donald Trump, that he would one day run for President, launch a 2 campaign on a platform of hate and intolerance, and actually win. I regret the day I said “yes” to Mr. Trump. I regret all the help and support I gave him along the way.

I am ashamed of my own failings, and I publicly accepted responsibility for them by pleading guilty in the Southern District of New York.

I am ashamed of my weakness and misplaced loyalty – of the things I did for Mr. Trump in an effort to protect and promote him.

I am ashamed that I chose to take part in concealing Mr. Trump’s illicit acts rather than listening to my own conscience.

I am ashamed because I know what Mr. Trump is.

He is a racist.

He is a conman.

He is a cheat.

He was a presidential candidate who knew that Roger Stone was talking with Julian Assange about a WikiLeaks drop of Democratic National Committee emails.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/trump-is- ... ee/5669908

Wonderful chap Trump. Nothing wrong with him I think if he was posting on this site he would fit right in with those idiot Labour supporters posting on here. Mind you he would he would make a good conservative leader keep the party in power for decades. Yep wonderful chap.
Rocthedog

Postby Maddog » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:05 pm

wutang wrote:
Maddog wrote:I drive a Kia now

:kinell:

Texas really has changed

Have you ditched the stetson as well

Nah. Were good at embracing the past and the present. Rarely wear a cowboy hat, wear boots a few times a week. Talk like a hick, but ride my bicycle a lot.

The stereotypes have always been just that. :more beer:
Maddog

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs