Christchurch mosque shootings: Several dead after New Zealan

Re: Christchurch mosque shootings: Several dead after New Zealan

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:41 pm

Maddog wrote:
McAz wrote:
Cannydc wrote:US President Donald Trump has said he doesn't believe white nationalism is a rising threat.

Speaking to reporters in the Oval Office, he said: "I don't really. I think it's a small group of people."

The president also said he had not seen the document posted online in which the suspected Christchurch gunman praised Trump as "a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose".


Oh dear...


And yet...

Right-wing terrorists killed three times more people in US than Islamists in past decade with attacks soaring in 2018, report says

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/right-wing-terrorists-murder-far-right-islamist-anti-defamation-league-adl-a8742476.html



Well, white people kill more people period.

And get the most speeding tickets.

Donate the most organs.

Drink more whiskey.

Attend more NASCAR races.

We are a majority you know. Especially when compared to the adherents of Big Mo's teachings :leer:

Who said anything about white people? :dunno:
Last edited by McAz on Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 35472
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Christchurch mosque shootings: Several dead after New Zealan

Postby Maddog » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:41 pm

McAz wrote:
Maddog wrote:Not sure what it says about us (this forum, and/or the West), but Muslims being killing in a Mosque is hardly an unusual event. It is in Western countries, but not in more Muslim countries. We don't seem to signal our virtue quite as hard when a bomb goes off in a Mosque in Pakistan and kills a few dozen folks. We don't seem to care. It definitely wouldn't be a very active thread on this forum, if someone were to post about it. :dunno:


Perhaps because the far-right have for years been peddling the narrative that white/Christian folks are superior - and so we are duly appalled.


So you're more surprised when the white folks go postal, than when the Mosque attending folks do?
User avatar
Maddog
 
Posts: 33236
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:46 am

Re: Christchurch mosque shootings: Several dead after New Zealan

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:42 pm

Maddog wrote:
McAz wrote:
Maddog wrote:Not sure what it says about us (this forum, and/or the West), but Muslims being killing in a Mosque is hardly an unusual event. It is in Western countries, but not in more Muslim countries. We don't seem to signal our virtue quite as hard when a bomb goes off in a Mosque in Pakistan and kills a few dozen folks. We don't seem to care. It definitely wouldn't be a very active thread on this forum, if someone were to post about it. :dunno:


Perhaps because the far-right have for years been peddling the narrative that white/Christian folks are superior - and so we are duly appalled.


So you're more surprised when the white folks go postal, than when the Mosque attending folks do?

I don't buy into the narrative so why would I be?
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 35472
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Christchurch mosque shootings: Several dead after New Zealan

Postby Maddog » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:43 pm

McAz wrote:
Maddog wrote:
McAz wrote:
Cannydc wrote:US President Donald Trump has said he doesn't believe white nationalism is a rising threat.

Speaking to reporters in the Oval Office, he said: "I don't really. I think it's a small group of people."

The president also said he had not seen the document posted online in which the suspected Christchurch gunman praised Trump as "a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose".


Oh dear...


And yet...

Right-wing terrorists killed three times more people in US than Islamists in past decade with attacks soaring in 2018, report says

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/right-wing-terrorists-murder-far-right-islamist-anti-defamation-league-adl-a8742476.html



Well, white people kill more people period.

And get the most speeding tickets.

Donate the most organs.

Drink more whiskey.

Attend more NASCAR races.

We are a majority you know. Especially when compared to the adherents of Big Mo's teachings :leer:

Who said anything about white people? :dunno:



Good point. There are 6 non white, right wing terrorists on the planet. Don't want to leave them out. They worked hard to get where they are and I don't want to be discriminatory.
User avatar
Maddog
 
Posts: 33236
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:46 am

Re: Christchurch mosque shootings: Several dead after New Zealan

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:44 pm

Maddog wrote:
McAz wrote:
Maddog wrote:
McAz wrote:
Cannydc wrote:US President Donald Trump has said he doesn't believe white nationalism is a rising threat.

Speaking to reporters in the Oval Office, he said: "I don't really. I think it's a small group of people."

The president also said he had not seen the document posted online in which the suspected Christchurch gunman praised Trump as "a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose".


Oh dear...


And yet...

Right-wing terrorists killed three times more people in US than Islamists in past decade with attacks soaring in 2018, report says

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/right-wing-terrorists-murder-far-right-islamist-anti-defamation-league-adl-a8742476.html



Well, white people kill more people period.

And get the most speeding tickets.

Donate the most organs.

Drink more whiskey.

Attend more NASCAR races.

We are a majority you know. Especially when compared to the adherents of Big Mo's teachings :leer:

Who said anything about white people? :dunno:



Good point. There are 6 non white, right wing terrorists on the planet. Don't want to leave them out. They worked hard to get where they are and I don't want to be discriminatory.


ISIS are right-wing.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 35472
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Christchurch mosque shootings: Several dead after New Zealan

Postby Maddog » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:45 pm

McAz wrote:
Maddog wrote:
McAz wrote:
Maddog wrote:Not sure what it says about us (this forum, and/or the West), but Muslims being killing in a Mosque is hardly an unusual event. It is in Western countries, but not in more Muslim countries. We don't seem to signal our virtue quite as hard when a bomb goes off in a Mosque in Pakistan and kills a few dozen folks. We don't seem to care. It definitely wouldn't be a very active thread on this forum, if someone were to post about it. :dunno:


Perhaps because the far-right have for years been peddling the narrative that white/Christian folks are superior - and so we are duly appalled.


So you're more surprised when the white folks go postal, than when the Mosque attending folks do?

I don't buy into the narrative so why would I be?


So why don't we care when a few dozen Muslims are blown to bits in a mosque in Pakistan?
User avatar
Maddog
 
Posts: 33236
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:46 am

Re: Christchurch mosque shootings: Several dead after New Zealan

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:46 pm

Maddog wrote:
McAz wrote:
Maddog wrote:
McAz wrote:
Maddog wrote:Not sure what it says about us (this forum, and/or the West), but Muslims being killing in a Mosque is hardly an unusual event. It is in Western countries, but not in more Muslim countries. We don't seem to signal our virtue quite as hard when a bomb goes off in a Mosque in Pakistan and kills a few dozen folks. We don't seem to care. It definitely wouldn't be a very active thread on this forum, if someone were to post about it. :dunno:


Perhaps because the far-right have for years been peddling the narrative that white/Christian folks are superior - and so we are duly appalled.


So you're more surprised when the white folks go postal, than when the Mosque attending folks do?

I don't buy into the narrative so why would I be?


So why don't we care when a few dozen Muslims are blown to bits in a mosque in Pakistan?

I do care. :scratch:
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 35472
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Christchurch mosque shootings: Several dead after New Zealan

Postby Maddog » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:47 pm

ISIS are right-wing.


I would put them in a class of religious zealots or a cult.

They don't fall into the left-right paradigm very well.
User avatar
Maddog
 
Posts: 33236
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:46 am

Re: Christchurch mosque shootings: Several dead after New Zealan

Postby Maddog » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:48 pm

I do care. :scratch:


OK, why don't we have multi page threads when it happens?
User avatar
Maddog
 
Posts: 33236
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:46 am

Re: Christchurch mosque shootings: Several dead after New Zealan

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:48 pm

Maddog wrote:
ISIS are right-wing.


I would put them in a class of religious zealots or a cult.

They don't fall into the left-right paradigm very well.


I've never heard of a left-wing theocracy, have you?
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 35472
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Christchurch mosque shootings: Several dead after New Zealan

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:50 pm

Maddog wrote:
I do care. :scratch:


OK, why don't we have multi page threads when it happens?

Because the western news rarely features such incidents.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 35472
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Christchurch mosque shootings: Several dead after New Zealan

Postby Red Okktober » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:50 pm

McAz wrote:I expected him to at least stay out of the thread if he has nothing of worth to say - if for no other reason than we have a New Zealander here who, like millions of her fellow citizens, is bearing the shock.

You've trolled every tragedy and terrorist attack thread as far back as I can remember - with no subject off limits. You get your jollies on the back of other people's misery. Do you think for one moment anyone is buying into your fake Mr Concerned act?

Re the attack itself- cowardly and vile of course.
User avatar
Red Okktober
 
Posts: 2719
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:37 pm

Re: Christchurch mosque shootings: Several dead after New Zealan

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:52 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
McAz wrote:I expected him to at least stay out of the thread if he has nothing of worth to say - if for no other reason than we have a New Zealander here who, like millions of her fellow citizens, is bearing the shock.

You've trolled every tragedy and terrorist attack thread as far back as I can remember...ad hominem shite etc..


So you thought you'd troll this one - well done. :shake head:
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 35472
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Christchurch mosque shootings: Several dead after New Zealan

Postby Maddog » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:01 pm

McAz wrote:
Maddog wrote:
I do care. :scratch:


OK, why don't we have multi page threads when it happens?

Because the western news rarely features such incidents.



https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england- ... tan-mosque

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/news- ... n-pakistan

https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/16/asia/pak ... index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2015/02/13/world/pa ... index.html

That's just a few, in one country. I could find plenty more.

The Western Press reports them, the western consumers of those reports don't care. The posters on this forum (you included) don't bother starting threads about these attacks. That's not even debatable. The bigger question is why?
User avatar
Maddog
 
Posts: 33236
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:46 am

Re: Christchurch mosque shootings: Several dead after New Zealan

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:02 pm

Maddog wrote:
McAz wrote:
Maddog wrote:
I do care. :scratch:


OK, why don't we have multi page threads when it happens?

Because the western news rarely features such incidents.



https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england- ... tan-mosque

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/news- ... n-pakistan

https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/16/asia/pak ... index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2015/02/13/world/pa ... index.html

That's just a few, in one country. I could find plenty more.

The Western Press reports them, the western consumers of those reports don't care. The posters on this forum (you included) don't bother starting threads about these attacks. That's not even debatable. The bigger question is why?



I didn't say they didn't report them - I said features them.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 35472
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests