After Brexit

Re: After Brexit

Postby LordRaven » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:25 pm

Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Now now, did I say that? All I did was remark that I feel it rather silly to wish ill upon this country --to mock the twats is different --because I am very concerned that negative attitudes spread like a pervasive stench that adversely affects the population and the country as a whole.

I personally feel this country talked itself into a recession last time around, and I was truly pissed off with it because it killed many and hurt a hell of a lot more.
In my job I have to look on the bright side of life and maintain a positive attitude, even by taking positives out of negatives in order to promote a positive mental attitude.
Success is a state of mind, and any negativity just drags matters down --and hence I cannot agree with any of it.

You're talking bollocks :mrgreen:

Canny is not the problem, the truth is not the problem. Something is though, can you see it yet?

Oh I saw the problem years ago, 4 years ago people had absolutely no idea what they were voting for.

And that is reinforced by their being unable to post a list of the Benefits Of Brexit. Funny that.

Yet we find ourselves, because of all those Turkeys, heading toward a cliff and we cannot stop that happening.

All we can do is make provision to soften the landing, you and Canny wanting to stick needles through the Bouncy Castle down below is unhelpful.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Cannydc » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:29 pm

Stooo wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Simon Perkins
@simonperkins72
·
2 Dec
Replying to
@JohnShirleyLtd
and
@mrjamesob

Absolutely true. EU based haulier told me last week 62% of their booked loads to the UK from 01/01/21 have no driver (normally 100% allocated by now).

Drivers are refusing for fear of long queues. They’re not paid enough for that.

And who can blame them?

The tabloids will, I can smell the headlines...

We all can. It will be all about the blame game. Meanwhile, EU hauliers are asking why they should sit in a huge queue with a fast-spoiling load and earning nothing. Anyone unaware of how bad and how ill prepared we would be should think back to the story entitled "Dominic Raab goes to Dover", and how surprised he was to see that it was a really busy port unhindered by Brexit induced red tape.
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:35 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Now now, did I say that? All I did was remark that I feel it rather silly to wish ill upon this country --to mock the twats is different --because I am very concerned that negative attitudes spread like a pervasive stench that adversely affects the population and the country as a whole.

I personally feel this country talked itself into a recession last time around, and I was truly pissed off with it because it killed many and hurt a hell of a lot more.
In my job I have to look on the bright side of life and maintain a positive attitude, even by taking positives out of negatives in order to promote a positive mental attitude.
Success is a state of mind, and any negativity just drags matters down --and hence I cannot agree with any of it.

You're talking bollocks :mrgreen:

Canny is not the problem, the truth is not the problem. Something is though, can you see it yet?

Oh I saw the problem years ago, 4 years ago people had absolutely no idea what they were voting for.

And that is reinforced by their being unable to post a list of the Benefits Of Brexit. Funny that.

Yet we find ourselves, because of all those Turkeys, heading toward a cliff and we cannot stop that happening.

All we can do is make provision to soften the landing, you and Canny wanting to stick needles through the Bouncy Castle down below is unhelpful.

I spoke to someone who was so backed up he started to shout at me about Laurence Fox being closed down. You know, the guy that has been dropped by his agent because of lack of offers and got upset when I pointed out that he was all over the place. This was in answer to lorry parks sinking into flood grounds in Kent.

I was seven in 1972, that's where we're headed despite the hope that the internet will cover up the fact that everything else is crap.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:44 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Simon Perkins
@simonperkins72
·
2 Dec
Replying to
@JohnShirleyLtd
and
@mrjamesob

Absolutely true. EU based haulier told me last week 62% of their booked loads to the UK from 01/01/21 have no driver (normally 100% allocated by now).

Drivers are refusing for fear of long queues. They’re not paid enough for that.

And who can blame them?

Worth listening to the LBC interview on this.

phpBB [video]
Grafenwalder

Postby Cannydc » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:11 pm

Thanks for posting that, Graf.

They just won't bother coming...

Chilling.
Cannydc

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:39 pm

Cannydc wrote:Thanks for posting that, Graf.

Chilling.

It's worse than I thought. John Shirley explained 99% of trucks delivering goods into and out of UK are foreign company owned. In his 30 years of operating they've only dealt with ONE British owned truck! :kinell:

Channel 4 news from two years ago spoke to Steve Applebee, manager at Harbour Shipping Dover who deals with customs clearance documentation which currently is only for non-EU but from next year will be 100% of trucks. He shows the files for ONE truck! :kinell:

phpBB [video]
Grafenwalder

Postby MungoBrush » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:57 am

Grafenwalder wrote:

Chilling.

It's worse than I thought. John Shirley explained 99% of trucks delivering goods into and out of UK are foreign company owned. In his 30 years of operating they've only dealt with ONE British owned truck! :kinell:

Channel 4 news from two years ago spoke to Steve Applebee, manager at Harbour Shipping Dover who deals with customs clearance documentation which currently is only for non-EU but from next year will be 100% of trucks.

We've always known that - in fact it's highlighted in the government papers that were posted on here in another thread.
Nothing has changed
All that extra paperwork caused by the EU's intransigence will fall to EU transport organisations.
MungoBrush

Postby Cannydc » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:49 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

Chilling.

Channel 4 news from two years ago spoke to Steve Applebee, manager at Harbour Shipping Dover who deals with customs clearance documentation which currently is only for non-EU but from next year will be 100% of trucks.

We've always known that - in fact it's highlighted in the government papers that were posted on here in another thread.
Nothing has changed
All that extra paperwork caused by the EU's intransigence will fall to EU transport organisations.

I take it you didn't listen to all of the points raised by the haulage man on LBC.. mind you, he's an expert so...

99% of lorries coming from EU to UK are from Lithuanian, Romanian or Hungarian companies.

There are 2 issues, one is the drivers who are almost all paid by the Km driven and won't get paid in queues trying to cross the channel. They are already refusing UK jobs.

The second is the haulage companies who have lorry lease costs and other assorted overheads and can't afford their lorries to not be working.

The outset is that they will divert their trucks to inter-EU routes to both pay their bills and keep their drivers happy.

So they undoubtedly won't be coming, and it's nothing to do with the EU's intransigence. It's because we have failed miserably to get the IT systems required in place and working. In fact, they won't be up and working for months. The government knew this was coming and failed to act, in typical incompetent fashion.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:13 pm

Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

Chilling.

Nothing has changed

I take it you didn't listen to all of the points raised by the haulage man on LBC.. mind you, he's an expert so...

99% of lorries coming from EU to UK are from Lithuanian, Romanian or Hungarian companies.

There are 2 issues, one is the drivers who are almost all paid by the Km driven and won't get paid in queues trying to cross the channel. They are already refusing UK jobs.

The second is the haulage companies who have lorry lease costs and other assorted overheads and can't afford their lorries to not be working.

The outset is that they will divert their trucks to inter-EU routes to both pay their bills and keep their drivers happy.

So they undoubtedly won't be coming, and it's nothing to do with the EU's intransigence. It's because we have failed miserably to get the IT systems required in place and working. In fact, they won't be up and working for months. The government knew this was coming and failed to act, in typical incompetent fashion.

So logically, if thousands of lorry drivers are refusing to come to Britain. Then those that do come won't be stuck in queues!
i bet if the British government made it harder for foreign haulage companies to get a license to deliver to the UK you would have foreign haulage companies out bidding each other to try get the hard to come by golden tickets :thumbsup:
There will always be supply and demand. That will never change

Postby Stooo » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:06 pm

Guest wrote:

So logically, if thousands of lorry drivers are refusing to come to Britain. Then those that do come won't be stuck in queues!
i bet if the British government made it harder for foreign haulage companies to get a license to deliver to the UK you would have foreign haulage companies out bidding each other to try get the hard to come by golden tickets :thumbsup:

Mate...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:56 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:

Mate...

Save your breath. I've had a similar delusional nutter on another forum who sees the absence of foreign plated trucks in UK as a bonus Brexit has delivered! :roll:
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:08 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:

Mate...

Save your breath. I've had a similar delusional nutter on another forum who sees the absence of foreign plated trucks in UK as a bonus Brexit has delivered! :roll:

I spent yesterday morning arguing with Tony about what cancelling actually meant after he was bemoaning Mr L Fox's lack of coverage after he's whinged about it on countless radio stations and Twitter. He's recently accused me of being a Marxist and has expressed his desire for a more centrist government. He's a mate, what can you do?

I think that walls are going to start crumbling down, we need to think about how to rebuild them now.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:40 pm

Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:It's worse than I thought. John Shirley explained 99% of trucks delivering goods into and out of UK are foreign company owned. In his 30 years of operating they've only dealt with ONE British owned truck! :kinell:

Nothing has changed

Quick question, if you tried to drive into a town but found every entry road blocked would you queue and think yourself special, or would you say "fuck this shit" and drive to another town?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Grafenwalder » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:19 pm

Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:

Mate...

I spent yesterday morning arguing with Tony about what cancelling actually meant after he was bemoaning Mr L Fox's lack of coverage after he's whinged about it on countless radio stations and Twitter. He's recently accused me of being a Marxist and has expressed his desire for a more centrist government. He's a mate, what can you do?

I think that walls are going to start crumbling down, we need to think about how to rebuild them now.

Pray!! :mrgreen:
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:11 pm

A good blog entry by Chris Grey on this very subject.

But that is a side-issue to the present point, which is that of course the complaints are nonsense. These are not ‘new EU rules’, they are the rules that apply to all countries outside the EU (and the single market). Their application to Britons is a consequence of Brexit. And whilst those voters who did not understand that can be criticized for their lack of attention, the real criticism should be reserved for those Brexit campaigners, such as Michael Gove, who explicitly promised that there were ‘international laws’ which meant that there would be no such consequence.

https://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.co ... -ends.html
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs