Bravo Boris!

Re: Bravo Boris!

Postby wutang » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:52 am

Boris Johnson’s Irish border plan stalls after 'disastrous' EU talks

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... stop-talks

Going swimmingly I see.

Seems the EU is not impressed with Boris' negotiator

EU officials involved in the negotiations are understood to have lamented that Frost has been acting “like a spokesman” for the prime minister, saying that Theresa May’s envoy, Olly Robbins, had at least been able to talk around the problems encountered in the talks.

A negotiator who is unable to negotiate.... that sounds like a recipe for success :oops:
wutang

Postby Cannydc » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:18 am

wutang wrote:
Boris Johnson’s Irish border plan stalls after 'disastrous' EU talks

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... stop-talks

Going swimmingly I see.

Seems the EU is not impressed with Boris' negotiator

EU officials involved in the negotiations are understood to have lamented that Frost has been acting “like a spokesman” for the prime minister, saying that Theresa May’s envoy, Olly Robbins, had at least been able to talk around the problems encountered in the talks.

A negotiator who is unable to negotiate.... that sounds like a recipe for success :oops:

The main selling point for Bonkers Boris is that he is 'forceful' and 'will get things done'. Many would say dictatorial, and nothing I have read says different. Treeza set her red lines instead of starting negotiations with a clean sheet and open mind - and the EU tried to negotiate. Seems like this lot are dead set on following the same path by making demands and then blaming the EU when these are unfulfilled.

Miracles do happen, but it would be more than a miracle if a deal appears now.
Cannydc

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:27 am

I think he’s smarter than he wants to appear.
If we’re laughing at him then he looks less of a threat.
He’s shrewd, well compared to Trump anyway.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Cannydc » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:33 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:I think he’s smarter than he wants to appear.

That shrewdness was always suspected - his bumbling regarded as an act by many - but has yet to be proven.

The biggest mistake among many since he took over was hiring a drunken thug by the name of Dominic Cummings. Who doubtless has been behind most, if not all of the crazy actions he has given us recently. I suspect he will wake up screaming in the middle of the night with the memory of chucking the grandson of Winston Churchill out of the party.
Cannydc

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:39 am

Cannydc wrote:

That shrewdness was always suspected - his bumbling regarded as an act by many - but has yet to be proven.

The biggest mistake among many since he took over was hiring a drunken thug by the name of Dominic Cummings. Who doubtless has been behind most, if not all of the crazy actions he has given us recently. I suspect he will wake up screaming in the middle of the night with the memory of chucking the grandson of Winston Churchill out of the party.

BJ is good at using people, choosing an adviser that the public know (because a programme was made about it) was a key strategic figure for getting Brexit votes, is clever. BJ won’t shoulder all the blame for decisions made.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Cannydc » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:01 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

BJ is good at using people, choosing an adviser that the public know (because a programme was made about it) was a key strategic figure for getting Brexit votes, is clever. BJ won’t shoulder all the blame for decisions made.

An interesting interpretation of 'The buck stops here'. For 'here', read 'somewhere else'.
Cannydc

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:10 am

Exactly. When do they ever take responsibility?
Slimey toads.
Having said that, I was impressed with the rebels.
Lady Murasaki

Postby wutang » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:39 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

He and the brexit crowd altogether wont shoulder any of the blame for the mess they have got everyone into. The excuses are already in for when things go tits up - like it was predicted to before the referendum - its all the fault of 'traitorous remainers', 'spineless politicians', 'globalist elites' and of course the 'evil EU trying to destroy the UK'.

Funny how people obsessed with taking back control and having responsibility dont want to be held accountable for either.
wutang

Postby wutang » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:46 am

Cannydc wrote:
The main selling point for Bonkers Boris is that he is 'forceful' and 'will get things done'. Many would say dictatorial, and nothing I have read says different. Treeza set her red lines instead of starting negotiations with a clean sheet and open mind - and the EU tried to negotiate. Seems like this lot are dead set on following the same path by making demands and then blaming the EU when these are unfulfilled.

Miracles do happen, but it would be more than a miracle if a deal appears now.

Its the influence of Trump. The same is happening there; his hardline my way or the highway approach has been a disaster, the trade war is harming America as well as the global economy as a whole but he just keeps doubling down and blaming everyone else for its effects.

Politics of self-destruction in effect
wutang

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:01 am

wutang wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

He and the brexit crowd altogether wont shoulder any of the blame for the mess they have got everyone into. The excuses are already in for when things go tits up - like it was predicted to before the referendum - its all the fault of 'traitorous remainers', 'spineless politicians', 'globalist elites' and of course the 'evil EU trying to destroy the UK'.

Funny how people obsessed with taking back control and having responsibility dont want to be held accountable for either.

It’s all that bumming in private school.
Addled their brains.

(Sorry, just channeling other posters!)
Lady Murasaki

Postby McAz » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:44 am

Boris Johnson hints he will break the law and force no-deal Brexit

Mr Johnson has hinted he will refuse to enact the upcoming new law putting the UK at risk of an even greater constitutional crisis. When asked if he would obey, the arch-Brexiteer said: ‘I will not. I don’t want a delay.’

He has said he is only bound ‘in theory’ by the law, which is expected to receive Royal Assent on Monday.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/07/boris-johnson-hints-will-break-law-force-no-deal-brexit-10701787/

Don't worry about the law folks, it's only theoretical. :laughing:
McAz

Postby MungoBrush » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:11 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:It’s all that bumming in private school.
Addled their brains.

(Sorry, just channeling other posters!)

In the UK between 5% and 10% of children have been sexually abused
You know at least one person who has been sexually abused as a child
Someone reading your post will have been sexually abused
It's a very serious issue. Best not to take the piss.
MungoBrush

Postby wutang » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:51 am

McAz wrote:Boris Johnson hints he will break the law and force no-deal Brexit

Mr Johnson has hinted he will refuse to enact the upcoming new law putting the UK at risk of an even greater constitutional crisis. When asked if he would obey, the arch-Brexiteer said: ‘I will not. I don’t want a delay.’

He has said he is only bound ‘in theory’ by the law, which is expected to receive Royal Assent on Monday.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/07/boris-johnson-hints-will-break-law-force-no-deal-brexit-10701787/

Don't worry about the law folks, it's only theoretical. :laughing:

Freeing ourselves from the perceived Tryanny of the EU with the actual Tyranny of a Tory Government
wutang

Postby McAz » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:29 pm

Boris Johnson 'could go to jail if he refuses to delay Brexit'

The former director of public prosecutions has told Sky News that Boris Johnson could go to prison if he refuses to delay Brexit in the face of court action.

A source close to them said it was a "necessity" because the prime minister had "in no uncertain terms" indicated he had "no intention of complying with the law".

(Sky News)

"Ohhh, Tommee, Tommee" :roll:
McAz

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:07 pm

McAz wrote:Boris Johnson 'could go to jail if he refuses to delay Brexit'

The former director of public prosecutions has told Sky News that Boris Johnson could go to prison if he refuses to delay Brexit in the face of court action.

A source close to them said it was a "necessity" because the prime minister had "in no uncertain terms" indicated he had "no intention of complying with the law".

(Sky News)

"Ohhh, Tommee, Tommee" :roll:

It has a maximum life sentence, anything more than twelve months disbars him from being an MP. Bogey eater has encouraged him to martyr himself, no doubt with his eye on the job again.
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs