Coronavirus Thread Part 3

Re: Coronavirus Thread Part 3

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:25 pm

The US smashed yet another global COVID infection record on Thursday when 647,067 new cases were reported - up 26 percent from the day before, when 512,533 new cases were reported

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... y-row.html

As with the UK the probabilities say most of those affected will be lower paid people in customer facing service roles - likely to be getting covid from unmasked customers.

It's possible that some inventive lawyers are right now thinking up ways to sue business owners who did not enforce a mask mandate - which is part of Federal guidance - even in states where there is no mask mandate or where some governors have even ruled against them. Long Haul Covid survivors could end up being a long term cost for some reckless employers.
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:56 am

You can't say that the English Government's response to covid has been inconsistent.

It's always been too little, too late.

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:58 pm

Guest wrote:You can't say that the English Government's response to covid has been inconsistent.

It's always been too little, too late.

That's not true - when it come to removing restrictions it's always too much, too soon.

They thrash between apathy and panic with relentless stupidity never learning from past mistakes.
Cactus Jack

Postby common sense » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:27 pm

Wife''s just tested positive. :yikes: She has sore throat and feels weak. I may get it bad then and die. She got it from her employer, the guy's positive. Told her not to go Wed and yesterday.
common sense

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:44 pm

common sense wrote:Wife''s just tested positive. :yikes: She has sore throat and feels weak. I may get it bad then and die. She got it from her employer, the guy's positive. Told her not to go Wed and yesterday.

Does depression make the symptoms of Covid worse then :ooer:
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:51 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
common sense wrote:Wife''s just tested positive. :yikes: She has sore throat and feels weak. I may get it bad then and die. She got it from her employer, the guy's positive. Told her not to go Wed and yesterday.

I think you're being a tad optimistic here rolls

Postby common sense » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:32 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:

No but being overweight does and I'm 19 stone now and 50 waist. Just ordered new jeans from Big Dude.Com.
common sense

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:45 pm

common sense wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

No but being overweight does and I'm 19 stone now and 50 waist. Just ordered new jeans from Big Dude.Com.

OMG you really are a bowling ball!
Two fingers up your nose thumb up your arse and you really will roll.
I'm overweight but 17 stone at six foot one and a half.
I have heart disease lung disease spinal cord disease a colon full of holes T2 diabetes brain tumours arthritis reoccurring spondylolisthesis and probably more but you know what... I remain active I eat a lot of healthy stuff and some crap and drink whisky.
Still drive still play with grandchildren blah blah and caught Covid and it hardly bothered me.
All you can think is poor old me.
It seems to always be about you.
What if your wife gets it serious and dies... that's you fucked.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby drum » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:37 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
common sense wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

I have heart disease lung disease spinal cord disease a colon full of holes T2 diabetes brain tumours arthritis reoccurring spondylolisthesis and probably more but you know what... I remain active I eat a lot of healthy stuff and some crap and drink whisky.
Still drive still play with grandchildren blah blah and caught Covid and it hardly bothered me.

I'll be surprised if the wife really exists.
drum

Postby common sense » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:16 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
common sense wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

I'm only 5ft 4in though so a very high BMI.

She's isolating in her room and will come down when I go up. That's no good, she should stay there and me take her food. Has an awful cough and aches all over.
common sense

Postby common sense » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:25 am

Can dogs catch it cos Evie sleeps with her? I thought it had gone now. :yikes:
common sense

Postby Holly » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:42 am

common sense wrote:Can dogs catch it cos Evie sleeps with her? I thought it had gone now. :yikes:

I googled it, which you could have done yourself. Apparently the chance of animal to human transmission is very low, so there.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Gabby » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:19 pm

common sense wrote:
I'm 19 stone now and 50 waist. Just ordered new jeans from Big Dude.Com.

I'm only 5ft 4in though so a very high BMI

Good god man, have you got a death wish?? :facepalm:…. do something about it or you won’t see many more years!! :thud:
Gabby

Postby common sense » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:09 pm

Gabby wrote:
common sense wrote:
I'm 19 stone now and 50 waist. Just ordered new jeans from Big Dude.Com.

I'm only 5ft 4in though so a very high BMI

Good god man, have you got a death wish?? :facepalm:…. do something about it or you won’t see many more years!! :thud:

I love my crisps, sweets, chocolate and cider too much to change anything at my age. I can't walk at all now for bad arthritis, confirmed last week by x-ray. Have shopping delivered and dog only gets a walk if wife takes her Fri, Sat. Would hire dog-walker but can't afford it. No painkiller, even prescription only ones, seem to work.

So long as I outlive Evie and she's 9 now I don't care. Have no desire to live any longer without my daughter and without any grandchildren. Life ended for me on 20/4/2018.
Last edited by common sense on Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
common sense

Postby common sense » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:10 pm

Holly wrote:
common sense wrote:Can dogs catch it cos Evie sleeps with her? I thought it had gone now. :yikes:

I googled it, which you could have done yourself. Apparently the chance of animal to human transmission is very low, so there.

Good cos she prefers to be with her for some reason.
common sense

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs