After Brexit

After Brexit

Postby Stooo » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:55 pm

We're out and totally out at the beginning of next year, what are your predictions because I'm really interested to know.
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: After Brexit

Postby Red Okktober » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:03 pm

My prediction is that you will continue moaning about it until the day you die.

Let it go.
Red Okktober

Postby Stooo » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:06 pm

I asked for predictions Red, you and the rest of the forum gammon manage to avoid brexit threads and I'm asking a totally neutral question. Address the post not the poster.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Red Okktober » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:10 pm

I gave you my prediction.

It's probably the most accurate one you're going to get.
Red Okktober

Postby Stooo » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:14 pm

Red Okktober wrote:I gave you my prediction.

It's probably the most accurate one you're going to get.

That was a personal attack, please answer my reasonable OP or ignore the thread as you have done other ones for some time. I want a serious answer.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Red Okktober » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:15 pm

I'll give another one.

With Brexit coinciding with the vaccine, I reckon there could be a feeling of national euphoria come late Spring/early Summer.

Street parties with people doing the hokey cokey, wearing Union Jack bowler hats
Red Okktober

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:18 pm

My prediction is everything that goes wrong for Brexiteers they will carry on blaming the EU, 'Remoaners', Covid, migrants, the Labour party, and Corbyn. :again?:
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:23 pm

Red Okktober wrote:I'll give another one.

With Brexit coinciding with the vaccine, I reckon there could be a feeling of national euphoria come late Spring/early Summer.

Street parties with people doing the hokey cokey, wearing Union Jack bowler hats

And the first to be approved, BioNTech from Germany thanks to the brilliance of husband and wife scientists, both children of Turkish immigrants. :thumbsup:
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:25 pm

Red Okktober wrote:I'll give another one.

No, really. You are becoming aware of the facts that you perhaps scoffed at a while ago, more people lost their jobs yesterday than the entire UK fishing industry employs, the car industry is in huge trouble and imports let alone exports are going to be a huge issue as well as continued unemployment and poverty. I'm not asking about hopes and faith, I'm asking about gritty reality.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:29 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:My prediction is everything that goes wrong for Brexiteers they will carry on blaming the EU, 'Remoaners', Covid, migrants, the Labour party, and Corbyn. :again?:

How can they? The UK helped write most of the EU rules, was a founding member of the Council of Europe and invented the ECHR as well as the Single Market, we were in the CU at the beginning as well. We even wrote Article 50, it's not like any of this is a surprise :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:35 pm

At least you owned the libs.

It will look fancy on a grave stone.

Credit: Cold War Steve
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby MungoBrush » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:36 pm

My prediction is that British fish swimming around in British waters will be finally freed from all that EU burden and they will rejoice.
MungoBrush

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:48 pm

Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:My prediction is everything that goes wrong for Brexiteers they will carry on blaming the EU, 'Remoaners', Covid, migrants, the Labour party, and Corbyn. :again?:

How can they? The UK helped write most of the EU rules, was a founding member of the Council of Europe and invented the ECHR as well as the Single Market, we were in the CU at the beginning as well. We even wrote Article 50, it's not like any of this is a surprise :dunno:

Brexiteers don't do detail - all the above represents the mortal enemy to them! Same as our justice system they held so dear, only to later brand High Court judges Enemies of the People!
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:56 pm

MungoBrush wrote:My prediction is that British fish swimming around in British waters will be finally freed from all that EU burden and they will rejoice.

We lost two fishermen from Brixham a couple of weeks ago to this dangerous industry. Shine a light this Saturday.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-ne ... st-4740784
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:05 pm

BMW and Mercedes will ride to the rescue, forcing the EU into abject surrender and giving us everything we want and more. Or rather, they won't.

A Daily Torygraph and Daily Heil campaign to try to persuade the EU to treat Brit UK residents with second homes in places like France and Spain as a special case fails miserably. The Torygraph and Heil erupt in fury, spitting bile at the "unfair, bullying EU" despite the fact that the "Third Country Rule" has been in place for 34 years.

The first Farage Garage truck park opens on 2nd January, as heavy rain hits the South East causing postponement of the actual ceremony.

The first Farage Garage truck park closes due to flooding.

The first 'post-Brexit' shipment of UK Covid vaccine arrives from Belgium to Calais on Jan 3rd.

Jan 6th - the first 'post-Brexit' shipment of UK Covid vaccine arrives at Dover. Sadly the refrigeration unit failed on 5th Jan.

Jan 12th - the second 'post-Brexit' shipment of UK Covid vaccine arrives at Heathrow, it had to be flown in a specially modified aircraft at a cost of £35m. Dido Harding got the contract.

Jan 15th - trucks that joined the queue on the Kent motorway on Jan 2nd are arriving at Dover...
Cannydc

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs