David Cameron and Michael Gove

David Cameron and Michael Gove

Postby Jon55 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:32 pm

I was just reading this and realized how similar it is to my own life - I once had a friend who stabbed me in the back. I honestly think you can't be friends with a business partner and I now realise that they were only my friend because I was useful to them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7474805/SARAH-VINE-gives-intensely-personal-emotional-response-David-Camerons-memoirs.html
Jon55

Re: David Cameron and Michael Gove

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:42 pm

Families rarely survive as business partners. Friends stand an even lower chance. Business is business, emotions don’t really come into it for many.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Cannydc » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:45 pm

Jon55 wrote:I was just reading this and realized how similar it is to my own life - I once had a friend who stabbed me in the back. I honestly think you can't be friends with a business partner and I now realise that they were only my friend because I was useful to them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7474805/SARAH-VINE-gives-intensely-personal-emotional-response-David-Camerons-memoirs.html

True. I have a 'friend' who owes me in the region of £15k via a business deal that went very well indeed. It's as if he has disappeared off the planet. Such is life, I never counted on that cash, thankfully.
Cannydc

Postby Jon55 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:49 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Families rarely survive as business partners. Friends stand an even lower chance. Business is business, emotions don’t really come into it for many.

That is so true - we were friends for over 20 years and he threw me under the bus. I really don't trust anyone now.
Jon55

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:32 pm

Jon55 wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Families rarely survive as business partners. Friends stand an even lower chance. Business is business, emotions don’t really come into it for many.

That is so true - we were friends for over 20 years and he threw me under the bus. I really don't trust anyone now.

Are you a bit soft?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Jon55 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:49 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Jon55 wrote:

Are you a bit soft?

I must be ... I was mainly friends with his wife but she sadly died so he decided to get rid of me even though I was his partner.
Jon55

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:59 pm

Jon55 wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Jon55 wrote:

Are you a bit soft?

I must be ... I was mainly friends with his wife but she sadly died so he decided to get rid of me even though I was his partner.

Well that’s a shame but business is cut-throat, it’s not really the same as a friendship. Networking isn’t making friends it’s making contacts who will be useful in some way.

Cameron has thrown the Queen under the bus! :kinell:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Jon55 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:52 pm

Jon55

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:00 pm

He shouldn’t be putting her in that position, cowardly Tory, hope she boots his fat arse.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Jon55 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:03 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:He shouldn’t be putting her in that position, cowardly Tory, hope she boots his fat arse.

She won't do anything and he doesn't care because he is a millionaire as is Boris - politics are just a hobby for these rich men.
Jon55

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:09 pm

Jon55 wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:He shouldn’t be putting her in that position, cowardly Tory, hope she boots his fat arse.

She won't do anything and he doesn't care because he is a millionaire as is Boris - politics are just a hobby for these rich men.

Yes, you can tell by him using now to tell his story and get his photo/lies out there. Does he have a book to sell or something?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Jon55 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:24 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Jon55 wrote:

Yes, you can tell by him using now to tell his story and get his photo/lies out there. Does he have a book to sell or something?

Money is their god.
Jon55

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:57 pm

Jon55 wrote:

That's really sad. He not only took away your money but your goodness too.

Postby Jon55 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:00 am

Guest wrote:
Jon55 wrote:

That's really sad. He not only took away your money but your goodness too.

What is worse is he now has a another Law firm when he is a crook and owes a lot of people money because he keeps folding his firms and moving on to his create his next company.
Jon55

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs