Coronavirus Thread Part 3

Re: Coronavirus Thread Part 3

Postby Maddog » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:13 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:Just look at these loops. Words fail me. :roll:

Why do they care what people put in their bodies?

Busy bodies just wear me out. Worry about what's going in your body and leave everyone else alone.

I don't accept people thieving medical supplies and equipment. Hopefully they will be severely punished with harsh sentencing. I don't care if any of the idiots want Covid - as long as once they're infected they stay well away from the public and more importantly, don't expect to take advantage of the healthcare system they've trashed and stolen from.

Stealing anything shouldn't be accepted.

Of course on the other hand, they are stealing from a system they were forced to contribute to.

So while I don't know why they give a fuck about who gets treated and vaccinated, I can see the civil disobedience behind stealing property from folks who used confiscated funds to purchase these items.

But I don't think these clowns are making a political statement about taxation. They just watched too many youtube videos.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:22 pm

Chinese lockdown rule-breakers are publicly shamed and paraded through the streets carrying placards with their names on in bid to ensure Covid rules are obeyed

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... beyed.html

Meanwhile, over in the fun loving country of China, they don't play.

Some might even say they have the right idea. :dunno:
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:50 pm

Maddog wrote:
Chinese lockdown rule-breakers are publicly shamed and paraded through the streets carrying placards with their names on in bid to ensure Covid rules are obeyed

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... beyed.html

Meanwhile, over in the fun loving country of China, they don't play.

Some might even say they have the right idea. :dunno:

Would you say it?

You tend to show your fascistic tendencies through displacement.
Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:52 pm

Southern has cancelled trains to and from London Victoria for two weeks as a result of pandemic-related staff shortages.

Disruption to rail services has been worsening over the Christmas period while industrial action continues. Southern has now announced that none of its trains will run to or from London Victoria until 10 January owing to “coronavirus isolation and sickness”.

London Victoria is one of the UK’s busiest stations, and is normally connected by Southern to locations such as Brighton, Eastbourne and Portsmouth.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... over-covid

Remember what I said about maths.

Southern trains are a profit making enterprise, they don't employ people as an act of charity they employ people because they need those people to run a train service. Not enough people who aren't sick and you don't get any trains. With daily infection rates projected to get to 250,000 a day within the next week or so we're going to have a problem and as most of those will be customer facing staff - they're the ones most likely to get infected - we're going to have a problem.

Choices have consequences.
Cactus Jack

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:46 pm

Maddog wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Busy bodies just wear me out. Worry about what's going in your body and leave everyone else alone.

I don't accept people thieving medical supplies and equipment. Hopefully they will be severely punished with harsh sentencing. I don't care if any of the idiots want Covid - as long as once they're infected they stay well away from the public and more importantly, don't expect to take advantage of the healthcare system they've trashed and stolen from.

Of course on the other hand, they are stealing from a system they were forced to contribute to.

So while I don't know why they give a fuck about who gets treated and vaccinated, I can see the civil disobedience behind stealing property from folks who used confiscated funds to purchase these items.

But I don't think these clowns are making a political statement about taxation. They just watched too many youtube videos.

The amount we pay in tax toward the NHS is actually quite small and unemployed, which no doubt some of those were, will pay nothing at all. I assume you pay no tax at all on anything?
Grafenwalder

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:50 pm

The vast majority of people here want money taking off them for the NHS.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Maddog » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:11 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:The vast majority of people here want money taking off them for the NHS.

That's fine. That's not really my point. I make a slight distinction when stealing from the government or tearing up their shit. You're stealing shit you sort of already own to some degree. Now obviously you can't go burning down hospitals just because you are forced to pay for them. But I'm far more concerned about theft from people who don't have confiscatory powers over people.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:12 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Maddog wrote:

The amount we pay in tax toward the NHS is actually quite small and unemployed, which no doubt some of those were, will pay nothing at all. I assume you pay no tax at all on anything?

Don't assume things. Just ask.
Maddog

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:49 pm

Maddog wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Maddog wrote:Of course on the other hand, they are stealing from a system they were forced to contribute to.

I don't need to. I already know you do because you ducked the question.
Grafenwalder

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:53 pm

Funny how money for healthcare is 'stolen' and money to given to the corporate elite is 'job creation'

It's just the little lapdog barking to his masters' voice like a good little slave.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:02 am

Grafenwalder wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Maddog wrote:Of course on the other hand, they are stealing from a system they were forced to contribute to.

I don't need to. I already know you do because you ducked the question.

Well, it was a dumb question.

People all over the planet are forced to pay for things. I'm no different.

Sometimes those people get pissed about that and throw a bunch of tea in a harbor.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:27 am

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A 2009 settlement agreement between the late financier Jeffrey Epstein and Virginia Giuffre, which bears directly on Giuffre's civil lawsuit accusing Britain's Prince Andrew of sexual abuse, will be made public early next week.

In a joint order on Wednesday, U.S. District Judges Lewis Kaplan and Loretta Preska in Manhattan ordered the agreement's release on or about Jan. 3, 2022, finding no reason to keep it under seal.

https://news.yahoo.com/epstein-settleme ... gKD4kzkArJ

This might reveal some of the tawdry affairs of Epstein and his buddies. Guess we shall see.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:28 am

Maddog wrote:
NEW YORK (Reuters) - A 2009 settlement agreement between the late financier Jeffrey Epstein and Virginia Giuffre, which bears directly on Giuffre's civil lawsuit accusing Britain's Prince Andrew of sexual abuse, will be made public early next week.

In a joint order on Wednesday, U.S. District Judges Lewis Kaplan and Loretta Preska in Manhattan ordered the agreement's release on or about Jan. 3, 2022, finding no reason to keep it under seal.

https://news.yahoo.com/epstein-settleme ... gKD4kzkArJ

This might reveal some of the tawdry affairs of Epstein and his buddies. Guess we shall see.

Oops. Wrong thread.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:10 am

Over 200,000 cases expected today.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:59 pm

The US smashed yet another global COVID infection record on Thursday when 647,067 new cases were reported - up 26 percent from the day before, when 512,533 new cases were reported

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... y-row.html

Yay team!!! A new fucking record!!!
Maddog

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs