No Happy Easter for Christians

Re: No Happy Easter for Christians

Postby LordRaven » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:59 am

McHenry wrote:
Holly wrote:The victims were freakn humans. WTF does it matter what religion they were? Nearly 300 "HUMANS" were killed.
This world is truly fucked, there is no way back to any kind of normality. Our world/planet is now very dangerous to live on and there's nothing we can do about it anymore to change it.

ETA...fuck religion, it's the root of all evil.

It doesn't.

But our planet is no more dangerous to live on now than it ever was. Life was always scary for most if not everyone.

I think it far more dangerous now due to technological advances and ideological lunatics.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby McAz » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:59 am

LordRaven wrote:
McHenry wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McHenry wrote:Seems perfectly clear to me - what confuses you?

It seemed a perfectly clear question, so why no straightforward answer? All it required was a Yes or No, so why not answer so?

The answer was perfectly straightforward - a chimp with a sore foot could understand it. An estate agent, perhaps not. :dunno:

Anyone would find it difficult to understand why you obfuscate?
No matter, the sore foot is far more important than your thoughts on the matter.
Time for some strong painkillers.
The pain in the foot is a real pain in the ass!

Obfuscation? I think not - clear as a Notre Dame bell...

McHenry wrote:If you are not neutral and not pro it follows you must be anti.

...do ice packs not help with the foot?
Last edited by McAz on Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
McAz

Postby McAz » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:00 am

LordRaven wrote:
McHenry wrote:
Holly wrote:The victims were freakn humans. WTF does it matter what religion they were? Nearly 300 "HUMANS" were killed.
This world is truly fucked, there is no way back to any kind of normality. Our world/planet is now very dangerous to live on and there's nothing we can do about it anymore to change it.

ETA...fuck religion, it's the root of all evil.

It doesn't.

But our planet is no more dangerous to live on now than it ever was. Life was always scary for most if not everyone.

I think it far more dangerous now due to technological advances and ideological lunatics.

Statistics on health and life expectancy don't support that.
McAz

Postby LordRaven » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:06 am

McHenry wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McHenry wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McHenry wrote:Seems perfectly clear to me - what confuses you?

It seemed a perfectly clear question, so why no straightforward answer? All it required was a Yes or No, so why not answer so?

The answer was perfectly straightforward - a chimp with a sore foot could understand it. An estate agent, perhaps not. :dunno:

Anyone would find it difficult to understand why you obfuscate?
No matter, the sore foot is far more important than your thoughts on the matter.
Time for some strong painkillers.
The pain in the foot is a real pain in the ass!

Obsfuscation? I think not - clear as a Notre Dame bell...

McHenry wrote:If you are not neutral and not pro it follows you must be anti.

...do ice packs not help with the foot?

Can't see much of it due to it being heavily bandaged, and as I have been bored and got stuck into housework that is now heavily bloodstained, so all in all I cannot even contemplate ice.

Just taking the odd painkillers. But I had a call today and am booked in for a follow up appointment one week from now, hopefully to get the thing redressed after being assessed.

I can't wait to be back to normal, I do find this boring. Although it was necessary and I did leave it far too long.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby McAz » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:09 am

LordRaven wrote:Just taking the odd painkillers. But I had a call today and am booked in for a follow up appointment one week from now, hopefully to get the thing redressed after being assessed.

I can't wait to be back to normal, I do find this boring. Although it was necessary and I did leave it far too long.

Sounds awful - but the hospital are confident that they can fix it, yes?
McAz

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:23 am

Maddog wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Maddog wrote:Here is what Obama called the victims.

And Sri Lanka.

There seems to be a distinct difference MD, do you have any thoughts on the matter? And/or as to why the wording is carefully chosen so?

Certain bogeyman have more political value than others.

Words will be modified depending who the bad guy is, for political expediency and media clicks.

I made a Facebook post on this yesterday before the whole Easter Worshippers crap came up.

I'll go find it.

And by doing so you will show your ignorance.

Among Catholics attending Church is Worship doing so on a Sunday is Sunday Worship and doing so at Easter is Easter Worship, that Evangelicals - who hate Catholics above everything else on the long list of things they hate - got this wrong doesn't surprise me in the slightest but I thought you were a Lutheran.
Cactus Jack

Postby LordRaven » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:24 am

McHenry wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Just taking the odd painkillers. But I had a call today and am booked in for a follow up appointment one week from now, hopefully to get the thing redressed after being assessed.

Yes, although they did run me through, and gave me a list of, all the things that might perhaps go wrong. Tbf I cannot think that anything will be worse to what I was experiencing prior to the op, it was chronic and it also woke me up during the night when acute stabbing pains joined in.

I will never understand why anyone moans about the NHS, a great bunch of people from all over the world who certainly look after us all rather well. I am grateful and have to wonder how I get such seemingly special attention.

My happy easter was mostly spent reading and eating in the back garden in the glorious sunshine. Got a book about Bob Ballard discovering the wreck of the Bismarck, very interesting when recounting the battle through eye witness accounts and submersible findings.

Compare the bravery shown back then with opposing battleships facing off over miles of open sea, bombarding each other with huge gun batteries, to the cowards who opted to blow up people over easter and it would seem the world is far more dangerous a place.

Horrible evil cunts, blowing up unarmed non-combatants is a cowardly act.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby McAz » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:45 am

LordRaven wrote:
McHenry wrote:

Yes, although they did run me through, and gave me a list of, all the things that might perhaps go wrong. Tbf I cannot think that anything will be worse to what I was experiencing prior to the op, it was chronic and it also woke me up during the night when acute stabbing pains joined in.

I will never understand why anyone moans about the NHS, a great bunch of people from all over the world who certainly look after us all rather well. I am grateful and have to wonder how I get such seemingly special attention.

My happy easter was mostly spent reading and eating in the back garden in the glorious sunshine. Got a book about Bob Ballard discovering the wreck of the Bismarck, very interesting when recounting the battle through eye witness accounts and submersible findings.

Compare the bravery shown back then with opposing battleships facing off over miles of open sea, bombarding each other with huge gun batteries, to the cowards who opted to blow up people over easter and it would seem the world is far more dangerous a place.

Life was undoubtedly harder back then - but I've seen bravery and suffering in modern times too. By way of example, my young niece died of cancer 4 days ago. Among other things, she had a massive permanent open wound across her torso which had to be packed and dressed with some drug infused bandaging twice a day. She cried in agony for months before a very difficult death. Her mother is now mentally and emotionally deranged and prays for death to block out the pain.

Life has its good times - but few of us escape suffering.

Hope everything works out for you.
McAz

Postby LordRaven » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:54 am

McHenry wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McHenry wrote:

Life was undoubtedly harder back then - but I've seen bravery and suffering in modern times too. By way of example, my young niece died of cancer 4 days ago. Among other things, she had a massive permanent open wound across her torso which had to be packed and dressed with some drug infused bandaging twice a day. She cried in agony for months before a very difficult death. Her mother is now mentally and emotionally deranged and prays for death to block out the pain.

That sounds awful. And 4 years old too. I could recount such stories from my own family but it is difficult to talk about such matters involving children/babies.
It is heartbreaking and your family must be suffering. Words fail on such occasions. I can only hope those involved in your family come through this tragedy.
I guess we old farts are exceedingly lucky and we ought to be thankful we have made it thus far.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby McAz » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:55 am

LordRaven wrote:
McHenry wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McHenry wrote:

That sounds awful. And 4 years old too. I could recount such stories from my own family but it is difficult to talk about such matters involving children/babies.
It is heartbreaking and your family must be suffering. Words fail on such occasions. I can only hope those involved in your family come through this tragedy.
I guess we old farts are exceedingly lucky and we ought to be thankful we have made it thus far.

No, no - she was a young women in her prime. You're misreading again.

But thanks for you good wishes.
McAz

Postby LordRaven » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:09 pm

McHenry wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McHenry wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McHenry wrote:

No, no - she was a young women in her prime. You're misreading again.

But thanks for you good wishes.

Apologies, the pills have me confused and mixed up with my own family experiences perhaps? Now I see my error.
On such occasions time seems to be the only way to overcome such matters, but that never resolves - just lessens the pain.
And Best Wishes are really all one can add, as I said before words are just not enough when one considers the human aspect, the suffering and its impact on families.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Maddog » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:09 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Maddog wrote:Here is what Obama called the victims.

And Sri Lanka.

There seems to be a distinct difference MD, do you have any thoughts on the matter? And/or as to why the wording is carefully chosen so?

Certain bogeyman have more political value than others.

Words will be modified depending who the bad guy is, for political expediency and media clicks.

I made a Facebook post on this yesterday before the whole Easter Worshippers crap came up.

I'll go find it.

And by doing so you will show your ignorance.

Among Catholics attending Church is Worship doing so on a Sunday is Sunday Worship and doing so at Easter is Easter Worship, that Evangelicals - who hate Catholics above everything else on the long list of things they hate - got this wrong doesn't surprise me in the slightest but I thought you were a Lutheran.

I more agnosticy now. But I know inconsistency and a double standard when I see it. How about we all just agree that the Sri Lanka victims were Christians and the NZ victims were Muslims.

Deal?
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:40 am

Just came across my feed. I snorted a little.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1556077046029.jpg
FB_IMG_1556077046029.jpg (9.46 KiB) Viewed 190 times
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:18 am

Maddog wrote:Just came across my feed. I snorted a little.

Pope John 23rd described Catholics as the Easter People.

American Evangelicals have described all Popes as the Anti-Christ

Not one American Evangelical has offered words of comfort or condolence for the victims they've tried to make this all about themselves as usual.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:36 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:Just came across my feed. I snorted a little.

Pope John 23rd described Catholics as the Easter People.

American Evangelicals have described all Popes as the Anti-Christ

Not one American Evangelical has offered words of comfort or condolence for the victims they've tried to make this all about themselves as usual.

Well, over here we just call them Christians.

Unless you're a politician tweeting some nonsense.
Maddog

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs