HS2 DELAYED UP TO 5 YEARS

Re: HS2 DELAYED UP TO 5 YEARS

Postby McAz » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:34 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:The only places in Wales the train goes are some shitty coastal towns the picture I just posted isn't by the sea.
No trains inland and in the picture you can see the Thursday bus.

The London-centric think the world revolves around them. :shake head:
McAz

Postby Cannydc » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:38 pm

Come to Norfolk - we've got a train !!

Pity my nearest station is 7 miles away, and the trains go to London, not the coast...
Cannydc

Postby McAz » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:41 pm

Cannydc wrote:Come to Norfolk - we've got a train !!

Pity my nearest station is 7 miles away, and the trains go to London, not the coast...

I've been to Norfolk many times - I drove there. :laughing:
McAz

Postby jra » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:13 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:... and typical of trains it's already late ... five years late!

The vast majority of trains run on time, despite what the media would have you believe. Trains on HS2 are more likely to run on time as there won't be a mixture of different rolling stock (often running at different speeds) and no freight traffic.
jra

Postby jra » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:22 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Public transport in rush hour around here.
Not a taxi in sight.
You know why?
Because there's no fucking railway station!!!!

Yes, because all taxi journeys are made to/from railway stations. You do realise how ridiculous you are sounding, plus it would be difficult to build a railway line in terrain like that.
jra

Postby Fletch » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:28 pm

Until the railways become true public services, leave them to die out. Too expensive, too London centric and too much government money lining select private pockets.

Same for buses, though London is unique in the country for the bus service they have. :roll:

If they persist then any new railway line should start from the furthest planned point from London, never from London.
Fletch

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:35 pm

jra wrote:
Not a taxi in sight.
You know why?

Yes, because all taxi journeys are made to/from railway stations. You do realise how ridiculous you are sounding, plus it would be difficult to build a railway line in terrain like that.

You took that serious ..... a picture of the wilds of Wales and you took a comment about taxis seriously ..... :pmsl:
Rolluplostinspace

Postby jra » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:39 pm

McAz wrote:
jra wrote:I still wouldn't make the journey by car even if I had one. The train is quicker anyway and without the stress. I can relax on the train, have a few beers and not have to concentrate on the road all the time. Besides, I see Dawlish Sea Wall (one of the most scenic railway routes in the UK) and you can't do that by car.

And you cant see most of the beauty of Cumbria and Scotland by train - your argument works both ways.

The West Highland Line.

This guy generally knows what he's talking about.

https://www.seat61.com/WestHighlandLine.htm

DOCUMENTARY: The World's Most Beautiful Railway
On: more4 (136)
Date: Monday 9th September 2019 (starting in 1 day)
Time: 21:00 to 22:00 (1 hour long)

An anytime alert is set for 15 minutes before the programme starts
The Jacobite steam train crosses the Glenfinnan Viaduct, while the next generation of guide dog puppies is being trained at Waverley station.
(Premiere, Audio Described, Subtitles, Series 1, Episode 3)

Starring: Christopher Soren Kelly, Vanda Kettelhut

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marked By: 'Reminder: The World's Most Beautiful Railway' and 'Favourite: The World's Most Beautiful Railway' markers
Keywords: Documentary, Premiere, Audio Described, Subtitles
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=45488

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
jra

Postby jra » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:40 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Not a taxi in sight.
You know why?

You took that serious ..... a picture of the wilds of Wales and you took a comment about taxis seriously ..... :pmsl:

With you Jack I don't know whether you are being serious or not.
jra

Postby McAz » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:41 pm

jra wrote:
McAz wrote:
jra wrote:I still wouldn't make the journey by car even if I had one. The train is quicker anyway and without the stress. I can relax on the train, have a few beers and not have to concentrate on the road all the time. Besides, I see Dawlish Sea Wall (one of the most scenic railway routes in the UK) and you can't do that by car.

And you cant see most of the beauty of Cumbria and Scotland by train - your argument works both ways.

The West Highland Line.

This guy generally knows what he's talking about.

https://www.seat61.com/WestHighlandLine.htm

Not in this case...

...you cant see most of the beauty of Cumbria and Scotland by train - your argument works both ways.
McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:44 pm

jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Not a taxi in sight.
You know why?

The vast wastelands and mountainous areas of Wales and taxis clogging the roads coming out of railways stations wouldn't be taken seriously by anyone ... no one .... but then J there's you.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby jra » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:54 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:The only places in Wales the train goes are some shitty coastal towns the picture I just posted isn't by the sea.

Never travelled along the Heart of Wales line then?

The Cambrian Coast LIne is rated as a very scenic railway going through some shitty coastal towns as you put it.

McAz wrote:

The railway network is London centric, followed by Birmingham and Manchester. That's the reality. The same for motorways.

Now you two. Stop taking the piss. This could have been a decent discussion, but I should have known better this being SD.
jra

Postby Cannydc » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:56 pm

Fletch wrote:Until the railways become true public services, leave them to die out. Too expensive, too London centric and too much government money lining select private pockets.

Same for buses, though London is unique in the country for the bus service they have. :roll:

If they persist then any new railway line should start from the furthest planned point from London, never from London.

I quite like the Metro services - not quite the Bangkok Skytrain, but cities are well served by them.

And agree 100% about London and new transport services. The more they get, the more London-centric the whole country becomes. Decent bus services in the countryside would cut far more cars off the roads than HS2...
Cannydc

Postby jra » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:57 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:
Not a taxi in sight.
You know why?

The vast wastelands and mountainous areas of Wales and taxis clogging the roads coming out of railways stations wouldn't be taken seriously by anyone ... no one .... but then J there's you.

The point is why post it in the first place?
jra

Postby McAz » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:59 pm

jra wrote:

Never travelled along the Heart of Wales line then?

The Cambrian Coast LIne is rated as a very scenic railway going through some shitty coastal towns as you put it.

McAz wrote:

The railway network is London centric, followed by Birmingham and Manchester. That's the reality. The same for motorways.

Now you two. Stop taking the piss. This could have been a decent discussion, but I should have known better this being SD.

Yes it is - and that's why your arguments have little appeal and make even less sense outside of it.
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs