MANY BOGOF DEALS TO BE BANNED

Re: MANY BOGOF DEALS TO BE BANNED

Postby drum » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:36 am

Cannydc wrote:
drum wrote:I got 2 double deckers for a £1 today , checked the dates cos I thought they might be short but no, genuine offer. I'll munch them after.

It's been years since I had a Double Decker. Straight out of the fridge on a hot day, yum. But I'm currently avoiding all sweets, puds etc - Bodger says I should lose weight. Two weeks eating normal meals (no biscuits etc), minus just over 3kgs, half a stone. Lets see how long I can keep that up!

Well done. I don't eat a lot of junk food, but I like a chocolate of some sort now and again. I wouldn't have bought them if they weren't 2 furra pound.
drum

Postby xtras1 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:39 am

drum wrote:One of my friends who is diabetic, she gave birth to a son with diabetes , both type 1. It was through her I learned how to track calories and carbs. When our kids were small we'd go and get a breakfast every Friday and she had to do a pin prick test to check what she could and couldn't eat at that time. Another lady I knew, also type 1, she just didn't look after herself and died before she was 30 :shake head: she was out drinking, got home and passed out into a diabetic coma... gone. 5 little kids she left. :shake head:

how sad! no age at all :(
xtras1

Postby xtras1 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:40 am

ArchieG wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
drum wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:When people talk about "healthy" diets, they generally mean low in calories. It's the body fat which results from too many calories which is the main problem.

Mind you, nuts are horrifically high in calories, and are supposed to be healthy. :ooer:

Some nuts are good, like almonds. oily nuts are bad, like brazils and peanuts. I like peanuts and walnuts :roll: :mrgreen:

Also a walnuts fan, a great way to replenish zinc lost with frequent ejaculations.

(Each ejaculation contains around 3% of recommended daily intake)

Sorry, Canny, are you telling is you wank 33 times a day :laughing:

:gigglesnshit:
xtras1

Postby drum » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:41 am

xtras1 wrote:
drum wrote:One of my friends who is diabetic, she gave birth to a son with diabetes , both type 1. It was through her I learned how to track calories and carbs. When our kids were small we'd go and get a breakfast every Friday and she had to do a pin prick test to check what she could and couldn't eat at that time. Another lady I knew, also type 1, she just didn't look after herself and died before she was 30 :shake head: she was out drinking, got home and passed out into a diabetic coma... gone. 5 little kids she left. :shake head:

20 years ago but I never forgot that. Was a shock for the town at the time.
drum

Postby xtras1 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:46 am

drum wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

20 years ago but I never forgot that. Was a shock for the town at the time.

it really is a serious condition, i dread when the girl i look after has a Hypo! that has happened a few times. so strange i haven't seen the girl since March it has like all my training has gone out of the window, we have one booked for September thank goodness as she will have the pump.
xtras1

Postby .SF. » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:10 am

There are plenty of people successfully managing the condition including people on here, maybe think twice before posting the gloom and doom stuff, it isn't very helpful - and it's somewhat thoughtless.
.SF.

Postby Raggamuffin » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:12 am

There's a big difference between Type 1 and Type 2. Type 2 can be treated by patients themselves - by losing their fat arses and beer bellies.
Raggamuffin

Postby xtras1 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:14 am

.SF. wrote:There are plenty of people successfully managing the condition including people on here, maybe think twice before posting the gloom and doom stuff, it isn't very helpful - and it's somewhat thoughtless.

don't exaggerate we have posted nothing but positive stuff regarding diabetes, one mention of a death is all.
xtras1

Postby drum » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:21 am

.SF. wrote:There are plenty of people successfully managing the condition including people on here, maybe think twice before posting the gloom and doom stuff, it isn't very helpful - and it's somewhat thoughtless.

Apologies.
drum

Postby xtras1 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:24 am

drum wrote:

Apologies.

i now know what SF stands for, sensitive fucker! :snooty:
xtras1

Postby Raggamuffin » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:28 am

It is known, or at least theorized, that excess body fat creates extra inflammation. It's known that if some people catch an infection like SARS2 they may well have an OTT immune reaction - a cytokine storm - which can be very nasty indeed. Therefore, not being a fat git will reduce the chances of that.
Raggamuffin

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It is known, or at least theorized, that excess body fat creates extra inflammation. It's known that if some people catch an infection like SARS2 they may well have an OTT immune reaction - a cytokine storm - which can be very nasty indeed. Therefore, not being a fat git will reduce the chances of that.

What about chain smoking?

Postby drum » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:10 pm

Guest wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:It is known, or at least theorized, that excess body fat creates extra inflammation. It's known that if some people catch an infection like SARS2 they may well have an OTT immune reaction - a cytokine storm - which can be very nasty indeed. Therefore, not being a fat git will reduce the chances of that.

No bogofs on them anymore.
drum

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:20 pm

Guest wrote:

Simply put the healthier you are before you get Covid19 the better the chances that you will survive covid19, this goes across all ages, all races and even for those with other co-mobidities.

As it looks like we're in this for a very long haul this means that any smoker can dramatically improve their survival chances by quitting smoking now - today. The longer you have given up the better it will be if and when you contract covid19.
Cactus Jack

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs