Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe Freed

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe Freed

Postby Stooo » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:30 pm

Well, she's had her ankle tag taken off but is apparently due in court next Sunday on other charges.

What a stupid and desperate situation.
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe Freed

Postby Cannydc » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:01 pm

Stooo wrote:Well, she's had her ankle tag taken off but is apparently due in court next Sunday on other charges.

What a stupid and desperate situation.

One of the most shameful episodes of Johnson's career - and that's saying something.
Cannydc

Postby LordRaven » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:13 pm

Shameful indeed, just pay what Iran is owed and stop all this nonsense of her being held to ransom.
She isn't the only British Iranian who has been thrown in jail for "trying to overthrow the regime."
The Iranian regime are complete bastards to their own people.
I do wish they'd be freed of this totalitarian regime.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby drum » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:43 am

Nazanin has just been jailed for another year and also a years travel ban .
drum

Postby Stooo » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:00 pm

drum wrote:Nazanin has just been jailed for another year and also a years travel ban .

She'd be free if the Government gave the money for the tanks back.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby ArchieG » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:58 pm

Stooo wrote:
drum wrote:Nazanin has just been jailed for another year and also a years travel ban .

Do you think they'll let her go, and be our best buddies if we do that?
ArchieG

Postby Stooo » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:11 pm

ArchieG wrote:
Stooo wrote:

I'd be happy if they just let her go really, the rest is gravy.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby ArchieG » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:51 am

Stooo wrote:
ArchieG wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Me too, but I think it’s highly unlikely. This is Iran flexing the muscles that it has. They have absolutely no regard for human rights, or even human life, as has been demonstrated numerous times.I wonder if they’ll ever let her go. She’s an apostate by definition, her husband and kids aren ‘t Muslims.
ArchieG

Postby Text » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:54 pm

ArchieG wrote:
Stooo wrote:
ArchieG wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Me too, but I think it’s highly unlikely. This is Iran flexing the muscles that it has. They have absolutely no regard for human rights, or even human life, as has been demonstrated numerous times.I wonder if they’ll ever let her go.

She’s an apostate by definition, her husband and kids aren ‘t Muslims.

Tbh I did not think Iran is as authoritarian as all that. :ooer: It does have a dodgy human rights record - but I always had the impression that it tolerated other religions. There are hundreds of churches on there. And synagogues too. There was an era when probably none of us on here were yet born, when it had a very westernised, secular outlook. Till the mid 70's when fundamentalism took over again (in a sort of ''reverse Arab-spring'', that was rampaging across the entire Arab world - I remember watching some of it on TV.)

Had a quick peep at Wiki to find out more about the country ...... it seems it has quite a bit of clout, being wealthy and being a member of various international organizations, including IMF, Interpol, OIC, OPEC, WHO, and founder member of the UN, ........ and it currently ''has observer status at the World Trade Organization'' and it's on good terms with Russia. Yes it's flexing its muscles here.
Text

Postby Text » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:59 pm

This makes as much sense as those court sentences where someone gets 18months jail for reckless driving AND a 6months driving ban concurrently. :scratch:

I don't hold out much hope for Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe. She is clearly a political football in a country which feels (rightly or wrongly) that it has a lot to be aggrieved about.
Text

Postby Stooo » Sun May 02, 2021 7:42 pm

Another cliff hanger.

Officials have downplayed reports Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe is set to be released from Iran after state TV suggested Britain would pay a £400m debt to secure her release.

Richard Ratcliffe, the husband of the British-Iranian charity worker, said the family had not been updated but welcomed the signals from Tehran over the long-running dispute as "a good sign".

https://news.sky.com/story/nazanin-zagh ... s-12293267
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Red Okktober » Mon May 03, 2021 7:04 pm

Text wrote:

This makes as much sense as those court sentences where someone gets 18months jail for reckless driving AND a 6months driving ban concurrently. :scratch:

I don't hold out much hope for Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe. She is clearly a political football in a country which feels (rightly or wrongly) that it has a lot to be aggrieved about.

The 1 year travel ban is for when she gets out of prison, and not while she's still inside.
Red Okktober

Postby LordRaven » Wed May 05, 2021 8:55 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Text wrote:

The 1 year travel ban is for when she gets out of prison, and not while she's still inside.

Why does our Government use sanctions as an excuse to not pay Iran the money they are rightfully owed in order to get this poor woman released?
It is pretty fucking shameful.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Cannydc » Wed May 05, 2021 9:34 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Text wrote:

Why does our Government use sanctions as an excuse to not pay Iran the money they are rightfully owed in order to get this poor woman released?
It is pretty fucking shameful.

Because if they pay out that £400m, their Islamophobic, gammon followers will desert them in droves.
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:03 pm

She's out and on here way back to her family :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs