Policeman Shot & Killed In Croydon

Re: Policeman Shot & Killed In Croydon

Postby Cannydc » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Cannydc wrote:You didn't quite get to line 3 of my 3 line post, which read

It popped up on my Twitter feed, with many, many complaints in the comments, but I can't find anything like it via Google images.

I wasn't entirely sure why there were numerous complaints about it being far-right imagery, especially as I could find no images.

To answer your second point, as far as I am aware every single BLM protest in the whole of the UK (there were dozens) was completely peaceful, with one exception. I would put it to you that you are using the exception to prove your rule, that BLM in the UK are violent and promote violence. They aren't, and they don't.

What has you not being able to find an image link got to do with the 'far right emblem' nonsense you wrote? So because you couldn't find a link means you're somehow exonerated from writing that drivel about 'deliberate idiocy by the police' and 'of course, the right deny all knowledge'.?

It just shows that you were inept on two counts instead of one. To repeat, the emblem is from a registered charity.

I've posted numerous clips of violence at BLM demos. Many were in London, but possibly from the same event. But we know the statue was taken down in Bristol - so that's at least two BLM events that had violence and vandalism.

Anarchists like you will support them whatever they do.

There was no violence at the Bristol protest and again you're disrespecting the memory of Matt Ratana to drag things onto a purely racist agenda.

Are you doing that because Matt Ratana wasn't White?

There would have been violence if the police had stopped them pulling that statue down. In any case, pulling down a statue isn't exactly "peaceful".

It was entirely peaceful - in fact, everyone stood and cheered. As for "there would have been violence..." nonsense, how do you know?

And there has been no violence at a single BLM protest across the entire country, London apart - and from what I saw even that was started by RW activists 'counter protesting'.
Cannydc

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:21 pm

Cannydc wrote:
It was entirely peaceful - in fact, everyone stood and cheered. As for "there would have been violence..." nonsense, how do you know?

And there has been no violence at a single BLM protest across the entire country, London apart - and from what I saw even that was started by RW activists 'counter protesting'.

Of course there would have been violence if the police had stopped them pulling down that statue. There was nobody for them to fight with - that's why it was "peaceful". As I said, pulling down a statue isn't peaceful anyway.

The police were too lenient with the BLM lot IMO.
Raggamuffin

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:23 pm

Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Does Red support the anti-maskers then?

Did that man really ask the police why they were attacking the protesters?

Stooo thinks anyone who isn't an ethnic minority, or is dressed like a clown in blue and yellow, is part of 'my lot', and that we all look and think the same.

Just let him get on with it - there is no reasoning with someone who thinks we're under curfew because the pubs are shutting an hour early LoL

It was actually a guest who said that. :gigglesnshit:

Are these anti-maskers/anti-vaxxers/anti-lockdown idiots right or left wing? I'm afraid I've lost track.

They tend to be RW. The BUF flag was shown at a demo earlier in October.

One flag? Oh, they must be RW then. :again?:
Raggamuffin

Postby Dean » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:25 pm

:gigglesnshit:
Dean

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Does Red support the anti-maskers then?

Did that man really ask the police why they were attacking the protesters?

Stooo thinks anyone who isn't an ethnic minority, or is dressed like a clown in blue and yellow, is part of 'my lot', and that we all look and think the same.

Just let him get on with it - there is no reasoning with someone who thinks we're under curfew because the pubs are shutting an hour early LoL

Are these anti-maskers/anti-vaxxers/anti-lockdown idiots right or left wing? I'm afraid I've lost track.

They tend to be RW. The BUF flag was shown at a demo earlier in October.

One flag? Oh, they must be RW then. :again?:

There's always the short film that I posted let alone the two familiar faces that I also posted.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:41 pm

Stooo wrote:
There's always the short film that I posted let alone the two familiar faces that I also posted.

Two right wingers! Must be a RW protest then. :again?:
Raggamuffin

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Oh do grow up.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:47 pm

Stooo wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Stooo refers to any white person who isn't a lefty or Remainer as 'my lot' all the time.

He also guest posts.

Can you not answer?

Good grief the Scamdemic woman is utterly deranged. No wonder Red is a follower.
Cactus Jack

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:49 pm

Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Oh do grow up.

You're the one making childish claims.
Raggamuffin

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:53 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Oh do grow up.

Carrying your own double standard into battle?

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:54 pm

Anyway, there shouldn't be any protests. I really don't know why protests are exempt from the rule of six, except that it's clearly an attempt to show that we have "free speech" here. Protests have to be "Covid secure", but it stands to reason that a protest in Trafalgar Square is not going to involve any kind of social distancing, so what's the point in allowing it in the first place?
Raggamuffin

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Oh do grow up.

Do I have to go all René on you? :roll:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Text » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:12 pm

Guest wrote:I know you have total bias in your thinking but don’t you find it strange how the reaction to certain deaths bring out different reactions from both the British public and British press?
A career criminal high on drugs whom we have never heard of gets killed in custody, he was handcuffed and presented no threat, by a racist policeman in America and what follows is a worldwide movement, demonstrations with statues and monuments being attacked and our own national broadcasting company, many politicians and the london mayor backing this lawlessness. Furthermore the movement they are backing wants to defund the police.
Now we have had a policeman on duty in a role of protecting the public killed by a career criminal from the BAME community but nobody’s allowed to say anything, there are no marches in favour of the police, keeping our streets safer or any demands to increase police presence to keep us safer. The police we know are now at greater risk because the underlying message is anti police and pro criminal.
All this against a backdrop of increasing deaths through knife crime getting out of control that’s hardly reported because nobody wants to appear racist when we all know what’s going on. Black lives only matter when blacks aren’t stabbing each other to death in drug wars, those deaths are barely reported but there are families grieving who get no justice because everyone seems frightened of saying anything about it. How does that help victims families?
If all lives mattered equally there would be unbiased reporting on all matters.

You actually made some good points but you ruined your post with LAZY glib inaccuracies and lazy casual stereotyping. :roll:

"career criminal" ?? - he turned his life around but, like so many others he lost his regular jobs when the pandemic struck and fell back into bad ways.

"high on drugs" - no higher than certain members of government (past & present) were, in their previous lives. Thru frank admissions plus anecdotal evidence we know that many dabbled - Cameron was nearly kicked out of his posh school for this. Osborne, Gove, Bozza - they've all been at it. :thumbsup:

And it is beyond ridiculous to pretend that the Gorge Floyd killing was the ONE solitary incident that caused the wave of protests.
His killing did trigger seismic shock waves all over the world.

But it was just the tip of the iceberg, ..... and the final straw.
There were already many sporadic protests all over the USA att, but the GF killing conveniently unified them all under a common course and sparked a new lease of life into the BLM
Text

Postby Text » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Guest wrote:" ......, there are no marches in favour of the police, ....."

The killing of this police officer is very tragic, and it's monstrously unfair on him and his grieving family.
But why would anyone take to the streets to demonstrate about it? :scratch: :dunno:

Tho any British cop death is one too many, the sum total of such deaths is a tiny, tiny drop in the ocean compared to the killings that the BLM hold protests for.
Their protests were all about people being killed every 5 minutes, often on the slightest pretext, by trigger happy cops

- and keep in mind that some American cops are criminals themselves, the system over there isn't too fussy about whom it recruits into its police ranks. :thumbsup:
Text

Postby Text » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:30 pm

Cannydc wrote:
I know you have total bias in your thinking but don’t you find it strange how the reaction to certain deaths bring out different reactions from both the British public and British press?
A career criminal high on drugs whom we have never heard of gets killed in custody, he was handcuffed and presented no threat, by a racist policeman in America and what follows is a worldwide movement, demonstrations with statues and monuments being attacked and our own national broadcasting company, many politicians and the london mayor backing this lawlessness. Furthermore the movement they are backing wants to defund the police.
Now we have had a policeman on duty in a role of protecting the public killed by a career criminal from the BAME community but nobody’s allowed to say anything, there are no marches in favour of the police, keeping our streets safer or any demands to increase police presence to keep us safer. The police we know are now at greater risk because the underlying message is anti police and pro criminal.
All this against a backdrop of increasing deaths through knife crime getting out of control that’s hardly reported because nobody wants to appear racist when we all know what’s going on. Black lives only matter when blacks aren’t stabbing each other to death in drug wars, those deaths are barely reported but there are families grieving who get no justice because everyone seems frightened of saying anything about it. How does that help victims families?
If all lives mattered equally there would be unbiased reporting on all matters

The two occurrences are simply not related, your efforts to conflate them are amusing and rather typical of right wing thinking.

The shooting of the UK PC was tragic, was front page news all over and elicited sympathy from all. What would a march achieve, exactly? And stabbings have been all over the press like a rash.

The killing of one black person in America was symbolic of all that is wrong with both policing and race relations there - sadly it is obvious to all that the same discrimination and lack of appreciation of it is also happening here. Hence when the BLM movement caught fire there, the same was bound to happen here.

That you are against BLM is obvious - but to be against it in the UK, where aims are far removed from those of BLM in the UK, is simply to stand up for more racism and discrimination.

QFT, Cannydc! :thumbsup:

Some of the pathetic tactics people on forums use to win arguments, amounts to 'false equivalency'. IE people using whataboutery and comparing A with B when in fact they are not remotely comparable, neither in nature nor magnitude.
Text

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs