Monsanto Glyphosate

Re: Monsanto Glyphosate

Postby McAz » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:41 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
McAz wrote:So the UK government is lying when it says our water is safe to drink? :yikes:

The well water in Fife is regularly tested for E.coli by local government inspectors
It's not safe to drink.
It's OK to shower - if you keep your mouth closed
But babies must be bathed in bottled water.

Water UK says:

Can I drink tap water in the UK?

Yes, British tap water is among the best in the world. Millions of tests are conducted annually to guarantee the best possible quality of water for consumers. That makes tap water the most regulated drink out there.

Are we being lied to - or is it only well water in Fife?
McAz

Postby banana chewits » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:43 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
McAz wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:The water in Scotland has always been undrinkable
That's why the Scottish people always drank beer
Until the French monks showed them how to make whiskey

I would have thought that you would have known that.

Today, homes in Scotland that rely on well water cannot drink the water coming put of their taps.
It's poisonous

So the UK government is lying when it says our water is safe to drink? :yikes:

The well water in Fife is regularly tested for E.coli by local government inspectors
It's not safe to drink.

the scottish government advises people to have their private water supply tested regularly, they don't say its poisonous. they also give advice on avoiding contaminants.

https://www.mygov.scot/private-water-supply-safe/
banana chewits

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:14 pm

Lots of homes and farms in Wales running on well water that tests as extremely clean clear and safe.
When I had the farm I was on a water meter so chucked a floating pump in the well after having had it tested and ran the place mostly on that water.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby MungoBrush » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:51 pm

McAz wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
McAz wrote:So the UK government is lying when it says our water is safe to drink? :yikes:

It's not safe to drink.

Water UK says:

Yes, British tap water is among the best in the world. Millions of tests are conducted annually to guarantee the best possible quality of water for consumers. That makes tap water the most regulated drink out there.

Maybe you can't understand English?
The problem that I am personally familiar with is contaminated well water piped to homes in Fife Scotland
It's a fact and it is happening right now.
I can't comment on water supplies in other parts of the country
But I wouldn't be surprised if the Scottish Government was lying to the people of Scotland.
MungoBrush

Postby McAz » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:54 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
McAz wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

It's not safe to drink.

Water UK says:

Maybe you can't understand English?
The problem that I am personally familiar with is contaminated well water piped to homes in Fife Scotland
It's a fact and it is happening right now.
I can't comment on water supplies in other parts of the country
But I wouldn't be surprised if the Scottish Government was lying to the people of Scotland.

Why should I care about your personal problems? :scratch:

I asked you if the UK government which you support is lying about our water being safe - if you don't know, just say so, Bongle.
McAz

Postby Fletch » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:03 pm

Fletch wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Fletch wrote:Weedkiller found in wide range of breakfast foods aimed at children

Cancer-linked herbicide, sold as Roundup by Monsanto, present in 45 products including granola, snack bars and Cheerios

Significant levels of the weedkilling chemical glyphosate have been found in an array of popular breakfast cereals, oats and snack bars marketed to US children, a new study has found.

Tests revealed glyphosate, the active ingredient in the popular weedkiller brand Roundup, present in all but two of the 45 oat-derived products that were sampled by the Environmental Working Group, a public health organization.

Nearly three in four of the products exceeded what the EWG classes safe for children to consume. Products with some of the highest levels of glyphosate include granola, oats and snack bars made by leading industry names Quaker, Kellogg’s and General Mills, which makes Cheerios.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... drens-food

It's contaminated everything. Crops have been developed to withstand the weedkiller so they can be totally sprayed with it right up to harvest day, and are. That shows in the findings of this and the beer tests and goodness knows what else.

As usual, fuck the public, think of the money. That's the status quo that many want to keep, including the powers that be. JC is the threat to that and under constant attack because of it. People need to wise up.

And the shite that they dump on the fields in this country poisons the water supply.
Water from the wells is undrinkable after muck spreading
It's loaded with E.coli
Locals have to drink bottled water
And it's called "organic farming"

:link:

I can only find nitrate leaching in the US or Mexico. :dunno:

Bump for Mungo as he must have missed this post.
Fletch

Postby Cannydc » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:57 pm

Fletch wrote:
Cannydc wrote:"they can be totally sprayed with it right up to harvest day, and are. "

Utter garbage. Do you actually think about anything you post?

Speaking as someone whose dad spent his life working on a farm, and having just asked him, I can assure you that spraying any crop to eradicate weeds would need to be done at least 10 days before harvest. Anything after that would be a complete waste of money - something farmers tend to not do. And spraying on the day of harvest ? Please. Complete fantasy.

There is more likelihood that the tiny (yes, tiny and basically insignificant) amounts found result from airborne drift when nearby crops are sprayed around harvest time.

Why Is Glyphosate Sprayed on Crops Right Before Harvest?

Glyphosate, the main ingredient in Monsanto's Roundup herbicide, is recognized as the world's most widely used weed killer. What is not so well known is that farmers also use glyphosate on crops such as wheat, oats, edible beans and other crops right before harvest, raising concerns that the herbicide could get into food products.

https://www.ecowatch.com/roundup-cancer-1882187755.html

DOZENS of Food Crops Treated with Pre-Harvest Roundup (it’s not just wheat!)

https://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com ... ust-wheat/

There's even a wiki page for it!

Crop desiccation

Pre-harvest crop desiccation (also siccation[1]) refers to the application of a herbicide to a crop shortly before harvest.[2] Herbicides used include glyphosate, diquat and glufosinate.[2] For potatoes, carfentrazone-ethyl is used.[3] Other desiccants are cyanamide, cinidon-ethyl, and pyraflufen-ethyl.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_desiccation

You're either tasked with being a mouthpiece for the powers that be canny or you really are as indoctrinated as I suspected.

Or perhaps, as often happens, you didn't bother to read your own link, Fletch....

"Applying herbicides like Roundup 7-10 days before harvest is viewed as especially helpful for wheat that ripens unevenly, a common occurrence. "

Please note my post - " I can assure you that spraying any crop to eradicate weeds would need to be done at least 10 days before harvest." pretty much says exactly the same, except that I was unaware that at the 10 day mark they had a different reason for spraying.

Nevertheless, the timescale is the same. Crops are last sprayed at least 10 days before harvest - NOT 'right up to harvest' and only then in certain areas where damp conditions proclude even ripening. And 10 days to 2 weeks is plenty of time for dispersal of the 'dessicant'.
Cannydc

Postby Fletch » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:59 am

Cannydc wrote:Or perhaps, as often happens, you didn't bother to read your own link, Fletch....

"Applying herbicides like Roundup 7-10 days before harvest is viewed as especially helpful for wheat that ripens unevenly, a common occurrence. "

Please note my post - " I can assure you that spraying any crop to eradicate weeds would need to be done at least 10 days before harvest." pretty much says exactly the same, except that I was unaware that at the 10 day mark they had a different reason for spraying.

Nevertheless, the timescale is the same. Crops are last sprayed at least 10 days before harvest - NOT 'right up to harvest' and only then in certain areas where damp conditions proclude even ripening. And 10 days to 2 weeks is plenty of time for dispersal of the 'dessicant'.

You seem fixated on wheat but as one of the links states "DOZENS of Food Crops Treated with Pre-Harvest Roundup (it’s not just wheat!)"

There is even an image I posted saying wheat is just the tip of the iceberg.

Pre-harvest treatment of crops with glyphosate helps farmers to harvest their crops more efficiently and at less cost (2)

Crazy as it may seem, Roundup is used everywhere in the North American conventional food supply and not just on GMO crops or to kill weeds!

Glyphosate is applied directly to dozens of nonGMO food crops, in many cases, right before they are harvested. This is the worst possible time to apply a herbicide because it causes the glyphosate to be absorbed into the food crop directly. In other words, the glyphosate can’t be washed off later as it has become part of the food. This toxin will then be ingested by those who consume it either directly as a “whole food” or via processed foods that contain it as an ingredient.

According to the Cornucopia Institute:

Ubiquitous in food production, glyphosate is used not just with row crops like corn, soybeans and wheat but also a range of fruits, nuts and veggies. Even spinach growers use glyphosate (3).

https://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com ... ust-wheat/

You may defend food soaked in weedkiller for the profit of the corporates but I don't.
Fletch

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:10 am

CT spam. I thought this was news forum?

Postby Cannydc » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:15 am

Guest wrote:CT spam. I thought this was news forum?

It's pretty much the norm.

No idea of how farms work, but every idea on how to use CT websites and pronounce as 'fact'.
Cannydc

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:32 am

Guest wrote:CT spam. I thought this was news forum?

Are you saying the German government .... one of a growing number are CT's?
Germany sets new restrictions on glyphosate

The Environment Ministry has announced a spate of new regulations on the use of herbicides and pesticides. The tougher policy aims for a staged exit from the use of weed killer glyphosate and similar products.
https://www.dw.com/en/germany-sets-new- ... a-46172338
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:34 am

Rolluplostinspace

Postby Fletch » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:01 pm

Monsanto Asks Trump EPA to OK Drift-prone Pesticide on 90 Million Acres of Corn

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency announced today it will consider allowing the highly drift-prone pesticide dicamba to be sprayed on up to 90 million acres of corn.

Dicamba is produced by Monsanto, which is now owned by Bayer. Drift from dicamba sprayed on cotton and soybean fields has damaged an estimated 5 million acres of crops, trees and backyard gardens over the past three years. That has prompted several states to restrict its use.

“Use of this dangerous, uncontrollable toxin should be banned, not expanded,” said Nathan Donley, a senior scientist with the Center for Biological Diversity. “With millions of acres of crops, orchards and natural areas already harmed by this volatile herbicide, Trump’s EPA should reject Monsanto’s self-serving request to dramatically escalate its use.”

Highly toxic dicamba products are designed for use primarily on crops genetically engineered to resist what would normally be a fatal dose of the pesticide. The EPA has already approved dicamba for use on genetically engineered soybean and cotton crops.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/monsanto- ... rn/5672224

deserves a mention in the wildlife thread as well.

Dicamba use also poses a significant threat to imperiled wildlife. A 2018 Center report found that more than 60 million acres of monarch butterfly habitat are projected to be sprayed with dicamba by next year. And today’s proposal to expand the use of dicamba to corn would expand the acreage of monarch habitat sprayed.

Capitalism will kill us all.
Fletch

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:13 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:German Beer Industry in Shock Over Monsanto Glyphosate Contamination
The Munich Environmental Institute (Umweltinstitut München) has released shocking results (February) of laboratory testing it has completed on 14 of the most sold beers in Germany. The probable carcinogen and World’s most used herbicide – glyphosate – was found in all of the 14 beers tested.
https://www.globalresearch.ca/german-be ... on/5633850
There seems to be no escaping this shit.
Someone needs to grow some fucking balls and ban this stuff outright from the whole fucking planet.

that is the problem. governments got caught out in contractual obligations. If the company where to be stopped from generating revinue by a governing body. the corporation can sue them for loss of earnings.

it is the individual who needs to inform the company that they are causing harm and demand they remove carcinogens. failing that, destruction of the offending material as stipulated in original letter. just don't forget to address petition to the Person (ie, named corporation! not soul owner. Inform soul owner of criminal activity of their corporate board.) in contract with the government "We the People". sadly the destruction of carcinogens will be complicated with out exposing the Public to dangerous materials. saying that if charges where to be brought against You for exposing the general Public to dangerous substances. that could be used against the corporation.

if the claim of destruction of private property is brought against You. there then needs to be evidence support of destruction of private property, to which the corporation has to declare claim of ownership. a soul owner becomes liable, a corporation will simply declare bankruptcy.

three foods to be avoided under the acronym owl. oats, wheat, and can't remember the last one? even organic isn't 100% safe. though always check that there is assurance from the soil association. (look at free range eggs since bird flu, chickens have been held indoors.) now You know one of the reasons crippling sanctions have been imposed on some poor nations!
art0hur0moh

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:23 am

art0hur0moh wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:German Beer Industry in Shock Over Monsanto Glyphosate Contamination
The Munich Environmental Institute (Umweltinstitut München) has released shocking results (February) of laboratory testing it has completed on 14 of the most sold beers in Germany. The probable carcinogen and World’s most used herbicide – glyphosate – was found in all of the 14 beers tested.
https://www.globalresearch.ca/german-be ... on/5633850
There seems to be no escaping this shit.
Someone needs to grow some fucking balls and ban this stuff outright from the whole fucking planet.

(look at free range eggs since bird flu, chickens have been held indoors.)

Free range chickens were kept indoors for a short period of time long since ended.
I know because I was having to deal with DEFRA at the time.
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs