SHOULD AMERICA INTERFERE WITH UK POLITICS

Re: SHOULD AMERICA INTERFERE WITH UK POLITICS

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:32 pm

Or if he uses the only way he can to get out of this ask the Unionist in Northern Ireland.

There is a way for Bodger to escape from this corner he has painted himself into. He could please the USA, America, Ireland and slightly less than one half of the people in Northern Ireland.

He can give up British sovereignty over Northern Ireland, and it's something he could do unilaterly. He couldn't change the governance arrangements, that's still protected by the GFA but by giving up the claims of the British government he would effectively make Northern Ireland an independent outside of the EU and outside of the UK, as long as it still has the Queen still as head of state he stays within the precise wording of the treaty.

The only people he promised he wouldn't do that are the Unionists and members of his own party.
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:16 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:I'm pretty confident few if any voted thinking about Obama and his words.

Tell someone they are too weak to stand on their own two feet and get ready to join the back of the queue only causes resentment.
Newton's 3rd law applies.
Hence the collapse of the red wall.
Brits don't like Johnny Foreigner threatening them.
If you deny that then you don't understand human nature.

So what you're saying is the British people are fundamentally stupid and dishonest.

I'll agree the Treaty of Limmerick stands as testiment in history to the fact English promises aren't worth spit

You and others on here have done nothing but call British people stupid since over half of them voted for Brexit twice and won both times. Did you forget that?

You've even got that idiot canny droning on about chlorinated chicken again like it's the only thing that matters.

He's not calling the English stupid, he's calling them liars who can't stick to an agreement.

Given that Boris Johnson lied and is not sticking the agreement the point is hard to argue against, which is probably why you needed to introduce a strawman and ad hominem.

It stands to reason that any hope we had of progress in trade talks or even continuity agreements with our non-EU partners must have taken a huge knock if the world is seeing the UK renege on agreements it entered into freely within the first year.

Read his post again, he does call the British stupid. Funny how you couldn't see that :dunno:

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:38 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Tell someone they are too weak to stand on their own two feet and get ready to join the back of the queue only causes resentment.
Newton's 3rd law applies.
Hence the collapse of the red wall.
Brits don't like Johnny Foreigner threatening them.
If you deny that then you don't understand human nature.

So what you're saying is the British people are fundamentally stupid and dishonest.

I'll agree the Treaty of Limmerick stands as testiment in history to the fact English promises aren't worth spit

You and others on here have done nothing but call British people stupid since over half of them voted for Brexit twice and won both times. Did you forget that?

You've even got that idiot canny droning on about chlorinated chicken again like it's the only thing that matters.

He's not calling the English stupid, he's calling them liars who can't stick to an agreement.

Given that Boris Johnson lied and is not sticking the agreement the point is hard to argue against, which is probably why you needed to introduce a strawman and ad hominem.

It stands to reason that any hope we had of progress in trade talks or even continuity agreements with our non-EU partners must have taken a huge knock if the world is seeing the UK renege on agreements it entered into freely within the first year.

Read his post again, he does call the British stupid. Funny how you couldn't see that :dunno:

You read it again - I state my belief that Raven is calling the British stupid.

I agree that they're dishonest and evidence that belief with one of the many instances where the English have made agreements and treaties only to renege on their commitments.

As an Irishman I go to the Treaty of Limmerick in 1691 whereas a person from former Czechoslovakia might think about Munich 1938. The outcome is the same - the English don't keep promises.
Cactus Jack

Postby Raggamuffin » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:36 am

Cactus Jack wrote:You read it again - I state my belief that Raven is calling the British stupid.

I agree that they're dishonest and evidence that belief with one of the many instances where the English have made agreements and treaties only to renege on their commitments.

As an Irishman I go to the Treaty of Limmerick in 1691 whereas a person from former Czechoslovakia might think about Munich 1938. The outcome is the same - the English don't keep promises.

You think that all Irish people are honest, and that all English people are not? Talk about generalising.
Raggamuffin

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:32 pm

Trump has now issued the same warning

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/b ... d=msedgntp

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:13 pm

Guest wrote:Trump has now issued the same warning

But, sovereignty. The state aid rules that the UK is banging on about in the continuing tantrum against the EU are actually harsher in the proposed Japan deal, Hitachi has buggered off with their atomic power plants as well.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:50 pm

Stooo wrote:

But, sovereignty. The state aid rules that the UK is banging on about in the continuing tantrum against the EU are actually harsher in the proposed Japan deal, Hitachi has buggered off with their atomic power plants as well.

Yeah the people of Anglesey are devastated.
When Wylfa closed that was all the best paid jobs on the island gone which was a round a thousand people I think and of course there's then the knock on effects to other businesses.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:53 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Yeah the people of Anglesey are devastated.
When Wylfa closed that was all the best paid jobs on the island gone which was a round a thousand people I think and of course there's then the knock on effects to other businesses.

Kid at Uni studying Nuclear Science for no reason now...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:11 pm

Trump thinks he has the Irish Catholic vote on the abortion question but even he knows he can easily lose it if he is seen to support Britain against Ireland.

Whether it's true or not the EU has managed to make the British look like they're trying to bully the Irish, Trump cannot afford to lose the Irish Vote in key swing states like Pennsylvania and Michigan
Cactus Jack

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs