Coronavirus Thread Part 3

Quebec will send infected health care workers back to work.

Postby Maddog » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:38 pm

Dubé made the announcement on Tuesday in Montreal as the province faces a surge in cases fuelled by the Omicron variant and a rapid increase in hospitalizations.

“We’re stuck in a vice where hospitalizations are increasing and more and more health workers have to take time off. In other words, we have more and more sick people and less and less people left to take care of them.”

Dubé said that last week 4,000 health workers were absent because of COVID-19 and that number jumped to 7,000 on Tuesday as hospitalizations topped 702, including 115 patients in intensive care units.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8476807/queb ... d-to-work/

In other news, the CDC here has lowered the isolation period to 5 days here, as long as you're asymptomatic.

I imagine hospitals are still requiring 10 days from the first symptom, but that could change here, if we run short of staff.
Maddog

Re: Coronavirus Thread Part 3

Postby ArchieG » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:54 pm

Maddog wrote:
ArchieG wrote:Ok then, Chairman Jack, what are your thoughts? The purpose of locking down, unless you are a totalitarian state, is to kick the can down the road for a vaccine, or to slow things down so that your health system can cope. We have a vaccine, we will no doubt have more targetted ones very soon, and our health system is coping. What next? The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Old and sick people die, sad fact. I should know, I have no parents left. Locking down, or any other strict health measures that intrude into peoples lives are not going to ‘save’ anyone, we’ll just kill them later, when measures are eased. We are in the realm of living with it. We’ve just forgotten how to die, since so many live to 90 plus as a matter of course.

This seems to be the prevailing wisdom here. We are done kicking that can. At least in terms of lockdowns. Biden is using whatever power he has to force some Americans into getting a vaccine or losing their jobs. Beyond that, he's leaving it up to each state, and it appears even the most "protective" of that lot is done kicking.

The plan now is to let this thing run its course while providing vaccines on every street corner for those that want to make this illness a little easier on them.

It’s the only workable plan. Going harder earlier just kicks the can earlier. Open up and you're fucked. Might as well, as Confucius said, lie back and think of your country.
ArchieG

Postby Maddog » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:33 pm

phpBB [video]

VP candidate Spike Cohen lays out Biden's position pretty well in the first 3 minutes of this video..
Maddog

Re: Quebec will send infected health care workers back to work.

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:34 pm

And this isn't on the main covid thread because?
Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:46 pm

Let's all try our hand at maths once again.

You have X cases.

If cases are doubling every two days and you delay taking measures to restrict transmission two days later how many cases will you have?

This isn't about deaths, it isn't about infections and it isn't about capacity and that means you don't need to consider any other than maths. Which is useful for those psychopaths among you who seem to think killing off all the clinically vulnerable people is a good plan. Eugenics lives on for some I guess.

If 11% fewer are going into hospital but you have 100% more cases is that a net gain?

If everyone infected can return to work two days earlier, reducing time lost by just over 25% for each case but you have five times as many cases and therefore five times as many people off work is that a net gain?
Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:30 pm

The Extreme Right are trying to create the narrative the vaccine isn't working.

The vaccine has eliminated the original, Alpha, Delta and Delta+ variants and 'stressed' the virus' development into a less deadly variant.

It has worked and their need to lie should not prevent you from seeing the truth
Cactus Jack

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:36 pm

Just look at these loops. Words fail me. :roll:

Grafenwalder

Postby Maddog » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:28 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:Just look at these loops. Words fail me. :roll:

Why do they care what people put in their bodies?

Busy bodies just wear me out. Worry about what's going in your body and leave everyone else alone.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:46 pm

Maddog wrote:

Busy bodies just wear me out. Worry about what's going in your body and leave everyone else alone.

So can I shoot these people in self defence if I think they're going to come within two metres of me?

Every bit of your reasoning points to that conclusion.

In fact they don't actually have to be unvaccinated. As long as their discourse points to support for people being unvaccinated I can have a reasonable supposition they are unvaccinated and so they pose a danger to my life.

In self defence I should be allowed to shoot them.

What's good enough for Kyle Rittenhouse should be good enough for me.

Which means I can shoot you in self defence - by your own logic.
Cactus Jack

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:13 am

Maddog wrote:

I don't accept people thieving medical supplies and equipment. Hopefully they will be severely punished with harsh sentencing. I don't care if any of the idiots want Covid - as long as once they're infected they stay well away from the public and more importantly, don't expect to take advantage of the healthcare system they've trashed and stolen from.
Grafenwalder

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:39 am

A mother whose unvaccinated daughter died with coronavirus two months after giving birth has said she is "heartbroken" over her death.

Natalie Forshaw, 30, from Burnage, Manchester, decided not to have the jab over fears it might harm her baby.

She gave birth to her son on 3 November but died at Manchester Royal Infirmary on Boxing Day.

Her mother Bernie Wilton said her daughter, who contracted Covid-19 while pregnant, had fought "bravely".

Ms Wilton told the BBC: "At the end of day she fought so hard and that's what I want her to be remembered for."

She said her daughter did not have the coronavirus vaccine because she was worried about her baby's health.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... r-59817276
Cactus Jack

Postby ArchieG » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:09 am

Cactus Jack wrote:The Extreme Right are trying to create the narrative the vaccine isn't working.

The vaccine has eliminated the original, Alpha, Delta and Delta+ variants and 'stressed' the virus' development into a less deadly variant.

It has worked and their need to lie should not prevent you from seeing the truth

The extreme right and extreme left are as bad as each other, just in different ways. Sometimes I feel I’d like the right to shoot them both in self defence. For sure, the internet would be a kinder, gentler place, let alone the real world.
ArchieG

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:29 am

ArchieG wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:The Extreme Right are trying to create the narrative the vaccine isn't working.

The extreme right and extreme left are as bad as each other, just in different ways. Sometimes I feel I’d like the right to shoot them both in self defence. For sure, the internet would be a kinder, gentler place, let alone the real world.

The anti-vaxxers on the extreme left are convinced there are no illnesses and sickness itself is just a profiteering ploy by corporations and those on the right are convinced that being asked to accept the consequences for their actions is 'tryanny'.
Cactus Jack

Postby Raggamuffin » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:10 am

I hope the next time we see that smirking woman is when she's arrested and jailed. That'll wipe the smirk of her face.
Raggamuffin

Postby xtras1 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:52 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

I hope the next time we see that smirking woman is when she's arrested and jailed. That'll wipe the smirk of her face.

WHAT a bunch of halfwits! Seriously. This is beyond being against the vaccine!
I hope that woman is caught!

All the vultures with cameras following her for an exclusive, she can't hide.
xtras1

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs