Bravo Boris!

Re: Bravo Boris!

Postby LordRaven » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:12 pm

Stooo wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Remember when you last ruled the country ?

Possibly not, it was 1915.

Unless you count the pretend stuff with Dave.

I remember how horrified you were when Corbyn got elected, I'm not going to do links because I can't be buggered and guests will do it for my lazy arse.

Mate... :shake head:

You don't need to - I freely admitted it then and now. I believed then that it would make Labour unelectable because the center ground would desert them. To an extent I was wrong, but there are too many targets on Corbyn's back, too many open goals for the Tory propaganda machine to exploit.

Personally, I would have Blair back in charge in a heartbeat. If you don't fuck up somewhere in 10 years as PM, you are performing miracles. Blair's was Iraq, but even with that he won elections, keeping the Tories out of power for over a decade.

He has made Labour unelectable, there is no argument about it and I'm not going to bore you and everyone else as to how.

With the recent polling for a postal strike the ballots are handled by ER rather than a local count, it's totally neutral and the corruption within local parties has created the problems that we have now.

As the other major party you should not be polling less than us, we're ready for government but not for a weak Labour party.

Fuck the tories and fuck anything with Corbyn at the helm.
I will certainly be voting LibDems for the foreseeable future
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:09 am

Stooo wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Some of us have hated the Tories every day of our politically conscious lives - and still do.

The idea that Labour will ever consider ditching their democratically (twice) elected leader to satisfy the whim of a minor party is laughable. And you know it.

If you cannot comprehend that it is your intransigence that will lead to another Tory / DUP government, you will get it for sure when it happens.

A few percentage points up in the polls, and you are king of the hill - in your minds only. In reality, you have one chance. Please don't blow it.

Put Starmer in and brexit and Johnson would be gone within a couple of months. Corbyn was voted in by the three quid a pop kippers and re-voted back in by them, they tactically voted for the most hopeless and disruptive (how many times did he vote against Labour proposals?) MP possible to make them toxic enough to stop people voting for them and the polls reflect that. Hard core Corbynistas are no different in outlook than BxP Ltd supporters are. ditch the twat.

The SNP, Plaid and the Greens support Corbyn over this issue.

It's just closet Tories like Change UK and the LibDems that are against it.

Tiny little insignificant parties.

Postby Cannydc » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:24 am

The salient point here is that Corbyn IS at the helm, and backed by an overwhelming majority of party members.

Labour are overwhelmingly the second largest party, the idea that another party with less than 10% of Labour's MPs can dictate Labour policy is insane.

If you really want the Tories out you are going to have to concede on this. However, I am beginning to think that the Libdems are happier as a niche opposition party sniping from the sidelines and comfortable that in their minds at least they are always right. A Tory government really doesn't bother them that much.
Cannydc

Postby MungoBrush » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:47 am

Cannydc wrote:The salient point here is that Corbyn IS at the helm, and backed by an overwhelming majority of party members.

Labour are overwhelmingly the second largest party, the idea that another party with less than 10% of Labour's MPs can dictate Labour policy is insane.

If you really want the Tories out you are going to have to concede on this. However, I am beginning to think that the Libdems are happier as a niche opposition party sniping from the sidelines and comfortable that in their minds at least they are always right. A Tory government really doesn't bother them that much.

Blair was asked what was worse - a no-deal Brexit, or Corbyn as PM
He struggled to answer.
MungoBrush

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:03 pm

Cannydc wrote:The salient point here is that Corbyn IS at the helm, and backed by an overwhelming majority of party members.

The LibDems now have more Tories than policies.

Postby Cannydc » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:03 pm

MungoBrush wrote:

He struggled to answer.

Wrong.

Watch the video again - his answer was clear, No Tory No-Deal Brexit.
Cannydc

Postby MungoBrush » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:26 pm

Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

He struggled to answer.

Wrong.

You must have missed the bit where he says he has grave reservations about the Corbyn leadership
MungoBrush

Postby Cannydc » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:04 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

He struggled to answer.

Wrong.

You must have missed the bit where he says he has grave reservations about the Corbyn leadership

Just to remind you - your post was quite clear.

"Blair was asked what was worse - a no-deal Brexit, or Corbyn as PM
He struggled to answer."

He didn't struggle to answer - his clear answer was A No-Deal Brexit.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:05 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

He struggled to answer.

Wrong.

Who cares what Blair did or didn't say anyway. :roll:

Postby MungoBrush » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:10 pm

Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

He struggled to answer.

Wrong.

Who cares what Blair did or didn't say anyway. :roll:

Maybe just the tens of millions who voted for the longest serving Labour Prime Minister ever.
MungoBrush

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:18 pm

MungoBrush wrote:Maybe just the tens of millions who voted for the longest serving Labour Prime Minister ever.

When did you become a fan of Tony Blair?
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:35 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Maybe just the tens of millions who voted for the longest serving Labour Prime Minister ever.

He's the past and not the future, bit like Treeza etc.. :laughing:

Postby MungoBrush » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:11 pm

Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

He's the past and not the future, bit like Treeza etc.. :laughing:

Corbyn's the past
Just ask any of the citizens of the former German Democratic Republic.
MungoBrush

Postby Stooo » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:12 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:Maybe just the tens of millions who voted for the longest serving Labour Prime Minister ever.

When did you become a fan of Tony Blair?

Opinions are changing CJ. Mungo's recent posts are leaning in another direction which is causing an existential crisis with McAz :yikes:

I'm off for a wander in London next weekend, fancy joining me?

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:19 pm

I'm not making this up :dunno:

Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs