LAST NIGHT'S TORY LEADERSHIP DEBATE

LAST NIGHT'S TORY LEADERSHIP DEBATE

Postby Cannydc » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:17 pm

A complete shambles, with the bookies favourite bumbling through in usual fashion, ignoring the questions, pushing an impossible Brexit 'solution', and along with the other four candidates talking over each other so many answers were inaudible. Shrunken head man took his tie off. Pob has a 'plan' for everything (as per Baldrick), Saj has Muslim relatives and Mr Misspelt Surname worked in business. Whoopee.

Verdict - whoever gets to hold the poisoned chalice is welcome to it, but none of the 5 are worthy of high office.

(ps - before the comments start, this has NOTHING to do with Corbyn, that's another thread in the making)
Cannydc

Re: LAST NIGHT'S TORY LEADERSHIP DEBATE

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:32 pm

Slim pickings, I didn’t watch it but caught some of the commentary today.
The misspelt one seems to be sliding his way up there. Are his eyeballs a bit too close together or am I imagining it?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Cannydc » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:12 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Slim pickings, I didn’t watch it but caught some of the commentary today.
The misspelt one seems to be sliding his way up there. Are his eyeballs a bit too close together or am I imagining it?

"Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under. I have not been taking your underwear home, putting it on in my bedroom and then parading up and down in front of the mirror going (running his hands over his body) 'Oh, oh, oh, oh'. Three, two, one... You're back in the room." :pukeup: :pukeup:

Cannydc

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:13 pm

:pmsl:

And he can only look forward, has to move the whole head to look sideways.
Maybe he’s just really nervous and not as shifty as he seems.
Lady Murasaki

Postby McAz » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:14 pm

I want Rory to win - let Cumbria rule for a while. :laughing:
McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:16 pm

I want us the country to win but no chance of that happening.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby McAz » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:20 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I want us the country to win but no chance of that happening.

Then there will be a new country - England standing isolated and alone against the world - hopefully with a hard border just 3 miles from me. :laughing:
McAz

Postby Fletch » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:35 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote::pmsl:

And he can only look forward, has to move the whole head to look sideways.
Maybe he’s just really nervous and not as shifty as he seems.

Hiding behind a tree at the Murdoch's party so the press wouldn't see him is not shifty? :ooer:

YouTube clips the Tories wish didn't exist

"Leveson Inquiry: 'I did not hide behind a tree', says Jeremy Hunt"– literally a video of a cabinet minister denying hiding behind a tree.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/sh ... e-blunders

Leveson Inquiry: 'I did not hide behind a tree' says Jeremy Hunt

The Culture Secretary denies hiding behind a tree to avoid journalists at a party hosted by James Murdoch in New York.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews ... -Hunt.html
Fletch

Postby Fletch » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:36 pm

McAz wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:I want us the country to win but no chance of that happening.

Then there will be a new country - England standing isolated and alone against the world - hopefully with a hard border just 3 miles from me. :laughing:

What currency will Scotland use?
Fletch

Postby McAz » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:48 pm

Fletch wrote:
McAz wrote:

The McEuro.
McAz

Postby Cannydc » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:52 pm

McAz wrote:I want Rory to win - let Cumbria rule for a while. :laughing:

That put the kiss of death on him, then...

He should know better than to take his tie off, on air. Tory members won't have liked that, and will have E-mailed their MPs in disgust.
Cannydc

Postby Fletch » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:05 pm

McAz wrote:
Fletch wrote:
McAz wrote:

The McEuro.

They would need to be accepted as members first then qualify second. Greece, Spain, Italy amongst others might advise them on the risks of that.
Fletch

Postby McAz » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:09 pm

Fletch wrote:
McAz wrote:
Fletch wrote:
McAz wrote:

The McEuro.

They would need to be accepted as members first then qualify second. Greece, Spain, Italy amongst others might advise them on the risks of that.

They will be accepted as a members - and until the McEuro is established they can use the McPoond. But whatever, in such an event the good news is that the UK is no more.
McAz

Postby McAz » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:19 pm

Cannydc wrote:
McAz wrote:I want Rory to win - let Cumbria rule for a while. :laughing:

That put the kiss of death on him, then...

He should know better than to take his tie off, on air. Tory members won't have liked that, and will have E-mailed their MPs in disgust.

I caught the end, he looked like a dog's dinner - even we emailed central office. :laughing:
McAz

Postby Cannydc » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:21 pm

A few reactions on Twitter...

"So, one candidate who understands the Irish border. One who doesn’t. One who thinks they can buy it. One who can name places close to it. And one who gives zero fucks about any of it. And your next Prime Minister is...? Yup. God help us all. "

(Patrick Kielty)

New Boy Band - 'No Direction'

(Esme)

Big winners from tonight:
1. Theresa May
2. Jeremy Corbyn
3. People doing something else.

(Stig Abell)

"Kudos to Jeremy Hunt for remembering where his own wife is from, even under pressure."

(Hugo Rifkind)

"And that brings us to the end of the debate. So which was your favourite hard Brexiter with a voting record that would make anyone but the richest straight white pensioners shit themselves with fear? Before you answer I'd like to remind you not to as you don't get a fucking say."

(James Felton)
Cannydc

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs