Brexit Party predicted to win no seats

Brexit Party predicted to win no seats

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:23 pm

A new poll has shown that Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party is expected to win a sum total of zero seats at the next general election.

The ComRes poll, produced in association with The Telegraph, has the Brexit Party on 13%, behind the Liberal Democrats (17%), Labour (29%) and the Conservatives (30%).

According to ComRes Chairman Andrew Hawkins, this sort of result would leave the Tories as the largest party with 294 seats – 32 short of a majority.

However, this outcome would be highly unlikely to end our current political stalemate. Feasibly, a majority government could only be formed if Labour did a deal with the Lib Dems and the SNP – something that would be difficult to envisage.

The good news is that Nigel Farage’s band of belligerent Brexiteers would be shut out of Parliament entirely – leaving Farage to contemplate another general election flop.

https://scramnews.com/brexit-party-nige ... -election/


:pmsl: Can't wait for the campaign proper to start!
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Brexit Party predicted to win no seats

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:27 pm

BJ has done something good then.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 30144
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Brexit Party predicted to win no seats

Postby Stooo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:33 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:BJ has done something good then.


It's the UKIP vote, it's just a repackaging. That vote in itself is fading as they die off.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 92692
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Bollocks To Brexit

Re: Brexit Party predicted to win no seats

Postby Cannydc » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:47 pm

Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:BJ has done something good then.


It's the UKIP vote, it's just a repackaging. That vote in itself is fading as they die off.


Exactly as I forecast months ago, on 1st June. Their 13% or so (and falling) is too widely spread across main party strongholds. They won't get the 40% or so necessary anywhere in the country. And, as per UKIP, their voters will realise it and eff off just as Farage will.

"the Brexit party won't get any, what support they have is thinly spread but their star is already fading."

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=59524&p=1667423&hilit=brexit+party+will+get+no+seats&sid=7a031d8bab389bf80be85e2a7f5ac57a#p1667423
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 15101
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: Brexit Party predicted to win no seats

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:58 pm

Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:BJ has done something good then.


It's the UKIP vote, it's just a repackaging. That vote in itself is fading as they die off.


Well BJ has embraced their policy of leave means leave, even with no deal. So there’s not much point in them.
His bluster has outplayed them.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 30144
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Brexit Party predicted to win no seats

Postby wutang » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:09 pm

Hasn't Farage already said that the Brexit party will do an electorial pact with the Tories - i.e only stand in seats where the Tories cant win.

Ironic as the only seats the Brexit party could win are the Tory ones (as, y'know, its nothing more than a Tory pressure group)
User avatar
wutang
 
Posts: 6000
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:02 am
Location: Globalist Department, Frankfurt School

Re: Brexit Party predicted to win no seats

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:21 pm

wutang wrote:Hasn't Farage already said that the Brexit party will do an electorial pact with the Tories - i.e only stand in seats where the Tories cant win.

Ironic as the only seats the Brexit party could win are the Tory ones (as, y'know, its nothing more than a Tory pressure group)


That’s why Corbyn won’t commit to remain the way Watson is doing. He knows the cost of losing seats to the BxP.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 30144
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Brexit Party predicted to win no seats

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:49 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
wutang wrote:Hasn't Farage already said that the Brexit party will do an electorial pact with the Tories - i.e only stand in seats where the Tories cant win.

Ironic as the only seats the Brexit party could win are the Tory ones (as, y'know, its nothing more than a Tory pressure group)


That’s why Corbyn won’t commit to remain the way Watson is doing. He knows the cost of losing seats to the BxP.

What the Labour Party is committed to at present is giving the choice to the people but giving them a real choice.

There are viable ways in which the EU and Britain could have a much looser relationship, in my view that means membership of the EU however I don't say that's the only solution - only that it's the best solution. The British people deserve to be offered a choice not between a pie in the sky, all things to all people, Russian sponsored pipe dream and remaining in the EU but a choice between a close relationship where the UK has a significant say, and in some instances a veto over, European matters that will directly affect its trade and commerce (i.e EU membership) or a more distant, with greater autonomy, but still close relationship where the UK has only an advisory role in European matters that will directly affect it's trade and commerce.

Some people may choose the latter. I suspect it won't be many but it will be a real choice between real alternatives not the seizure of a advisory vote to turn the UK into North Korea with it's own version of the Dear Leader stamping on the authority of Parliament under the pretext of returning sovereignty to it
User avatar
Cactus Jack
 
Posts: 13939
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:15 pm
Location: Round yer somewhere

Re: Brexit Party predicted to win no seats

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:01 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
wutang wrote:Hasn't Farage already said that the Brexit party will do an electorial pact with the Tories - i.e only stand in seats where the Tories cant win.

Ironic as the only seats the Brexit party could win are the Tory ones (as, y'know, its nothing more than a Tory pressure group)


That’s why Corbyn won’t commit to remain the way Watson is doing. He knows the cost of losing seats to the BxP.

What the Labour Party is committed to at present is giving the choice to the people but giving them a real choice.

There are viable ways in which the EU and Britain could have a much looser relationship, in my view that means membership of the EU however I don't say that's the only solution - only that it's the best solution. The British people deserve to be offered a choice not between a pie in the sky, all things to all people, Russian sponsored pipe dream and remaining in the EU but a choice between a close relationship where the UK has a significant say, and in some instances a veto over, European matters that will directly affect its trade and commerce (i.e EU membership) or a more distant, with greater autonomy, but still close relationship where the UK has only an advisory role in European matters that will directly affect it's trade and commerce.

Some people may choose the latter. I suspect it won't be many but it will be a real choice between real alternatives not the seizure of a advisory vote to turn the UK into North Korea with it's own version of the Dear Leader stamping on the authority of Parliament under the pretext of returning sovereignty to it


Tricky part is, you can’t really explain that on a doorstep when electioneering. People are used to soundbites and slogans and knee jerk reactions. The EU relationship, as we’ve seen can’t and shouldn’t, be severed just like that. There’s too much at stake. People were given a binary choice but the process is far from being so simple.
Everyone’s divided over it, the Tories, labour, families, friends etc. Not Lib Dem’s, but they’ve never really had much to lose with so few seats anyway.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 30144
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Brexit Party predicted to win no seats

Postby Stooo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:04 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
wutang wrote:Hasn't Farage already said that the Brexit party will do an electorial pact with the Tories - i.e only stand in seats where the Tories cant win.

Ironic as the only seats the Brexit party could win are the Tory ones (as, y'know, its nothing more than a Tory pressure group)


That’s why Corbyn won’t commit to remain the way Watson is doing. He knows the cost of losing seats to the BxP.

What the Labour Party is committed to at present is giving the choice to the people but giving them a real choice.

There are viable ways in which the EU and Britain could have a much looser relationship, in my view that means membership of the EU however I don't say that's the only solution - only that it's the best solution. The British people deserve to be offered a choice not between a pie in the sky, all things to all people, Russian sponsored pipe dream and remaining in the EU but a choice between a close relationship where the UK has a significant say, and in some instances a veto over, European matters that will directly affect its trade and commerce (i.e EU membership) or a more distant, with greater autonomy, but still close relationship where the UK has only an advisory role in European matters that will directly affect it's trade and commerce.

Some people may choose the latter. I suspect it won't be many but it will be a real choice between real alternatives not the seizure of a advisory vote to turn the UK into North Korea with it's own version of the Dear Leader stamping on the authority of Parliament under the pretext of returning sovereignty to it


Tricky part is, you can’t really explain that on a doorstep when electioneering. People are used to soundbites and slogans and knee jerk reactions. The EU relationship, as we’ve seen can’t and shouldn’t, be severed just like that. There’s too much at stake. People were given a binary choice but the process is far from being so simple.
Everyone’s divided over it, the Tories, labour, families, friends etc. Not Lib Dem’s, but they’ve never really had much to lose with so few seats anyway.


Stop flirting Murasaki... :again?:
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 92692
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Bollocks To Brexit

Re: Brexit Party predicted to win no seats

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:05 pm

You’re like a pesky cat that won’t go away no matter how many times I shooo it!

Shoooo Lib Dem, shooo!
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 30144
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Brexit Party predicted to win no seats

Postby wutang » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:17 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:That’s why Corbyn won’t commit to remain the way Watson is doing. He knows the cost of losing seats to the BxP.


Or because he doesn't want to commit to remain.

Corbyn's stance seems to be: lets at least attempt to carry out what people voted for in the referendum by getting a deal that satisfies as many people as possible and then putting that choice to the public. Committing to remain removes this option and therefore opens up the can of worms that is pretending the referendum never happened and just ignoring brexit altogether
User avatar
wutang
 
Posts: 6000
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:02 am
Location: Globalist Department, Frankfurt School

Re: Brexit Party predicted to win no seats

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:31 pm

wutang wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:That’s why Corbyn won’t commit to remain the way Watson is doing. He knows the cost of losing seats to the BxP.


Or because he doesn't want to commit to remain.

Corbyn's stance seems to be: lets at least attempt to carry out what people voted for in the referendum by getting a deal that satisfies as many people as possible and then putting that choice to the public. Committing to remain removes this option and therefore opens up the can of worms that is pretending the referendum never happened and just ignoring brexit altogether



:thumbsup:

Emily Thornberry was so cringe last week!

She made the Tory eurosceptics look good.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 30144
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Brexit Party predicted to win no seats

Postby Fletch » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:35 pm

wutang wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:That’s why Corbyn won’t commit to remain the way Watson is doing. He knows the cost of losing seats to the BxP.


Or because he doesn't want to commit to remain.

Corbyn's stance seems to be: lets at least attempt to carry out what people voted for in the referendum by getting a deal that satisfies as many people as possible and then putting that choice to the public. Committing to remain removes this option and therefore opens up the can of worms that is pretending the referendum never happened and just ignoring brexit altogether


Which is what the illiberal non Democrats want.

Not upholding the democratic vote would spell trouble in the future, under any government. A precedent would have been set and from there, well, who knows when they might choose to ignore next.
User avatar
Fletch
 
Posts: 14713
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Re: Brexit Party predicted to win no seats

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:45 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
wutang wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:That’s why Corbyn won’t commit to remain the way Watson is doing. He knows the cost of losing seats to the BxP.


Or because he doesn't want to commit to remain.

Corbyn's stance seems to be: lets at least attempt to carry out what people voted for in the referendum by getting a deal that satisfies as many people as possible and then putting that choice to the public. Committing to remain removes this option and therefore opens up the can of worms that is pretending the referendum never happened and just ignoring brexit altogether



:thumbsup:

Emily Thornberry was so cringe last week!

She made the Tory eurosceptics look good.


Emily Thornberry was brilliant on Question Time last week.

She held her own very well against a biased Tory panel.
User avatar
Guest
 


Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: calitom and 4 guests