Brexiteer tweets "this isnt the Brexit i voted for"!!

Re: Brexiteer tweets "this isnt the Brexit i voted for"!!

Postby MungoBrush » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:27 am

Stooo wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
You said

They do not already exist, and indeed they cannot as yet exist because not all of the rule changes have yet been agreed

So what on earth do you think that they are testing?

Everything, FoM is being removed from a former member state, these practices are there to make life a little bit easier after the transition because they have their shit together.

I really don't know how to make this simpler but I'll have just one last go ........

When you land at Kingsford Smith Airport in Sydney there are 2 passport queues. One for Aussies and Kiwis and the other for "all other passports"
Who you land at Schiphol Airport there are 2 passport queues. One for EU passports and the other for "all other passports"

Right now, UK passports are valid as EU passports so we go through the EU line
All that will change on Jan 1st 2021 is that UK passport holders will have to go into the other queue

Do you really think that will require 1 whole year of training and disruption at one on the worlds biggest international airports?

Why can't you just accept that the stupid fucker who did the original tweet just got into the wrong queue?
MungoBrush

Postby LordRaven » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:55 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Stooo wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
You said

They do not already exist, and indeed they cannot as yet exist because not all of the rule changes have yet been agreed

Everything, FoM is being removed from a former member state, these practices are there to make life a little bit easier after the transition because they have their shit together.

I really don't know how to make this simpler but I'll have just one last go ........

When you land at Kingsford Smith Airport in Sydney there are 2 passport queues. One for Aussies and Kiwis and the other for "all other passports"
Who you land at Schiphol Airport there are 2 passport queues. One for EU passports and the other for "all other passports"

All that will change on Jan 1st 2021 is that UK passport holders will have to go into the other queue

Do you really think that will require 1 whole year of training and disruption at one on the worlds biggest international airports?

Why can't you just accept that the stupid fucker who did the original tweet just got into the wrong queue?

Yes! I heard he'd voted Leave :gigglesnshit: Dumb bastard!!!
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:06 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Stooo wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
You said

You probably don't realise but the OP opened up the fact that travel is going to get difficult if you're working less than thirty miles away from home, live in Dover work in Calais perhaps. Want to take your laptop, where's your receipt? This will be implemented during the implementation period and is perfectly legal in international law which of course you know about :smilin:

UK citizens will be moved to international lines of entry into the EU by individual country's diplomatic standing with the UK during this period. Third country, people's lives got harder.

We are agreed that the bloke in the vid who voted brexit is a fucking idiot though, there's a bit of unity for you :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:17 pm

Cactus Jack

Postby MungoBrush » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:01 pm

Stooo wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Stooo wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
You said

You probably don't realise but the OP opened up the fact that travel is going to get difficult if you're working less than thirty miles away from home, live in Dover work in Calais perhaps. Want to take your laptop, where's your receipt? This will be implemented during the implementation period and is perfectly legal in international law which of course you know about :smilin:

UK citizens will be moved to international lines of entry into the EU by individual country's diplomatic standing with the UK during this period. Third country, people's lives got harder.

We are agreed that the bloke in the vid who voted brexit is a fucking idiot though, there's a bit of unity for you :thumbsup:

You are probably right
Those Dutch might be working up a new process with a special passport queue for all the whinging poms with blue passports
They are going to call it the "far queue"
MungoBrush

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:31 pm

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:12 pm

At Málaga airport they let me through the normal passport queue. A relief. The EU citizens’ queue. My first flight after THAT date. Exit day. The guy at the passport desk said we could continue to use that line all this year, apart from odd days where they would “trial” sending us through the other queue, just to check that it’ll all work smoothly. Landing at Bournemouth nothing had changed, but then it is only a portakabin-style arrivals hall, nothing very high-security.

In the press they insist that nothing has changed. Some so-called journalists even state dogmatically that we haven’t actually left yet. They are clearly wrong. But so are the ones who say that nothing has changed yet, and that everything stays the same until December 31st. They are wrong too.

https://tamaraessexspanishblog.wordpres ... s-changed/

:header:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:41 am

Stooo wrote:
At Málaga airport they let me through the normal passport queue. A relief. The EU citizens’ queue. My first flight after THAT date. Exit day. The guy at the passport desk said we could continue to use that line all this year, apart from odd days where they would “trial” sending us through the other queue, just to check that it’ll all work smoothly. Landing at Bournemouth nothing had changed, but then it is only a portakabin-style arrivals hall, nothing very high-security.

In the press they insist that nothing has changed. Some so-called journalists even state dogmatically that we haven’t actually left yet. They are clearly wrong. But so are the ones who say that nothing has changed yet, and that everything stays the same until December 31st. They are wrong too.

https://tamaraessexspanishblog.wordpres ... s-changed/

:header:

It's the same everywhere.

Some colleges are being asked to run financial health checks to see what the effect of closing off entry to EU students might be and by and large they're pretty catastrophic. Which is why Boris has pledged money to support Colleges after they have been systematically starved of cash for the past ten years.
Cactus Jack

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs