Fear that three million UK children will go hungry

Re: Fear that three million UK children will go hungry

Postby Fletch » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:44 pm

McAz wrote:
Fletch wrote:
McAz wrote:
Fletch wrote:
McAz wrote:And the cornerstone of a post-Brexit UK - your point?

You got tomorrow's lottery numbers? :dunno:

No - have the far-right led Brexit movement?

I just thought with your clear vision of the future, you miught have them.

Not sure what the far right have to do with anything,

JC4PM is the answer. (never used that before!) :twirl:

If Corbyn had any integrity or care for the common man he would resign. He'll have to anyway when Boris shores up his support.

Frankly, I am ashamed of the support I once lent him.

So you support neoliberalism and all it has done to the many. Food banks being just one of the more obvious ones. :shake head:
Fletch

Postby McAz » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:50 pm

Fletch wrote:
McAz wrote:
Fletch wrote:I just thought with your clear vision of the future, you miught have them.

If Corbyn had any integrity or care for the common man he would resign. He'll have to anyway when Boris shores up his support.

So you support neoliberalism and all it has done to the many. Food banks being just one of the more obvious ones. :shake head:

Neoliberalism wont end at Corbyn's hand - your point is moot.
McAz

Postby Fletch » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:01 pm

McAz wrote:
Fletch wrote:
McAz wrote:
Fletch wrote:I just thought with your clear vision of the future, you miught have them.

I don't support it. It's destructive and benefits the few at the expense of the many.

JC is not a neoliberal. He advocates nationalisation, public services and serving the many, not the few. A change of direction is required, we can't carry on on the same course of taking from the many to give to the few. I support that aim and therefore him.
Fletch

Postby McAz » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:06 pm

Fletch wrote:
McAz wrote:
Fletch wrote:
McAz wrote:

I don't support it. It's destructive and benefits the few at the expense of the many.

JC is not a neoliberal. He advocates nationalisation, public services and serving the many, not the few. A change of direction is required, we can't carry on on the same course of taking from the many to give to the few. I support that aim and therefore him.

The problem is not at issue. I do not share your belief that leaving the EU is the solution, or part of it...

...nor does Corbyn though it seems since he now supports remaining.
McAz

Postby LordRaven » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:26 am

Corbyn is showing himself to be unprincipled. He bends with the wind and is dangerous in his choice of "friends" so please be wary of him.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby McAz » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:08 am

LordRaven wrote:Corbyn is showing himself to be unprincipled. He bends with the wind and is dangerous in his choice of "friends" so please be wary of him.

In this thread I'm more concerned about the thousands of children in our so called civilised country going hungry...

...however, Corbyn need to step down to give way to someone who can provide clear alternative leadership during these difficult times. I fear, that like almost all politicians, ego has got the better of him.
McAz

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:45 am

presenting lawful documentation You can walk into any shop and use Your identity as collateral which the government is required by law to fulfill in it's civil obligation. all the financial tools We use are designed for that very purpose. it was argued against People being given vouchers for food decades ago. and a number of People I know who can easily afford to buy food in stores, go to the food bank because it is an extra bottle or line since the 50p increase in per unit of alcohol. People who have no dependency issues You will find it to be very rare for them to be even remotely close to those situations.

and Children are always caught in the middle of economic political warfare. why schools don't teach the basics is pure negligence by design.
art0hur0moh

Postby Stooo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:50 am

Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:
Wellard wrote:
McAz wrote:
Guest wrote:I grew up on porridge for breakfast, school dinners and raiding fields, tickling trout, shooting game and scrumping.
Live off the land! :hap:

I grew up in the bombed out remains of London's East End - the only shooting to be had was by Jack "the Hat" McVitie. :ooer:

Cheers Adolph!
Schools were closed by bombs.
Dire times.
Fletch would tell you the Luftwaffe were just flying over sightseeing St Paul’s.
Jah! Look down there mein Freund! Isn’t that dome lovely? Use zat as Ze aiming mark!
But we are all friends now.

Not Brexshitters - they've run away from the Germans, and the French, even the Italians...

...meanwhile they are happy for children to go hungry in Britain.

Delete Gammons, insert Lemmings!
Cunts!
Leavers are devoid of intelligence.
Surely?

Lemmings were forced off of a cliff by Disney production staff for a film. They do not intentionally suicide.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:56 am

McAz wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Corbyn is showing himself to be unprincipled. He bends with the wind and is dangerous in his choice of "friends" so please be wary of him.

In this thread I'm more concerned about the thousands of children in our so called civilised country going hungry...

...however, Corbyn need to step down to give way to someone who can provide clear alternative leadership during these difficult times. I fear, that like almost all politicians, ego has got the better of him.

It's criminal, the way our leaders have increased poverty by stealing from the poor to pay the rich, causing starvation and death along the way and people forced to rely on food banks to feed themselves.
Unforgivable
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:00 am

Guest wrote:I grew up on porridge for breakfast, school dinners and raiding fields, tickling trout, shooting game and scrumping.
Live off the land! :hap:

:yikes: porridge is full of carbs :woteva: free the Fish :yess:

since the Animal liberation front released the Mink in labs they have caused significant damage to inland Fish stocks. they need to be reintroduced each year to maintain the supply for fishing. it has been ages since I tasted a sweet raspberry. trying to grow them in My garden with the occasional sweet raspberry, but the birds get to them before I do most years. almost all the orchards are gone now for land development or because of european regulations making it less cost effective. then there is the wto imposing sanctions to purchase cheaper Goods from other countries which supermarkets prefer, putting small business out of business.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:10 am

walk through a supermarket and calculate the area needed for food in relation to beverages, snacks, and chemical products. You can quickly asses where their priorities lie. many foods that have a bbd, are unnecessary. which increases price at the tills and waste. then there is the buy one get one free. I just want to pay what things are worth. I haven't got the room for bulk purchasing. what happened? I heard all these technological advancements, land management, combine harvesters, etc... where supposed to reduce the price of Goods in stores.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:16 am

LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:

It's criminal, the way our leaders have increased poverty by stealing from the poor to pay the rich, causing starvation and death along the way and people forced to rely on food banks to feed themselves.
Unforgivable

get an education in finance before castigating blame! many rich People had a standard or less than upbringing. they got rich through, time, energy, effort and understanding, not handouts!

Your home work today is to identify and provide Us with all the financial instruments banks use to manipulate the Common market and currency!
art0hur0moh

Postby McAz » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:22 am

LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:

Unforgivable

And yet the likes of Red, Ray, Roc, jra, et al gleefully support them, Makes you despair for democracy. :shake head:
McAz

Postby LordRaven » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:12 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:

Unforgivable

get an education in finance before castigating blame! many rich People had a standard or less than upbringing. they got rich through, time, energy, effort and understanding, not handouts!

Your home work today is to identify and provide Us with all the financial instruments banks use to manipulate the Common market and currency!

I don't expect you to understand what we are discussing Art, the fact that draconian austerity measures have been used to downgrade peoples lives, that the government continues to employ absolute cunts in an ongoing war on the poor to squeeze more and more pennies out of them --with even terminally ill people being assessed to see if they are "fit for work" before paying them any monies to simply try and stay alive.
People dying from having to choose between heating and eating has clearly escaped you, in spite of well reported cases of deaths caused by government policy.
The UN even pointing out that our government is breaking its human rights obligations but this seems to have escaped you too?

Your comment - "People had a standard or less than upbringing. they got rich through, time, energy, effort and understanding, not handouts!"- is nothing short of callous, you are effectively calling the disadvantaged , people with medical conditions -both physical and mental -and the poor in general a bunch of lazy good for nothing spongers.
I used to vote Tory but I did not vote for increases in poverty, and food banks, starvation of the poor and/or their slaughter through being starved, therefore the Tories can go fuck themselves! I won't be voting for the uncaring bastards anytime soon.

As you seem devoid of common sense and clearly have learning issues with an obvious inability to grasp what is being discussed, in any thread, your homework is to read this article (below)and correct yourself and your crass comments and make an open apology on here for being a callous prick!

14 damning findings by the UN inspector who investigated UK poverty
The government has violated its human rights obligations, concludes the UN’s special rapporteur on extreme poverty in his final report.

Delivering his final report on extreme poverty and human rights in the UK, he concludes: “Given the significant resources available in the country, the sustained and widespread cuts to social support, which have caused so much pain and misery, amount to retrogressive measures in clear violation of the United Kingdom’s human rights obligations.”

Here are the key conclusions, from the report, and Philip Alston’s own comments on his findings:

Government-led misery
The UK Government’s policies have led to the systematic immiseration of millions across Great Britain.

Child poverty
Close to 40 per cent of children are predicted to be living in poverty by 2021.

Following drastic changes in government economic policy beginning in 2010, the two preceding decades of progress in tackling child and pensioner poverty have begun to unravel and poverty is again on the rise.

Relative child poverty rates are expected to increase by 7 per cent between 2015 and 2021 and overall child poverty rates to reach close to 40 per cent. For almost one in every two children to be poor in twenty-first century Britain would not just be a disgrace, but a social calamity and an economic disaster rolled into one.

Inequality
Although the United Kingdom is the world’s fifth largest economy, one fifth of its population (14 million people) live in poverty, four million of those are more than 50 per cent below the poverty line, and 1.5 million of them experienced destitution in 2017, unable to afford basic essentials. And 2.5 million people survive with incomes no more than 10 per cent above the poverty line – just one crisis away from falling into poverty.

Given the significant resources available in the country, the sustained and widespread cuts to social support, which have caused so much pain and misery, amount to retrogressive measures in clear violation of the United Kingdom’s human rights obligations.

The “austerity experiment” continues…
Policies of austerity introduced in 2010 continue largely unabated, despite the tragic social consequences.

For all the talk that austerity is over, massive disinvestment in the social safety net continues unabated.

…it has resulted in:
• 14 million people living in poverty,

• Record levels of hunger and homelessness,

• Falling life expectancy for some groups,

• Ever fewer community services,

• Greatly reduced policing,

• Access to the courts for lower-income groups has been dramatically rolled back by cuts to legal aid.

…and it’s ideological…
The imposition of austerity was an ideological project designed to radically reshape the relationship between the Government and the citizenry. UK standards of well-being have descended precipitately in a remarkably short period of time, as a result of deliberate policy choices made when many other options were available.

A booming economy, high employment and a budget surplus have not reversed austerity, a policy pursued more as an ideological than an economic agenda.

...and doesn’t even make economic sense
Far-reaching changes to the role of Government in supporting people in distress are almost always “sold” as part of an unavoidable fiscal “austerity” programme needed to save the country from bankruptcy. In fact, the reforms have almost certainly cost far more than their proponents will admit. The many billions extracted from the benefits system since 2010 have been offset by additional resources required, by local government, by doctors and hospital accident and emergency centres, and even by the ever-shrinking, overworked and underfunded police force to fund the increasing need for emergency services.

The welfare state has fallen away
The Government’s ‘work not welfare’ mantra conveys the message that individuals and families can seek charity but that the State will no longer provide the basic social safety net to which all political parties had been committed since 1945.

The bottom line is that much of the glue that has held British society together since the Second World War has been deliberately removed and replaced with a harsh and uncaring ethos.

In fact, we’ve rewound from 1945 back to Dickens...
It might seem to some observers that the Department of Work and Pensions has been tasked with designing a digital and sanitized version of the nineteenth century workhouse, made infamous by Charles Dickens, rather than seeking to respond creatively and compassionately to the real needs of those facing widespread economic insecurity in an age of deep and rapid transformation brought about by automation, zero-hour contracts and rapidly growing inequality.

...via Thomas Hobbes
As Thomas Hobbes observed long ago, such an approach condemns the least well off to lives that are “solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short”. As the British social contract slowly evaporates, Hobbes’ prediction risks becoming the new reality.

The recent changes are not good enough
I welcome the moves to adopt a uniform poverty measure, to systematically survey food insecurity, and to further delay the rollout of Universal Credit. That programme will be improved by plans to provide more time to repay advances, to reduce debt payment limits, and to reduce extreme penalties. But, for all the talk that austerity is over, massive disinvestment in the social safety net continues unabated.

It is difficult to see recent changes as more than window dressing to minimise political fallout. The situation demands a new vision that embodies British compassion and places social rights and economic security front and centre.

Some Universal Credit reforms have been positive – but not enough to turn the tide
The 2018 budget introduced several changes to the Government’s flagship benefits programme, Universal Credit (UC), including a welcome increase in work allowances, as a consequence of which an estimated 2.4 million households will be better off in 2019, and some 200,000 people will rise out of poverty. And the introduction of a minimum wage has helped reduce low pay.

But these developments have not stemmed the overall direction of the tide.

Loneliness is worsening
Austerity policies have deliberately gutted local authorities and thereby effectively eliminated many social services, reduced policing services to skeletal proportions, closed libraries in record numbers, shrunk community and youth centres, and sold off public spaces and buildings including parks and recreation centres. It is hardly surprising that civil society has reported unheard-of levels of loneliness and isolation, prompting the Government to appoint a Minister for Suicide Prevention.

Solutions lie in resurrecting public spending and less harsh welfare measures
The Government should restore local government funding to ensure crucial social protection can help people escape poverty, reverse particularly regressive measures such as the benefits cap and two-child limit, and audit the impact of tax and spending decisions on different groups.

The Department for Work & Pensions’ response is predictable. The secretary of state Amber Rudd is trying to curry some PR by lodging a formal complaint with the UN about it. And a spokesperson points out that the UN’s own data shows that the UK is “one of the happiest places in the world to live” (it came 15th actually), and that Alston’s report “paints a completely inaccurate picture of our approach to tackling poverty” and is a “barely believable documentation of Britain, based on a tiny period of time spent here”.

True, Alston only conducted his investigation from 5 to 16 November 2018. But as his report says itself, even if you put statistics aside, the extent of poverty in Britain “is obvious to anyone who opens their eyes”. And that’s why government responses will never ring true until it actually engages with the problem and starts afresh.
https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/u ... uk-poverty

Let us know when you have rejoined the human race by rediscovering the meaning of compassion Art :thumbsup:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:53 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:presenting lawful documentation You can walk into any shop and use Your identity as collateral which the government is required by law to fulfill in it's civil obligation. all the financial tools We use are designed for that very purpose. it was argued against People being given vouchers for food decades ago. and a number of People I know who can easily afford to buy food in stores, go to the food bank because it is an extra bottle or line since the 50p increase in per unit of alcohol. People who have no dependency issues You will find it to be very rare for them to be even remotely close to those situations.

and Children are always caught in the middle of economic political warfare. why schools don't teach the basics is pure negligence by design.

I wish you'd give us a clue at least when making such posts.
LordRaven
Twat.

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs