Is it over for Trump?

Is it over for Trump?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:27 pm

TESTIMONY OF MICHAEL D. COHEN

I have asked this Committee to ensure that my family be protected from Presidential threats, and that the Committee be sensitive to the questions pertaining to ongoing investigations. Thank you for your help and for your understanding.

I am here under oath to correct the record, to answer the Committee’s questions truthfully, and to offer the American people what I know about President Trump.

I recognize that some of you may doubt and attack me on my credibility. It is for this reason that I have incorporated into this opening statement documents that are irrefutable, and demonstrate that the information you will hear is accurate and truthful.

Never in a million years did I imagine, when I accepted a job in 2007 to work for Donald Trump, that he would one day run for President, launch a 2 campaign on a platform of hate and intolerance, and actually win. I regret the day I said “yes” to Mr. Trump. I regret all the help and support I gave him along the way.

I am ashamed of my own failings, and I publicly accepted responsibility for them by pleading guilty in the Southern District of New York.

I am ashamed of my weakness and misplaced loyalty – of the things I did for Mr. Trump in an effort to protect and promote him.

I am ashamed that I chose to take part in concealing Mr. Trump’s illicit acts rather than listening to my own conscience.

I am ashamed because I know what Mr. Trump is.

He is a racist.

He is a conman.

He is a cheat.

He was a presidential candidate who knew that Roger Stone was talking with Julian Assange about a WikiLeaks drop of Democratic National Committee emails.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/trump-is- ... ee/5669908
Rolluplostinspace

Re: Is it over for Trump?

Postby Fletch » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:32 pm

What did Mueller threaten him with?

And trump was always a dodgy sort and too close to Israel for a truly make America great again strategy. MIGA rather than MAGA.

The old story of money buys you innocence.
Fletch

Postby Fletch » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:36 pm

Just occurred to me, does this drive a coach and horses through the client attorney privilege?

Who will trust an attorney after this?
Fletch

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:10 pm

Fletch wrote:Just occurred to me, does this drive a coach and horses through the client attorney privilege?

Спасибо за ваш вклад, товарищ
Cactus Jack

Postby Fletch » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:29 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Fletch wrote:Just occurred to me, does this drive a coach and horses through the client attorney privilege?

Спасибо за ваш вклад, товарищ

Не за что!
Fletch

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:34 pm

Is he back from serving in Nam yet?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Maddog » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:56 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:TESTIMONY OF MICHAEL D. COHEN

I have asked this Committee to ensure that my family be protected from Presidential threats, and that the Committee be sensitive to the questions pertaining to ongoing investigations. Thank you for your help and for your understanding.

I am here under oath to correct the record, to answer the Committee’s questions truthfully, and to offer the American people what I know about President Trump.

I recognize that some of you may doubt and attack me on my credibility. It is for this reason that I have incorporated into this opening statement documents that are irrefutable, and demonstrate that the information you will hear is accurate and truthful.

Never in a million years did I imagine, when I accepted a job in 2007 to work for Donald Trump, that he would one day run for President, launch a 2 campaign on a platform of hate and intolerance, and actually win. I regret the day I said “yes” to Mr. Trump. I regret all the help and support I gave him along the way.

I am ashamed of my own failings, and I publicly accepted responsibility for them by pleading guilty in the Southern District of New York.

I am ashamed of my weakness and misplaced loyalty – of the things I did for Mr. Trump in an effort to protect and promote him.

I am ashamed that I chose to take part in concealing Mr. Trump’s illicit acts rather than listening to my own conscience.

He is a racist.

He is a conman.

He is a cheat.

He was a presidential candidate who knew that Roger Stone was talking with Julian Assange about a WikiLeaks drop of Democratic National Committee emails.

Doubtful. Cohen is such a slimeball that his word is isn't worth much. I mean he's a convicted felon. Basically no minds were changed.

Mueller is the guy that can make him go away, but I'm doubtful he has found enough to make that happen.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:53 pm

Maddog wrote:Doubtful. Cohen is such a slimeball that his word is isn't worth much. I mean he's a convicted felon. Basically no minds were changed.

Mueller is the guy that can make him go away, but I'm doubtful he has found enough to make that happen.

I agree Cohen alone is credible which is why, for those who actually listened, every Democrat followed a 'Trump did this' answer from Cohen with 'and how can we corroborate your answer'. This was Cohen giving testimony this was Cohen giving Congress a list of people to subpoena and the list included Donald Jnr, Eric and Ivanka - all of whom are now waiting to be summoned to that same committee, and all of whom can now expect to served with warrants to search their records, finances and communications.

But in a political sense It's not about changing minds in the GOP it's about showing voters, and more especially those who did not vote or voted for protest third parties, how the GOP are now in the hands of Authoritarian Populists.

2020 is coming and the Democrats have got the Progressive Left locked, how they need to work on what you might call the Libertarian Lites - those prepared to vote against the GOP, or at least not vote for them, as long as they are in lockstep with Right Wing Authoritarians.
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:56 pm

Fletch wrote:What did Mueller threaten him with?

And trump was always a dodgy sort and too close to Israel for a truly make America great again strategy. MIGA rather than MAGA.

The old story of money buys you innocence.

At least five more years if he lies again, maybe Manafort had a quiet word...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:58 pm

Maddog wrote:

He is a racist.

He is a conman.

He is a cheat.

Doubtful. Cohen is such a slimeball that his word is isn't worth much. I mean he's a convicted felon. Basically no minds were changed.

Who would hire a slimeball for decades especially if he was the self-confessed smartest guy in the room?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:12 pm

Can Trump now claim to be a war hero after being shot down in Hanoi this week?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Fletch » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:25 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Can Trump now claim to be a war hero after being shot down in Hanoi this week?

:mrgreen:
Fletch

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:37 pm

Fletch wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Can Trump now claim to be a war hero after being shot down in Hanoi this week?

:mrgreen:

He'll be eligible for a Purple Heart now that he's been seriously wounded while overseas. :laughing:

Postby Maddog » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:52 pm

Stooo wrote:
Maddog wrote:

He is a racist.

He is a conman.

He is a cheat.

Who would hire a slimeball for decades especially if he was the self-confessed smartest guy in the room?

Lots of wealthy folks have sleazeball lawyers who will handle things for cash. Especially people like Trump that need lots of things handled. :leer:
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:57 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:Doubtful. Cohen is such a slimeball that his word is isn't worth much. I mean he's a convicted felon. Basically no minds were changed.

I agree Cohen alone is credible which is why, for those who actually listened, every Democrat followed a 'Trump did this' answer from Cohen with 'and how can we corroborate your answer'. This was Cohen giving testimony this was Cohen giving Congress a list of people to subpoena and the list included Donald Jnr, Eric and Ivanka - all of whom are now waiting to be summoned to that same committee, and all of whom can now expect to served with warrants to search their records, finances and communications.

But in a political sense It's not about changing minds in the GOP it's about showing voters, and more especially those who did not vote or voted for protest third parties, how the GOP are now in the hands of Authoritarian Populists.

2020 is coming and the Democrats have got the Progressive Left locked, how they need to work on what you might call the Libertarian Lites - those prepared to vote against the GOP, or at least not vote for them, as long as they are in lockstep with Right Wing Authoritarians.

I've said this multiple times. The Dems shouldn't have a problem beating Trump in 2020.

But Labour should be trouncing the Tories too.

If the Dems do something dumb like pick Bernie, which is still possible, it will be race.

And, Weld is probably going to challenge Trump for the Rep nomination. Assuming Trump is around to run.
Maddog

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs