Bravo Boris!

Re: Bravo Boris!

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:04 pm

Cannydc wrote:Must admit, I thought he looked pale, wan, pallid.

I actually mentioned it to Mrs Canny, quoting the Nixon v Kennedy debate where Nixon wore no makeup and looked similarly ill.

No sleep tonight or tomorrow night, worrying about who is going to defy his instructions and who he is going to have to sack.

Worse, who is he going to replace them with ?

yeah, it looked like he'd finally realised just how serious things are. It's not a game of Fives anymore, with lashings of ice-cream and ginger afterwards. Instead, it's the future, probably the very existence of the UK at stake.
I still can't make up my mind just what Bozo's true views on Brexit are. Does he actually believe in the position he's taken, or has it been an act to see himself elected as PM? Whichever it is, he's nailed his colours to the mast now. If he changes tack now, the hardcore Brexiteers will eat him alive; if he doesn't, and carries on full steam ahead onto the rocks, he'll go down with the ship and take the crew and passengers with him.
I do think there's a high chance of "health issues" suddenly causing him to resign - in his mind he can claim he did his utmost to succeed, and so preserve his reputation for posterity. Of course, anyone with half a brain can see that for the pile of shite that it is. :pointlaugh:

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:15 am

Brexit has only ever been a proxy fight between those who believe in the rule of law and those who believe in the 'Strong Man' as leader and everyone else as devoted followers. Theresa May negotiated the best exit deal possible and, whereas they agree it was not a good deal, they cannot see anything other than a failure of leadership rather than a hopeless cause.

Their ideas, reducing tariffs on critical imported goods to zero and expecting trading partners to reciprocate, have already been proven utter nonsense. Canada, that well known country of hard bargaining and sharp negotiations - yes you do detect a note of sarcasm there, have said they will take advantage of zero tariffs while they last and will reciprocate because reducing tariffs to zero for Britain would, under WTO rules, mean reducing tariffs to zero for everyone and they won't do that. And that's Canada!! A country known for being accommodating and inclined toward amiability - WTF do they think the USA and China are going to do.

They don't know. They believe that their 'Strong man' will give them the answers and like the country that handed itself over to a 'Strong man' in 1933 they will not be convinced otherwise until country lies in rubble around them
Cactus Jack

Postby Cannydc » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:13 pm

Liar, liar, pants on fire !!

"Boris Johnson secretly agreed to suspend parliament in mid-August, explosive court documents reveal – two weeks before denying the plan existed.

An email was sent to the prime minister and Dominic Cummings, his chief aide, entitled “Ending The Session”, which says “we should prorogue” from 9 September.

It was revealed in Edinburgh's Court of Session, which is hearing a legal challenge to stop parliament being shut down for five weeks, preventing MPs making any further moves on the Brexit crisis.

Three days before the shock prorogation plan was announced last week, Downing Street strongly denied any such intention to send MPs home.

But the documents disclosed to the court include a hand-written note from Mr Johnson, dated 16 August, arguing “the whole September sessions is a rigmarole”, dismissing its importance."

Never, ever trust a Tory. Or a person not even a member of the Tory party (Cummings) who is running the country.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 89911.html
Cannydc

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:56 pm

BJ has just lost his majority.

Dr Phillip Lee has defected to the Lib Dems literally crossing the floor whilst Boris was at the Despatch Box.

HIGH DRAMA. Going to be fireworks tonight at 10ish...
Avon Barksdale

Postby Cannydc » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:42 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:BJ has just lost his majority.

Dr Phillip Lee has defected to the Lib Dems literally crossing the floor whilst Boris was at the Despatch Box.

Amazing display by Corbyn too, who was heard in respectful (and fearful) silence as he tore Bojo a new one over every aspect of his waffling, detail-omitting statement.

The best I have seen Corbyn by a long way, and highly encouraging for any future election campaign.

Bojo has refused to give details of any evidence of progress in EU talks - he will lose badly tonight. And he was forced to agree that he will abide by any law passed tonight.

As he has stated that he will not under any circumstances ask for an extension of A50 from the EU, and as Labour will not support his desperate attempt to call an election which he may well schedule AFTER 31st October, only one thing will stop his inevitable resignation.

And that is a legal framework that denies him the opportunity to alter the proposed date of the general election. If he schedules it for mid-October and he can't alter that date, Labour will be forced to accept it.
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:44 pm

Cannydc wrote:

Amazing display by Corbyn too, who was heard in respectful (and fearful) silence as he tore Bojo a new one over every aspect of his waffling, detail-omitting statement.

The best I have seen Corbyn by a long way, and highly encouraging for any future election campaign.

Bojo has refused to give details of any evidence of progress in EU talks - he will lose badly tonight. And he was forced to agree that he will abide by any law passed tonight.

As he has stated that he will not under any circumstances ask for an extension of A50 from the EU, and as Labour will not support his desperate attempt to call an election which he may well schedule AFTER 31st October, only one thing will stop his inevitable resignation.

And that is a legal framework that denies him the opportunity to alter the proposed date of the general election. If he schedules it for mid-October and he can't alter that date, Labour will be forced to accept it.

The histrionic language he was using was curling my toes and making me scan the skies for Spitfires :roll: he's even worse than May FFS

Fair fucks to Dr Lee and fuck off tory majority :pmsl:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:43 pm

Stooo wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

The histrionic language he was using was curling my toes and making me scan the skies for Spitfires :roll: he's even worse than May FFS

Fair fucks to Dr Lee and fuck off tory majority :pmsl:

Well, as Johnson's great-grandfather was Turkish, and President Erdoğan is his new bestie, he's probably thinking of one of these Spitfires. :whistle:

https://forum.keypublishing.com/forum/h ... fire-mk-1s

http://silverhawkauthor.com/warplanes-o ... y_622.html

Postby McAz » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:58 pm

EU considers designating no-deal Brexit as 'disaster comparable to earthquake' for emergency aid purposes

Brussels is considering designating a no-deal Brexit as a disaster comparable to an earthquake or heavy flooding for the purposes of allocating emergency aid.

The proposal would see cash from the bloc's Solidarity Fund handed to heavily-hit countries like Ireland to deal with the fallout of UK policy.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/brexit-no-deal-eu-disaster-aid-emergency-solidarity-fund-earthquake-a9090226.html

Friends abroad - enemies at home. Bravo Boris!
McAz

Postby Cannydc » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:15 pm

McAz wrote:EU considers designating no-deal Brexit as 'disaster comparable to earthquake' for emergency aid purposes

Brussels is considering designating a no-deal Brexit as a disaster comparable to an earthquake or heavy flooding for the purposes of allocating emergency aid.

The proposal would see cash from the bloc's Solidarity Fund handed to heavily-hit countries like Ireland to deal with the fallout of UK policy.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/brexit-no-deal-eu-disaster-aid-emergency-solidarity-fund-earthquake-a9090226.html

Friends abroad - enemies at home. Bravo Boris!

The good news is that with our new found love of the Commonwealth we can all look forward to food parcels from Bangladesh, Belize and Brunei.
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:24 pm

And now it's rambling, flustered, dare I say not all there mentally Boris.

Toe curling politicising of the police today, and possibly the signs of a rapid disintegration of him and his party.

"Asked whether he would promise to never seek a Brexit delay from the EU, he said: “Yes, I can. I’d rather be dead in a ditch.”

But when asked whether he would resign if compelled to do so via a backbench bill expected to become law on Monday, he declined to answer.

“Look, I, just don’t, I really … It costs a billion pounds a month, it achieves absolutely nothing. What on Earth is the point of further delay? I think it’s totally, totally pointless.”

Good grief. Who elected this fool as PM ? Oh...wait...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -extension
Cannydc

Postby Cobs » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:47 pm

:mrgreen:
Cobs

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:03 pm

Cannydc wrote:And now it's rambling, flustered, dare I say not all there mentally Boris.

Toe curling politicising of the police today, and possibly the signs of a rapid disintegration of him and his party.

"Asked whether he would promise to never seek a Brexit delay from the EU, he said: “Yes, I can. I’d rather be dead in a ditch.”

But when asked whether he would resign if compelled to do so via a backbench bill expected to become law on Monday, he declined to answer.

“Look, I, just don’t, I really … It costs a billion pounds a month, it achieves absolutely nothing. What on Earth is the point of further delay? I think it’s totally, totally pointless.”

Good grief. Who elected this fool as PM ? Oh...wait...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -extension

This goes to what I said before - Boarish has been completely outmanoeuvred by Jeremy Corbyn, and before you get on your high horses let's not forget there will be 27 states with at least 27 negotiators trying to outmanoeuvre him among the EU, then all the people with whom he wishes to make trade deals will - because that is their job - also be trying to outmanoeuvre him and, you would have us believe, Jeremy Corbyn is nothing more than a popinjay, a clown, a rube.

Boarish's self imposed trap is constructed thus

He looks like a authoritarian, a dictator and a hypocrite for immediately carrying out a Stalinist purge against the people in the Tory Party who voted against him when he voted against a Deal under which Britain would already have left the EU three times
He cannot ask the EU for a Brexit extension - he would sooner be 'dead in a ditch'
He cannot break the law - He has stated he would never do that.
He cannot call a General Election because Labour won't agree to that until he asks for a Brexit Extension
He cannot resign as Prime Minister to avoid asking for a Brexit Extension because his replacement could simply revoke Article 50 as a means of securing a Second Referendum.

He's has completely trapped himself by looking only at the short term, the immediate and his own advantage.

By contrast Jeremy Corbyn

Has stood by his promise NOT to call for a General Election until a No Deal Brexit is prevented.
Has agreed another person could become caretaker Prime Minister should Boarish resign (preferably one of the Remainers that Boarish sacked and ideally Winston Churchill's Grandson)
Has created a situation where Boarish has split his own party, made himself look weak, hypocritical and stupid.

The longer Jeremy Corbyn waits for an election the better for him - the longer Boarish waits the worse for him

Boarish has pulled off the trick his old School Chum from Eton mastered, perhaps he has even exceeded his Bullingdon Club buddy's record in this domain - he has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:12 pm

Irish backstop problem solved!

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:59 pm

Guest wrote:Irish backstop problem solved!

This is actually the only suggestion to replace the backstop that I've seen. What a time to be alive...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby MungoBrush » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:16 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:Irish backstop problem solved!

This is actually the only suggestion to replace the backstop that I've seen. What a time to be alive...

This is actually bollox. It's back to front.
The UK has repeatedly said that there will not be any need for border checks on the UK side
It's actually the EU that insisting on a hard border
It's the EU threatening the Good Friday agreement.

The open border between Ireland and Northern Ireland was established in 1923.
Long before the EU was even thought of.
It's the EU buggering it all up. Not the UK
MungoBrush

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs