Right Wing provocateur Faked Death Threats Against Himself

Right Wing provocateur Faked Death Threats Against Himself

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:13 pm

Right-wing personality Jacob Wohl appears to have faked death threats against himself.

Wohl’s videos to his fans were premised on the idea that Minneapolis is an incredibly dangerous place, and often featured him wearing a bulletproof vest. At one point in a new video about their trip, Wohl goes to a Minneapolis police station to report death threats he says he and his team have received since being in the city.

One of those threats came via direct message from a Twitter account called @Drakehomes612, who described himself as a Minneapolis “diversity coordinator.”

“I hope you fuckin know that if [I] bump into you in Dinkytown or anywhere else in my city I’m going shoot you and shit on your fucking bodies,” the account wrote to Wohl’s team. “Get that fuck out my city you piece of shit. Now.”

As journalist Tony Webster first reported, though, @Drakehomes612 isn’t real. Instead, he’s one of the fake accounts Wohl created in the run-up to his Twitter ban. A source familiar with Wohl’s fake accounts confirmed to me that @Drakehomes612 was run by Wohl before being deleted by Twitter. That means Wohl was sending himself fake death threats, presumably in an attempt to up the drama during his Minneapolis videos.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jacob-woh ... st-himself

I know Dox was going to be along shortly to post this, being even handed as he is he would want you to know that Jussie Smollet doesn't have a monopoly on stupid publicity stunts
Cactus Jack

Re: Right Wing provocateur Faked Death Threats Against Himself

Postby Maddog » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:52 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Right-wing personality Jacob Wohl appears to have faked death threats against himself.

Wohl’s videos to his fans were premised on the idea that Minneapolis is an incredibly dangerous place, and often featured him wearing a bulletproof vest. At one point in a new video about their trip, Wohl goes to a Minneapolis police station to report death threats he says he and his team have received since being in the city.

One of those threats came via direct message from a Twitter account called @Drakehomes612, who described himself as a Minneapolis “diversity coordinator.”

“I hope you fuckin know that if [I] bump into you in Dinkytown or anywhere else in my city I’m going shoot you and shit on your fucking bodies,” the account wrote to Wohl’s team. “Get that fuck out my city you piece of shit. Now.”

As journalist Tony Webster first reported, though, @Drakehomes612 isn’t real. Instead, he’s one of the fake accounts Wohl created in the run-up to his Twitter ban. A source familiar with Wohl’s fake accounts confirmed to me that @Drakehomes612 was run by Wohl before being deleted by Twitter. That means Wohl was sending himself fake death threats, presumably in an attempt to up the drama during his Minneapolis videos.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jacob-woh ... st-himself

I know Dox was going to be along shortly to post this, being even handed as he is he would want you to know that Jussie Smollet doesn't have a monopoly on stupid publicity stunts

"Personality" may be a bit of a stretch.

Who in the hell is he?

Of course, to be fair, I didn't know who Smollett was before his fake attack.

But I sure as hell did long before it was found out to be a hoax.
Maddog

Re: Right Wing provocateur Faked Death Threats Against Himself

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:22 am

I think his intent was to become much better known.
Cactus Jack

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs