Google being held to account finally

Google being held to account finally

Postby calitom » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:49 pm

Google.com/2019-07- ... terference

google does lots of good things. but they shouldnt control usa elections.
i dont understand why they manipulate like this. they dont need to.
calitom

Re: Google being held to account finally

Postby Fletch » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:17 pm

404 on your link Tom.

Presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard sues Google for ad censorship

Lawsuit tells an "uncompelling conspiracy story," one legal expert tells Ars.

Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard sued Google on Thursday. She argued that the search giant illegally blocked her from buying ads on Google's platform for several hours on June 28—two days after she appeared in the first Democratic primary debate.

"Google plays favorites, with no warning, no transparency, and no accountability," Gabbard wrote in her lawsuit. "Google's arbitrary and capricious treatment of Gabbard's campaign should raise concerns for policymakers everywhere about the company's ability to use its dominance to impact political discourse."

Google says the brief suspension was triggered by the company's automated anti-fraud algorithms.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/201 ... ensorship/

Doesn't matter really Tom when you have Israel interfering in your elections in a big way. In fact, maybe Google was doing it on their behalf?

phpBB [video]

Now the fake Russia collusion has been blown wide open, and while the world waits for the real investigation to complete, maybe another special counsel could be set up to look at foreign interference from Israel? They are foreign, aren't they?
Fletch

Postby Cannydc » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:23 pm

"Google plays favorites, with no warning, no transparency, and no accountability"

Made me giggle.

See... Daily Mail, Daily Express, Daily Torygraph, and have you seen the Sun's front page today?
Cannydc

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:06 am

calitom wrote:Google.com/2019-07-25/anti-war-democratic-candidate-tulsi-gabbard-sues-google-campaign-interference

google does lots of good things. but they shouldnt control usa elections.
i dont understand why they manipulate like this. they dont need to.

why are other independent candidates not given equal air time? I was reading about early copyright laws yesterday, I bet it has something to do with that!?
art0hur0moh

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs