Wife of US Diplomat kills biker

Wife of US Diplomat kills biker

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:56 pm

This mothers story is heartbreaking and how the US diplomat and his wife have behaved is beneath contempt.

phpBB [video]
Grafenwalder

Re: Wife of US Diplomat kills biker

Postby Stooo » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:59 pm

We have a special relationship with the US. her extradition will be ten minutes of paperwork.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:30 pm

Stooo wrote:We have a special relationship with the US. her extradition will be ten minutes of paperwork.

The US Embassy are saying 'rarely waived'.
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:36 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Stooo wrote:We have a special relationship with the US. her extradition will be ten minutes of paperwork.

The US Embassy are saying 'rarely waived'.

They are our friends, this sort of thing is mere procedure.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:41 pm

They'd better sort it. That's just horrible - I don't know why immunity should cover killing someone.
Raggamuffin

Postby Stooo » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:They'd better sort it. That's just horrible - I don't know why immunity should cover killing someone.

Of course they will, she deserves a trial in order to put her case. The Americans are our friends and will make sure that justice is served :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:47 pm

Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:They'd better sort it. That's just horrible - I don't know why immunity should cover killing someone.

Of course they will, she deserves a trial in order to put her case. The Americans are our friends and will make sure that justice is served :thumbsup:

No they won't.

I hope someone names this woman. How does she sleep at night?
Raggamuffin

Postby Stooo » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:52 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:

No they won't.

I hope someone names this woman. How does she sleep at night?

We are constantly told that we have a special relationship with the US, they will extradite her.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:59 am

There is absolutely no chance of her ever returning to the UK.

She will have been advised by her lawyer that the safest thing for her would be to return home, as the US never extradite their own.

And that's it. We can moan all we want about 'justice' but diplomatic immunity applies as much to our own diplomats and families in other countries as it does to theirs here.

There are dozens of cases in London alone which have had to be closed due to claiming of DI, it's the price we pay to protect our representatives abroad.
Cannydc

Postby MungoBrush » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:18 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I hope someone names this woman. How does she sleep at night?

Her name is Anne Sacoolas - she is a mother of 3 apparently
And if her immunity doesn't get waived, Boris says he is going to raise it with Trump.
She needs to face up to the consequences of her actions.
Attachments
0_Anne-Sacoolas.jpg
MungoBrush

Postby Cannydc » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:24 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I hope someone names this woman. How does she sleep at night?

Her name is Anne Sacoolas - she is a mother of 3 apparently
And if her immunity doesn't get waived, Boris says he is going to raise it with Trump.
She needs to face up to the consequences of her actions.

She doesn't need to face any consequences, and she won't. Moaning about it won't change simple facts.

She will have been advised in no uncertain terms to bury any moral uncertainties - her coming here to face justice won't bring the poor kid back.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:39 pm

Someone from the Libyan Embassy shot dead a woman police officer in London some time ago. Diplomatic Immunity covered them. There has been a lot of criminal activity that has been done under Diplomatic Immunity - although when discovered the diplomatic is expected to leave Britain immediately. These things happen and there is no point in the media forcing Governments into action - which is sort of what they can do (sometimes) in countries where media publicity is key in who gets elected.

Postby MungoBrush » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:12 pm

Cannydc wrote:There are dozens of cases in London alone which have had to be closed due to claiming of DI, it's the price we pay to protect our representatives abroad.

This is garbage Cannydc
Once again - you need to get some actual facts.

In 2017, there were just 12 serious cases in total
5 of these were driving related.

https://www.parliament.uk/business/publ ... /HCWS1197/

And it's not just "the price we pay"
It's a Geneva Convention dating from 1961 that we honour.

Get your facts right.
MungoBrush

Postby Cannydc » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:32 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:There are dozens of cases in London alone which have had to be closed due to claiming of DI, it's the price we pay to protect our representatives abroad.

This is garbage Cannydc
Once again - you need to get some actual facts.

In 2017, there were just 12 serious cases in total
5 of these were driving related.

https://www.parliament.uk/business/publ ... /HCWS1197/

And it's not just "the price we pay"
It's a Geneva Convention dating from 1961 that we honour.

Get your facts right.

I actually used the very words of a police chief on TV news this morning, "There are dozens of cases in London alone which have had to be closed due to claiming of DI"

Nothing you have said has actually refuted that, as first of all there was no time period quoted, nor severity of alleged crimes mentioned.

And abiding by the Geneva Convention conferring diplomatic immunity to foreign diplomats and their families in the UK is absolutely the price we pay to ensure similar protection for our diplomats and their families when serving abroad.

Surely even the simplest minds 'get' that equation?
Cannydc

Postby Grafenwalder » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:36 pm

Immunity waived or not, how this woman who is a mother herself can live with her conscience is beyond me. Reading through the comments on that news clip i noticed some were from US posters who expressed disgust one of their own citizens could behave in such a cruel and selfish manner.

What sickened me more was it became obvious planning went into this as when police interviewed her they specifically asked if she had any intention of leaving the UK and she replied that they were not. Infact she'd already registered her children at a local school.
Grafenwalder

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs