How worried should you really be about China virus

How worried should you really be about China virus

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:05 am

A mystery virus - previously unknown to science - is causing severe lung disease in the Chinese city of Wuhan and has been detected in two other countries.

Two people are known to have died from the virus, which appeared in the city in December.

There are nearly 50 confirmed cases of the virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.

A new virus arriving on the scene, leaving patients with pneumonia, is always a worry and health officials around the world are on high alert.

But is this a brief here-today-gone-tomorrow outbreak or the first sign of something far more dangerous?

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51048366

While we await CTnuts telling us this is all a plot by the CIA and the Deep State, possibly aimed at discrediting the Russians and assassinating Donald Trump, the truth is that new virus come around every year and a fair proportion of them come from China - which isn't to say there's no risk but it does say there's probably no conspiracy.

By all appearance this is a form of viral pneumonia not dissimilar to the coronavirus and I would estimate that in the several months it will take for the virus to work it's way Westwards a vaccine will be found (or if you're a CTnut Big Pharma will release the vaccine that it created alongside the virus, whatever). From what we've seen so far while the illness is very unpleasant the mortality rate from this virus isn't excessive - around 1.5% - up until now. As with most viruses once you've got it you're stuck with it for the duration so vaccination will be your best option to avoid it.

I write this ahead of all the scare stories and look forward to the shrieking hysteria blaming immigrants, the EU and the death of Princess Diana that will be the same story in the Daily Express shortly
Cactus Jack

Re: How worried should you really be about China virus

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:12 am

Yes, the link I gave on another thread showing a map of gang activity also had a map of recent disease outbreaks. 'Mystery virus' in China was one.

Many of these viruses originate from their poor animal husbandry and close proximity to those animals (Avian flu being a good example).

Also worth noting that they have a virus killing off millions of pigs which will put up pork prices as they corner the world market - the first human cases should soon appear.

http://outbreaks.globalincidentmap.com/
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:37 pm

The official advice is to wash your hands after handling livestock on a street stall in China.

I'm not that worried.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:51 am

Stooo wrote:The official advice is to wash your hands after handling livestock on a street stall in China.

I'm not that worried.

Come on Stoo put your best 'Daily Mail' slant on the story.

Or try to channel your inner 'Fletch'
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:13 am

Cactus Jack wrote:... While we await CTnuts telling us this is all a plot by the CIA and the Deep State, possibly aimed at discrediting the Russians and assassinating Donald Trump, the truth is... if you're a CTnut Big Pharma will release the vaccine that it created alongside the virus... I write this ahead of all the scare stories and look forward to the shrieking hysteria blaming immigrants, the EU and the death of Princess Diana...

You truly are the truth-speaker who has it all figured out. I await news of this virus you speak about, but of course, the greater danger lies with the CTnuts who are amongst us. We must all be vigilant.

Postby guest » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:23 am

Hi, thanks for the link. I would be grateful if you could tell me something about this site and how it compiles its data - or provide a link that explains this. At first glance it seems impressive - graphics etc.

Postby Cannydc » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:43 am

guest wrote:

Hi, thanks for the link. I would be grateful if you could tell me something about this site and how it compiles its data - or provide a link that explains this. At first glance it seems impressive - graphics etc.

Sorry, no. I have no idea how they compile data, but there's every likelihood that most is from news either printed or TV.

Earthquake data is different, it is shared and broadcast worldwide.
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:45 am

Cannydc wrote:
guest wrote:

Sorry, no. I have no idea how they compile data, but there's every likelihood that most is from news either printed or TV.

Earthquake data is different, it is shared and broadcast worldwide.

Googling WRTAC OPEN SOURCE BRIEF might help though.
Cannydc

Postby calitom » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:29 pm

these things are usually hyped by the press..just like ebola is /was.
but new strains of viruses encouraged by over vaccination(w/problems with adjuvents etc ) is something that needs attention
calitom

Postby Snookerballs » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:33 am

The Chinese New Year is almost upon us, Hundreds if not thousands of Chinese in this Country and across the World will be returning home for the month to celebrate their new year with family it just needs one to return with the virus to cause an epidemic.
The world is a smaller place these days .
Snookerballs

Postby Cannydc » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:09 am

calitom wrote:these things are usually hyped by the press..just like ebola is /was.
but new strains of viruses encouraged by over vaccination(w/problems with adjuvents etc ) is something that needs attention

They generally don't.

Only idiotic anti-vaxxers use such silly excuses not to have their kids protected from even the most basic diseases.
Cannydc

Postby MungoBrush » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:53 am

I have it on good authority that this virus was brought back from the moon 50 years ago by Neil Armstrong and has been stored in containment only for release in the event of a trade war with China.
MungoBrush

Postby Major » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:18 am

MungoBrush wrote:I have it on good authority that this virus was brought back from the moon 50 years ago by Neil Armstrong and has been stored in containment only for release in the event of a trade war with China.

Who or what is your "good authority"???????????????
Major
Twat.

Postby Cannydc » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:33 am

Snookerballs wrote:The Chinese New Year is almost upon us, Hundreds if not thousands of Chinese in this Country and across the World will be returning home for the month to celebrate their new year with family it just needs one to return with the virus to cause an epidemic.
The world is a smaller place these days .

Business people

Tourists

Students

Quite a long list really. But hey, we had SARS, Bird Flu etc. etc. - such is the cycle of viral epidemics.
Cannydc

Postby LordRaven » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:10 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
A mystery virus - previously unknown to science - is causing severe lung disease in the Chinese city of Wuhan and has been detected in two other countries.

Two people are known to have died from the virus, which appeared in the city in December.

There are nearly 50 confirmed cases of the virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.

A new virus arriving on the scene, leaving patients with pneumonia, is always a worry and health officials around the world are on high alert.

But is this a brief here-today-gone-tomorrow outbreak or the first sign of something far more dangerous?

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51048366

While we await CTnuts telling us this is all a plot by the CIA and the Deep State, possibly aimed at discrediting the Russians and assassinating Donald Trump, the truth is that new virus come around every year and a fair proportion of them come from China - which isn't to say there's no risk but it does say there's probably no conspiracy.

By all appearance this is a form of viral pneumonia not dissimilar to the coronavirus and I would estimate that in the several months it will take for the virus to work it's way Westwards a vaccine will be found (or if you're a CTnut Big Pharma will release the vaccine that it created alongside the virus, whatever). From what we've seen so far while the illness is very unpleasant the mortality rate from this virus isn't excessive - around 1.5% - up until now. As with most viruses once you've got it you're stuck with it for the duration so vaccination will be your best option to avoid it.

I write this ahead of all the scare stories and look forward to the shrieking hysteria blaming immigrants, the EU and the death of Princess Diana that will be the same story in the Daily Express shortly

The idea of a pandemic wiping out a huge % of the World's population is a scary one and a very real prospect --as both the Black Death (more than once) and The Spanish Flu showed --but when we look at the SARS virus and only 700 deaths stories like this seem a bit OTT.

However the anti-biotic resistant strains of diseases out there today suggest that we (scientists) need to make some new discoveries and quick too.
LordRaven
Twat.

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs