Scottish judges rule suspension of parliament illegal

Re: Scottish judges rule suspension of parliament illegal

Postby Cannydc » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:52 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Labour doesn't have to decide anything.


That is the daftest thing you've said

Do you think that Labour can get elected with no Brexit policy?

What a pillock.

Every party has a Brexit policy
Every party except Labour
Government in waiting? With no policy?
Labour is a joke
And full of jokers like you.


So daft you had to repeat it twice.

As of now there is no General Election - unless you know better and can tell us the date.

We have a Brexit policy, you know what it is and have been told so many times you are starting to sound like you're a goldfish.

If there is any change, it will be decided at party conference shortly. Democratically as normal.

Hope that puts your mind at rest. Have a nap.
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 15101
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: Scottish judges rule suspension of parliament illegal

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:02 pm

MungoBrush wrote:Keith Starmer may well be right
But Labour has to decide which side of the fence it is sitting on first.

Staying within the law and not lying.

User avatar
Grafenwalder
 
Posts: 1199
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:17 pm

Re: Scottish judges rule suspension of parliament illegal

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:06 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:Keith Starmer may well be right
But Labour has to decide which side of the fence it is sitting on first.

Staying within the law and not lying.



The Tories are finished.

Do the British people really want to vote for a party that thinks it's above the law.

I doubt it.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Scottish judges rule suspension of parliament illegal

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:38 pm

The Queen can order the twats back to work under a Royal Procalamation. Lying traitor Johnson, Cummings and Smugg should be locked up in the Tower.

User avatar
Grafenwalder
 
Posts: 1199
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:17 pm

Re: Scottish judges rule suspension of parliament illegal

Postby MungoBrush » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:39 pm

Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Labour doesn't have to decide anything.


That is the daftest thing you've said

Do you think that Labour can get elected with no Brexit policy?

What a pillock.

Every party has a Brexit policy
Every party except Labour
Government in waiting? With no policy?
Labour is a joke
And full of jokers like you.


So daft you had to repeat it twice.

As of now there is no General Election - unless you know better and can tell us the date.

We have a Brexit policy, you know what it is and have been told so many times you are starting to sound like you're a goldfish.

If there is any change, it will be decided at party conference shortly. Democratically as normal.

Hope that puts your mind at rest. Have a nap.


Do you mean this policy?

"Labour should "unequivocally back Remain" in a fresh Brexit referendum and only then pursue power in a general election, its deputy has said.
Tom Watson said there was "no such thing as a good Brexit deal" and the 2016 Leave vote had been "invalidated".

or this policy?

"His comments put him at odds with the party's leader Jeremy Corbyn, who has not committed to back either side in another vote if Labour wins power."

or this policy?

"JOHN MCDONNELL claimed that Labour would not seek to prevent or delay Brexit, describing those trying to do so as being “on the side of certain corporate elites”, a newly-resurfaced report reveals."

or this policy?

"John McDonnell hints Labour has DROPPED its own plans for Brexit deal and would back May’s hated Withdrawal Agreement"

or this policy?

"Emily Thornberry was seemingly overwhelmed by the barrage of questions from both Susanna Reid and Piers Morgan on how the Labour party would deal with the Brexit issue. The Labour MP explained that if the Labour Party was in power, they would go back to Brussels and negotiate a new Brexit deal. However, confusingly to the GMB hosts, the Labour Party would then call a second referendum and campaign against their own Brexit deal."

or maybe even this policy?

"Labour’s Brexit chief said their party is trying to break the Brexit impasse despite campaigning for different things. His comments come as the deputy leader of the Labour Party said that a single-issue Brexit election may not break the deadlock in Parliament - something only a second referendum can achieve with certainty. Mr Watson argued that if a referendum were to follow an election, then Labour should commit "unambiguously and unequivocally" to campaign for Remain."

Which one Cannydc?
User avatar
MungoBrush
 
Posts: 2046
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Re: Scottish judges rule suspension of parliament illegal

Postby MungoBrush » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:44 pm

Guest wrote:The Tories are finished.

Do the British people really want to vote for a party that thinks it's above the law.

I doubt it.


As at today:

Conservative 33%
Labour 24%
Liberal Democrat 18%
Brexit Party 13%
Green 5%

https://britainelects.com
User avatar
MungoBrush
 
Posts: 2046
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Re: Scottish judges rule suspension of parliament illegal

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:55 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Guest wrote:The Tories are finished.

Do the British people really want to vote for a party that thinks it's above the law.

I doubt it.


As at today:

Conservative 33%
Labour 24%
Liberal Democrat 18%
Brexit Party 13%
Green 5%

https://britainelects.com


The Tories were 20 points ahead at the start of last election according to the polls, then we ended up with a coalition.

The campaign hasn't even started yet and today's events wouldn't have been taken into consideration.

I doubt whether the country would vote for Tory austerity again.

When the campaign proper starts the Tories will nosedive! :smilin:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Scottish judges rule suspension of parliament illegal

Postby Cannydc » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:20 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Labour doesn't have to decide anything.


That is the daftest thing you've said

Do you think that Labour can get elected with no Brexit policy?

What a pillock.

Every party has a Brexit policy
Every party except Labour
Government in waiting? With no policy?
Labour is a joke
And full of jokers like you.


So daft you had to repeat it twice.

As of now there is no General Election - unless you know better and can tell us the date.

We have a Brexit policy, you know what it is and have been told so many times you are starting to sound like you're a goldfish.

If there is any change, it will be decided at party conference shortly. Democratically as normal.

Hope that puts your mind at rest. Have a nap.


Do you mean this policy?

"Labour should "unequivocally back Remain" in a fresh Brexit referendum and only then pursue power in a general election, its deputy has said.
Tom Watson said there was "no such thing as a good Brexit deal" and the 2016 Leave vote had been "invalidated".

or this policy?

"His comments put him at odds with the party's leader Jeremy Corbyn, who has not committed to back either side in another vote if Labour wins power."

or this policy?

"JOHN MCDONNELL claimed that Labour would not seek to prevent or delay Brexit, describing those trying to do so as being “on the side of certain corporate elites”, a newly-resurfaced report reveals."

or this policy?

"John McDonnell hints Labour has DROPPED its own plans for Brexit deal and would back May’s hated Withdrawal Agreement"

or this policy?

"Emily Thornberry was seemingly overwhelmed by the barrage of questions from both Susanna Reid and Piers Morgan on how the Labour party would deal with the Brexit issue. The Labour MP explained that if the Labour Party was in power, they would go back to Brussels and negotiate a new Brexit deal. However, confusingly to the GMB hosts, the Labour Party would then call a second referendum and campaign against their own Brexit deal."

or maybe even this policy?

"Labour’s Brexit chief said their party is trying to break the Brexit impasse despite campaigning for different things. His comments come as the deputy leader of the Labour Party said that a single-issue Brexit election may not break the deadlock in Parliament - something only a second referendum can achieve with certainty. Mr Watson argued that if a referendum were to follow an election, then Labour should commit "unambiguously and unequivocally" to campaign for Remain."

Which one Cannydc?


Someone's sounding pretty desperate - are you OK, Hun ?

The Labour party policy remains unchanged, as per my previous post.

Individuals are free to state their own preferences, but you really must learn the difference between that and official policy.

Your nap wasn't long enough, obviously.
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 15101
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: Scottish judges rule suspension of parliament illegal

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:30 pm

McAz & cannydc, upper middle class faux socialists with vested interests in staying in the EU.

While vast areas of the UK have been laid waste over the last 30 years due to Conservative and Labour deindustrialisation and financialisation policies, European funding in politics, academia, arts, culture, science and the trade unions has produced a layer of the upper middle class whose social and financial “worth” increases in direct proportion to the economic damage inflicted in their neighbourhoods.


https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2016/0 ... o-j07.html
User avatar
Ray of Sunshine
 
Posts: 5154
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: Scottish judges rule suspension of parliament illegal

Postby Cannydc » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:43 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:McAz & cannydc, upper middle class faux socialists with vested interests in staying in the EU.

While vast areas of the UK have been laid waste over the last 30 years due to Conservative and Labour deindustrialisation and financialisation policies, European funding in politics, academia, arts, culture, science and the trade unions has produced a layer of the upper middle class whose social and financial “worth” increases in direct proportion to the economic damage inflicted in their neighbourhoods.


https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2016/0 ... o-j07.html


LOL @ "upper class".

Are you prone to making things up as you go along, Ray?
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 15101
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: Scottish judges rule suspension of parliament illegal

Postby McAz » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:22 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:McAz & cannydc, upper middle class faux socialists with vested interests in staying in the EU


:pmsl:
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 40165
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: Scottish judges rule suspension of parliament illegal

Postby Cannydc » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:30 pm

I laughed too.

Dad's 88 years old, was a farm labourer all his life and voted Remain for all the same reasons I did.

Mum was a shop assistant, then a care assistant. Sadly died long before this Brexit nonsense arose.

Can't wait to thank the old man for my "upper middle class faux socialist" roots.

Bet he has a good giggle at that nonsense too.
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 15101
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: Scottish judges rule suspension of parliament illegal

Postby McAz » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:36 pm

Cannydc wrote:I laughed too.

Dad's 88 years old, was a farm labourer all his life and voted Remain for all the same reasons I did.

Mum was a shop assistant, then a care assistant. Sadly died long before this Brexit nonsense arose.

Can't wait to thank the old man for my "upper middle class faux socialist" roots.

Bet he has a good giggle at that nonsense too.

I'm from what now would be termed the underclass. Council-house raised (and thought that was plush after the slums of the East End) - parents were factory workers.

I'm as posh as fuck though. :snooty:

:pmsl:
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 40165
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: Scottish judges rule suspension of parliament illegal

Postby MungoBrush » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:36 pm

Cannydc wrote:The Labour party policy remains unchanged, as per my previous post.

Individuals are free to state their own preferences, but you really must learn the difference between that and official policy.

Your nap wasn't long enough, obviously.


So just to summarise, Labour Party policy on Brexit is to renegotiate a deal with the EU based on membership of both the Customs Union and the Single Market

And everything else that Corbyn has said in the past couple of days is bollox.
User avatar
MungoBrush
 
Posts: 2046
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Re: Scottish judges rule suspension of parliament illegal

Postby Stooo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:49 pm

David Allen Green with the legal explanation:

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/ ... orogation/
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 92688
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Bollocks To Brexit

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests