Scotland Ready For Independence

Scotland Ready For Independence

Postby McAz » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:24 am

A new poll shows Scotland would vote for independence

46% of Scots would vote to leave the UK, while 43% would vote to stay, a Lord Ashcroft poll has found.

It is the first time that independence has led a poll since March 2017.

The poll comes just days after Boris Johnson visited Scotland in an attempt to shore up the union.[/size]

(Business Insider via MSN)

"Getting our country back" seems to have caught the wind. Here's hoping NI follows suit.
McAz

Re: Scotland Ready For Independence

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:40 pm

McAz wrote:A new poll shows Scotland would vote for independence

46% of Scots would vote to leave the UK, while 43% would vote to stay, a Lord Ashcroft poll has found.

The poll comes just days after Boris Johnson visited Scotland in an attempt to shore up the union.[/size]

"Getting our country back" seems to have caught the wind. Here's hoping NI follows suit.

So you're happy for Scotland and NI leaving the UK, But you're not happy with The UK leaving the EU?

Postby McAz » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:55 pm

Guest wrote:

So you're happy for Scotland and NI leaving the UK, But you're not happy with The UK leaving the EU?

The wider European community is more important to me than an isolated UK. So yes, in the event of a hard-Brexit I support the end of the UK and the consequent further marginalization of England.

Brexshitters should support it too since they are so keen on people "getting their countries back". :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:24 pm

McAz wrote:
Guest wrote:

The wider European community is more important to me than an isolated UK. So yes, in the event of a hard-Brexit I support the end of the UK and the consequent further marginalization of England.

Brexshitters should support it too since they are so keen on people "getting their countries back". :thumbsup:

I'd be fairly confident that the Leavers would be more than happy to get rid of scotland and NI :thumbsup:
And the uk would be even more Isolated wouldn't it?
Might be time for you to move to mainland europe. If they'd have you of course :pmsl:

Postby McAz » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:47 pm

Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'd be fairly confident that the Leavers would be more than happy to get rid of scotland and NI :thumbsup:
And the uk would be even more Isolated wouldn't it?
Might be time for you to move to mainland europe. If they'd have you of course :pmsl:

I agree, I'm look forward to their support.

Scotland would almost certainly rejoin the EU since they never votred to leave it in the first place.

And I'm happy here living on the border - and as someone entitled to Scottish citizenship, should it come to that, Scottish independence is win win for me.
McAz

Postby Fletch » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:41 pm

McAz wrote:46% of Scots would vote to leave the UK, while 43% would vote to stay, a Lord Ashcroft poll has found.

46% + 43% = 89%

:ooer:
Fletch

Postby McAz » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:43 pm

Fletch wrote:
McAz wrote:46% of Scots would vote to leave the UK, while 43% would vote to stay, a Lord Ashcroft poll has found.

46% + 43% = 89%

The remaining 11% are probably English and too dumb to make up their minds - most likely Brexit voters. :laughing:
McAz

Postby Fletch » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:47 pm

McAz wrote:
Fletch wrote:

46% + 43% = 89%

The remaining 11% are probably English and too dumb to make up their minds - most likely Brexit voters. :laughing:

:pmsl:
Fletch

Postby Cannydc » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:04 pm

It's probably time for countries like Scotland and Wales to find their own way in the world, and for the island of Ireland to be reunited.

If they as countries harbour different aspirations and enough people agree, so be it. We can't cling onto a broken UK forever.
Cannydc

Postby McAz » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:18 pm

Cannydc wrote:It's probably time for countries like Scotland and Wales to find their own way in the world, and for the island of Ireland to be reunited.

If they as countries harbour different aspirations and enough people agree, so be it. We can't cling onto a broken UK forever.

Scotland and NI didn't aspire to be left out of the European community - England and Wales, and the spiteful end to boot, are forcing them to leave.

Perhaps a hard Brexit and the demise of the UK will be the best thing in the longer term after all? Shame about the countless dead who fought to forge and save the Union though, just to see it betrayed by the likes of Boris. :shake head:
McAz

Postby Cobs » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:41 pm

Fletch wrote:
McAz wrote:
Fletch wrote:

46% + 43% = 89%

Keep having referenda and he'll end up in the Democratic Trolling Republic of McAzhakstan (Pop 1)
Cobs

Postby McAz » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:54 pm

Cobs wrote:
Fletch wrote:
McAz wrote:
Fletch wrote:

46% + 43% = 89%

Keep having referenda and he'll end up in the Democratic Trolling Republic of McAzhakstan (Pop 1)

(Pop 4) (Wife and two mutts - and nor is it a democracy). :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby Cobs » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:57 pm

I note you didn't dispute the trolling :laughing:
Cobs

Postby McAz » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:59 pm

Cobs wrote:I note you didn't dispute the trolling :laughing:

In the Republic of McAzhakstan trolling is one of the five freedoms. :snooty:
McAz

Postby Cobs » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:15 pm

McAz wrote:
Cobs wrote:I note you didn't dispute the trolling :laughing:

In the Republic of McAzhakstan trolling is one of the five freedoms. :snooty:

It must be silly season, you start a thread about Scottish independance then divert it into a discussion about an imaginary republic named after yourself. :shake head:

(am i doing this right?)
Cobs

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs