The Russian Backed/Paid For/Supporting Links Thread

Re: The Russian Backed/Paid For/Supporting Links Thread

Postby LordRaven » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:19 am

art0hur0moh wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Cannydc wrote:"But still many believe the western msm is honest and truthful..."

No-one I know believes that our likes of Sun, Heil, Princess and even the BBC etc are particularly honest and truthful.

However, most seem to prefer their versions of stories to those given the once over by the Russian Foreign Intelligence service prior to being released to InformationClearingHouse, Southfront et al.

What a shame that you are so myopic as to not see the utterly one sided picture you present on here.


Then why do you spend all your time on here shouting CT, fake news or Russian disinformation?

It's the msm you rely on when doing that yet here you are stating you don't believe their lies.

:scratch:


Is Russia Today MSM in Russia?


no it isn't, it is an independent subsidiary providing licence to small independant channels to air on their platform. watching the hawks, keiser report, going underground, and funds many documentaries in part or full. can't remember the the russian channel that provides russia today licence to broadcast on their platform. regardless what documentary, channel or broadcast you watch there is always an objective.

I trust russia today for it's investigative reporting. puts the bbc to shame. they used to be quite thorough in their investigation till the black propaganda started during the falklands war. the dynamic of western investigative reporting was strictly limited due to the influence battlefield reports had on public opinion during the vietnam war.

I am guessing 1930's Britons should have tuned in and believed Radio Berlin rather than the BBC in your world art.
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 33884
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: The Russian Backed/Paid For/Supporting Links Thread

Postby Fletch » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:01 pm

Why are you obsessed with Russia, raven?
User avatar
Fletch
 
Posts: 14588
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Re: The Russian Backed/Paid For/Supporting Links Thread

Postby LordRaven » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:26 pm

Fletch wrote:Why are you obsessed with Russia, raven?


:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

How ironic Felch :pmsl:
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 33884
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: The Russian Backed/Paid For/Supporting Links Thread

Postby Stooo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:52 pm

Fletch wrote:I answered it forst time and enlarged it second time so for third time

and no, I don't believe it is.

So now answer why you are so obsessed with Russia? :dunno:


I'm not the one linking to obviously state sponsored sites m8, just sayin'... :whistle:
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 92089
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Bollocks To Brexit

Re: The Russian Backed/Paid For/Supporting Links Thread

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:11 am

Fletch wrote:Why are you obsessed with Russia, raven?

can't think for HimSelf!

they still refuse to say what the jewish population was in the census of the 1930s!
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 5584
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:15 am

Re: The Russian Backed/Paid For/Supporting Links Thread

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:16 am

Cannydc wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Cannydc wrote:"But still many believe the western msm is honest and truthful..."

No-one I know believes that our likes of Sun, Heil, Princess and even the BBC etc are particularly honest and truthful.

However, most seem to prefer their versions of stories to those given the once over by the Russian Foreign Intelligence service prior to being released to InformationClearingHouse, Southfront et al.

What a shame that you are so myopic as to not see the utterly one sided picture you present on here.


census 1930s!


Giving a completely random comment like that, with no context, is pointless Art. UK census is done in 1991, 2001, 2011 etc, so do you mean 1931? And why?


typical! can remember a simple question! reference previous post!
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 5584
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:15 am

Re: The Russian Backed/Paid For/Supporting Links Thread

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:40 am

the origin of reports from concentration camps where from russia. since the u.s. and britain didn't want to risk losing any troops. even though the german army was focused on defending berlin on the eastern front! russia defeated germany, and provided the reports zionist have used to perpetuate their war against the People and palestinians which started before judaism or even israel came into being. the phoenicians were not jews! it was only after former pm Loyd Georges declaration of being a zionist, parliament was officially forced to recognise the terrorist that consistently defied the Balfour (was it Balfour? starts with a B) agreement attacking british troops during the war as allies of the nazis.

which is, it believe russian propaganda or western? personally western propaganda is limited to fiscal gain as is clearly evident with the pro curator of finance in courts directing corporate agendas. modern russia is interested in development without being beholden to western *chogh*ankers. like how britain was till Chancellor Brown paid of the early 1940s debt with gold. two years later the bank of england was bankrupt after getting involved in the u.s. mortgage bubble begging the 5th largest bank in the World to subsidise borrowing back by the future product of u.k. citizenry!
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 5584
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:15 am

Re: The Russian Backed/Paid For/Supporting Links Thread

Postby Fletch » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:49 pm

Stooo wrote:
Fletch wrote:I answered it forst time and enlarged it second time so for third time

and no, I don't believe it is.

So now answer why you are so obsessed with Russia? :dunno:


I'm not the one linking to obviously state sponsored sites m8, just sayin'... :whistle:


"Obviously state sponsored?

Evidence for that is what?
User avatar
Fletch
 
Posts: 14588
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Re: The Russian Backed/Paid For/Supporting Links Thread

Postby Cannydc » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:39 pm

Fletch wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Fletch wrote:I answered it forst time and enlarged it second time so for third time

and no, I don't believe it is.

So now answer why you are so obsessed with Russia? :dunno:


I'm not the one linking to obviously state sponsored sites m8, just sayin'... :whistle:


"Obviously state sponsored?

Evidence for that is what?


Let's start with Sputnik...

Sputnik, formerly The Voice of Russia and RIA Novosti, is a news agency, news website platform and radio broadcast service established by the Russian government-owned news agency Rossiya Segodnya. The popularity of Sputnik on social media and its use of viral, clickbait headlines has led it to be described as "the BuzzFeed of Propaganda" by Foreign Policy magazine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sputnik_(news_agency)

How about RT ?

RT network, a global multilingual television news network based in Moscow, Russia, funded by the Russian government.
Shortly after the Beslan school hostage crisis in September 2004, Putin enhanced a Kremlin-sponsored program aimed at "improving Russia's image" abroad. One of the major projects of the program was the creation in 2005 of Russia Today (now known as RT) an English language TV news channel providing 24-hour news coverage. Towards its start-up budget, $30 million of public funds were allocated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)

Then there's Southfront…

The site attempts to hide the fact that it is registered and managed in Russia, however the site is professionally designed and registered in Moscow, at the Domain Name Registrar Reg.ru. Let's not pretend that the Russian state doesn't have it's fingers in that pie, to deny it would be risible.

https://euvsdisinfo.eu/south-front-russ ... g-russian/

And Globalresearch ? Note - this is an opinion piece but an opinion shared by many.

" Russia is most likely subsidizing propaganda pieces worldwide and in the case of GlobalResearch, more than likely, funds the entire innocent sounding organization called GlobalResearch. GlobalResearch articles are almost laughable to those who are informed by a wide variety of news sources; the obvious bias of their articles is almost nauseating."

https://toinformistoinfluence.com/2014/ ... lresearch/


Russian proxy sites are often not set up to be associated with Russia directly. These sites are often used for Russian Active Measures, where articles are published on these sites and referred to by both Russian news sites and other Russian proxy sites. This enables built-in sources, corroboration and reinforcement not necessarily associated with the Russian government. This gives the appearance of authenticity, where as a matter of fact, this is disingenuous or actually inauthentic.

Informationclearinghouse.info (Yes, them)

OffGuardian

SouthFront

And many more.....


Finally, there are Conspiracy Theory Sites.

These sites often carry stories derived or flowing directly from Russian sites like Sputnik and RT. Quite often the stories are derived from GlobalResearch.ca.

Infowars.com The infamous Alex Jones site allegedly funded by RT but is/was closely aligned with Russian propaganda/hoax stories.

Zerohedge - and many more.

I think that covers most of your 'sources', Fletch. Anyone else reading this can judge for themselves how close to the Russian state they are.

https://toinformistoinfluence.com/2015/ ... ews-sites/
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 14889
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: The Russian Backed/Paid For/Supporting Links Thread

Postby McAz » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:03 pm

Cannydc wrote:Sputnik, formerly The Voice of Russia and RIA Novosti, is a news agency, news website platform and radio broadcast service established by the Russian government-owned news agency Rossiya Segodnya. The popularity of Sputnik on social media and its use of viral, clickbait headlines has led it to be described as "the BuzzFeed of Propaganda" by Foreign Policy magazine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sputnik_(news_agency)


As a former SWLer and QSL collector (yes, I know :roll:), a word about VoR, or rather Radio Moscow as it was previously known.

I frequently listened to BBC WS, Voice of America and Radio Moscow during the Cold War. Regarding international events, of the three VoA was by far the most bollox, with RM next, followed by BBC WS. If my experience is anything to go by the impression that seems to be growing up round here that Russian media is de facto fake news, or that the West's BS is somehow sweeter to the nose is a false one.
Last edited by McAz on Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 39642
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: The Russian Backed/Paid For/Supporting Links Thread

Postby Fletch » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:09 pm

EU vs Disinformation campaign

This website is part of a campaign to better forecast, address and respond to pro-Kremlin disinformation. The ‘EU versus Disinformation’ campaign is run by the European External Action Service East Stratcom Task Force. The team was set up after the EU Heads of State and Government stressed the need to challenge Russia’s ongoing disinformation campaigns in March 2015. Read more about the team here.

https://euvsdisinfo.eu/about/

Global Research, an “independent research and media organization based in Montreal”, is unashamedly pro-Russian and, more than likely, a bought and paid tool of Russian propaganda.

https://toinformistoinfluence.com/about/

The Author

Mr. Joel Harding is an adviser and consultant for information operations, strategic communication and cyberwarfare. Joel spent the past 35 years working national security issues, beginning with a career as an enlisted soldier on a Special Forces Operational Detachment – Alpha, followed by a career as a military intelligence officer, and since the mid-1990s he has worked and supported information operations at all levels. He has worked in the department of defense, in the corporate world and as a subject matter expert at a not-for-profit professional trade association, the AOC

https://toinformistoinfluence.com/about/

No bias there then.

That's evidence canny? :thud:

Where's the evidence of "state sponsored"?

ps. I rarely link to RT but it is a good site and hardly ever Sputnik, which is also a good site.

Your shoot the messenger routine is getting old and boring canny. Because you can never argue against the information in the articles, you just go mad with the shoot the messenger. And use NATO and establishment blogs to try and do it! :pointlaugh:

Why are you so obsessed with Russia canny? :dunno:
User avatar
Fletch
 
Posts: 14588
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Re: The Russian Backed/Paid For/Supporting Links Thread

Postby Fletch » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:13 pm

McAz wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Sputnik, formerly The Voice of Russia and RIA Novosti, is a news agency, news website platform and radio broadcast service established by the Russian government-owned news agency Rossiya Segodnya. The popularity of Sputnik on social media and its use of viral, clickbait headlines has led it to be described as "the BuzzFeed of Propaganda" by Foreign Policy magazine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sputnik_(news_agency)


As a former SWLer and QSL collector (yes, I know :roll:), a word about VoR, or rather Radio Moscow as it was previously known.

I frequently listened to BBC SW, Voice of America and Radio Moscow during the Cold War. Regarding international events, of the three VoA was by far the most bollox, with RM next, followed by BBC WS. If my experience is anything to go by the impression that seems to be growing up round here that Russian media is de facto fake news, or that the West's BS is somehow sweeter to the nose is a false one.


I agree McAz and it's dominating the news threads. canny and raven are just trolling with this as they have nothing of value to add to discussion and are unable to refute the articles posted.

I see jra got a thread in the arms for trolling posts in news, it's about time the same was done with canny and raven's posts.
User avatar
Fletch
 
Posts: 14588
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Re: The Russian Backed/Paid For/Supporting Links Thread

Postby McAz » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:17 pm

Fletch wrote:
McAz wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Sputnik, formerly The Voice of Russia and RIA Novosti, is a news agency, news website platform and radio broadcast service established by the Russian government-owned news agency Rossiya Segodnya. The popularity of Sputnik on social media and its use of viral, clickbait headlines has led it to be described as "the BuzzFeed of Propaganda" by Foreign Policy magazine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sputnik_(news_agency)


As a former SWLer and QSL collector (yes, I know :roll:), a word about VoR, or rather Radio Moscow as it was previously known.

I frequently listened to BBC SW, Voice of America and Radio Moscow during the Cold War. Regarding international events, of the three VoA was by far the most bollox, with RM next, followed by BBC WS. If my experience is anything to go by the impression that seems to be growing up round here that Russian media is de facto fake news, or that the West's BS is somehow sweeter to the nose is a false one.


I agree McAz and it's dominating the news threads. canny and raven are just trolling with this as they have nothing of value to add to discussion and are unable to refute the articles posted.

I see jra got a thread in the arms for trolling posts in news, it's about time the same was done with canny and raven's posts.

I think it's time it stopped too. The world and his zhena already knew that there is no media organisation without bias - it doesn't need spamming every 10 minutes.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 39642
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: The Russian Backed/Paid For/Supporting Links Thread

Postby Cannydc » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:23 pm

And the question remains, Fletch - the statements made in my previous post, true or false ?

For example, Sputnik, formerly The Voice of Russia and RIA Novosti, is a news agency, news website platform and radio broadcast service established by the Russian government-owned news agency Rossiya Segodnya.

Or RT network, a global multilingual television news network based in Moscow, Russia, is funded by the Russian government.

True or false, Fletch? I say that true is the indisputable answer.

YOU asked for evidence, I provided it. If you don't like the evidence, disprove it rather than spamming diversions from your original request,
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 14889
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: The Russian Backed/Paid For/Supporting Links Thread

Postby Fletch » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:29 pm

Cannydc wrote:And the question remains, Fletch - the statements made in my previous post, true or false ?

For example, Sputnik, formerly The Voice of Russia and RIA Novosti, is a news agency, news website platform and radio broadcast service established by the Russian government-owned news agency Rossiya Segodnya.

Or RT network, a global multilingual television news network based in Moscow, Russia, is funded by the Russian government.

True or false, Fletch? I say that true is the indisputable answer.

YOU asked for evidence, I provided it. If you don't like the evidence, disprove it rather than spamming diversions from your original request,


Did you miss my comment about RT and Sputnik? :dunno:

I rarely post and link from them but when I do, is it any worse than the BBC?

Why are you so obsessed with Russia? :scratch:
User avatar
Fletch
 
Posts: 14588
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:35 pm

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests