PROJECT FEAR - OR PROJECT REALITY ?

PROJECT FEAR - OR PROJECT REALITY ?

Postby Cannydc » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:18 pm

Schools may have to close, exams could be disrupted and fresh food for pupils’ meals could run short because of panic buying with prices soaring by up to 20%, according to a secret Department for Education analysis of the risks of a no-deal Brexit obtained by the Observer.

The five-page document – marked “Official Sensitive” and with the instruction “Do Not Circulate” – also raises the possibility of teacher absences caused by travel disruption, citing schools in Kent as particularly at risk.

On the dangers of food shortages to schools, it suggests that informing the public of the risks could make matters even worse.

In a section entitled School Food, it talks of the “risk that communications in this area could spark undue alarm or panic food buying among the general public”.

And it adds: “Warehousing and stockpiling capacity will be more limited in the pre-Xmas period. The department has limited levers to address these risks. We are heavily dependent on the actions of major suppliers and other government departments to ensure continued provision.”

Other government documents obtained by Sky News last week warned of “consumer panic” and gaps in security within weeks of leaving the EU without a deal.

Remember, this is a GOVERNMENT analysis, a PRO-BREXIT government.

Must remember to top up the dry goods store, and freeze more veg...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... hool-chaos
Cannydc

Re: PROJECT FEAR - OR PROJECT REALITY ?

Postby Stooo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:40 pm

Where to start and what difference will it make?

I'm happy with playing with gammons but it's far more serious than that.

We're fiddling while Rome burns, unrest has started with the near riots in London today. This is the start.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:59 pm

Stooo wrote:Where to start and what difference will it make?

We're fiddling while Rome burns, unrest has started with the near riots in London today. This is the start.

The only advice I have is stock up, and avoid flashpoints.

Keep the car topped up and if like me you have elderly relatives, keep a close eye on them - it will be winter.
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:59 pm

Stooo wrote:Where to start and what difference will it make?

The only advice I have is stock up, and avoid flashpoints.

Keep the car topped up and if like me you have elderly relatives, keep a close eye on them - it will be winter.
Cannydc

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:21 am

:bored: how thick do You need to be? since when in the course of HUman history has there ever been a time it wasn't prudent to be prepared for a calamity. can You sow fields after the crisis? grow food and provide for Your families? We are kept in state of poverty without the ability to generate our own revenue for a reason. guess what that reason is?
art0hur0moh

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:20 am

I suppose they’re looking at worse case scenario.
Lady Murasaki

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:40 am

Whenever we see inner city riots we know for a fact that the public have had enough, and I fear that we will soon see mobs rioting in cities all over the country.

Taking back control? Utter bollocks! We are heading for choppy waters and it will not be pleasant.

I am still waiting for Leave to provide a wonderful list of all the benefits of Brexit.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:54 am

LordRaven wrote:Whenever we see inner city riots we know for a fact that the public have had enough, and I fear that we will soon see mobs rioting in cities all over the country.

Taking back control? Utter bollocks! We are heading for choppy waters and it will not be pleasant.

I am still waiting for Leave to provide a wonderful list of all the benefits of Brexit.

You’re being a bit Chicken Licken here. Riots over what? Having to vote too often?
Lady Murasaki

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:58 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Whenever we see inner city riots we know for a fact that the public have had enough, and I fear that we will soon see mobs rioting in cities all over the country.

You’re being a bit Chicken Licken here. Riots over what? Having to vote too often?

Living in London I can feel matters getting worse, and as and when and if Brexit causes civil unrest it will kick off.

I recall the last riots down here, it didn't take that much for the whole of London to join in.

They don't need much to set them off.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:02 am

LordRaven wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Living in London I can feel matters getting worse, and as and when and if Brexit causes civil unrest it will kick off.

I recall the last riots down here, it didn't take that much for the whole of London to join in.

They don't need much to set them off.

Hot weather sets some people off.

Wasn’t that a police shooting though? I wouldn’t call that ‘not much’.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Cannydc » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:12 am

art0hur0moh wrote::bored: how thick do You need to be? since when in the course of HUman history has there ever been a time it wasn't prudent to be prepared for a calamity. can You sow fields after the crisis? grow food and provide for Your families? We are kept in state of poverty without the ability to generate our own revenue for a reason. guess what that reason is?

And grow your own petrol ?

Generate enough power for towns and cities ?

And for the millions in flats, and without land ?

Sometimes you just don't think through the big picture, do you ?
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:35 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:

Anti-fash and anti-racism getting jumped by a load of Tommeh supporters regular folk who had just piled out of 'Spoons' yesterday in London was pretty hairy, one female PC took a right beating from the patriots.

It's started.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:44 am

Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Anti-fash and anti-racism getting jumped by a load of Tommeh supporters regular folk who had just piled out of 'Spoons' yesterday in London was pretty hairy, one female PC took a right beating from the patriots.

It's started.

Started? Did it ever go away?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:03 am

art0hur0moh wrote::bored: how thick do You need to be? since when in the course of HUman history has there ever been a time it wasn't prudent to be prepared for a calamity. can You sow fields after the crisis? grow food and provide for Your families? We are kept in state of poverty without the ability to generate our own revenue for a reason. guess what that reason is?

Britain currently produces less than 60% of the food it requires.

When the food lorries, around 5,000 a day coming into Dover, stop flowing freely and start to be checked even the shortest delays will accumulate quickly and food price inflation is inevitable. For some, like those already relying on food banks, that will be a disaster for others it will mean less to spend elsewhere which will have a knock on effect into the rest of the economy and unemployment will rise.
Cactus Jack

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:03 am

Cannydc wrote:

And grow your own petrol ?

Generate enough power for towns and cities ?

And for the millions in flats, and without land ?

Sometimes you just don't think through the big picture, do you ?

if You can't do it Your self, then stop condoning the bombing, sanctions and disintegration of society in other countries for it till You can!

big picture? :off head: a box in the corner of a box in the corner of a bigger box. Yeh sure, you think You can imagine a big picture. if You had done it already You wouldn't be concerned about not being prepared. You would have the ability to sustain Your own and Families needs before they have need. I don't even drive and would consider having a petrol drum or two in my garden or shed. in fact it is a standard protocol, I always pay the cheaper price because I buy early and store it. so when prices do rise I hardly notice the rise in price.
art0hur0moh

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs