Further violence breaks out in Northern Ireland

Further violence breaks out in Northern Ireland

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:52 am

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... s-for-calm

Pausing to note that it's informative to see Derry given its correct name when the so-called Loyalists are the ones causing trouble - if the trouble were in the Bogside it would be called Londonderry - it's terrible to see how Brexit has clawed open old wounds.

For all her flaws Theresa May was well aware that any kind of border between mainland Britain and the six counties would be seen by the Unionists as a threat to the Union because - and here's the kicker - it is.

For all the years of progress the Six Counties remain a tinderbox resting on a powder-keg and Boris Johnson's ham fisted 'diplomacy' that risk his much vaunted Brexit Deal being rejected by the European Parliament later this week is doing nothing to improve the situation.
Cactus Jack

Re: Further violence breaks out in Northern Ireland

Postby Stooo » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:09 pm

They can't continue to sweep this under the carpet and ignore the reason for it.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:43 pm

Stooo wrote:They can't continue to sweep this under the carpet and ignore the reason for it.

Horrendous, and I've yet to see it properly reported.

Certainly not on BBC News.
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:54 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Stooo wrote:They can't continue to sweep this under the carpet and ignore the reason for it.

Horrendous, and I've yet to see it properly reported.

Certainly not on BBC News.

The party in power owns the BBC, LBC has been carrying the story hourly on news reports. If this is ignored then it will stop being ignored fairly quickly if I remember how attention is traditionally encouraged, with bombs.

The riots have happened after the DUP met with loyalist paramilitaries.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news ... 33307.html
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:14 pm

I'm very worried about how studiously it's being ignored and how the language used is being deliberately chosen to point to the Nationalist as the cause of the problem.

Nationalists don't have an issue with no internal borders in Ireland and neither do the vast majority of Protestants, that's why the Six Counties voted so overwhelmingly against Brexit.

First by using the DUP to prop themselves up and then by selling the DUP out as soon as it was convenient the Conservative Party are in danger of repeating their folly in 1921 and turning a civil war of words inside their party into a civil war of bullets and bombs in Ireland.
Cactus Jack

Postby LordRaven » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:55 pm

Please can every fucker just calm down, and for all you unknowing fools cheering on the disharmony and bleating about unification can you please tell me what do you think will be the reaction of the Unionists (the answer is in that word) should that happen with this kind of shite going on.
You really are fucking idiots.
Poor Dublin is all I can think, but never mind because I am sure the EU will help them out hey?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:57 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:I'm very worried about how studiously it's being ignored and how the language used is being deliberately chosen to point to the Nationalist as the cause of the problem.

Nationalists don't have an issue with no internal borders in Ireland and neither do the vast majority of Protestants, that's why the Six Counties voted so overwhelmingly against Brexit.

First by using the DUP to prop themselves up and then by selling the DUP out as soon as it was convenient the Conservative Party are in danger of repeating their folly in 1921 and turning a civil war of words inside their party into a civil war of bullets and bombs in Ireland.

It is a real worry to me for sure.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:02 pm

LordRaven wrote:Please can every fucker just calm down, and for all you unknowing fools cheering on the disharmony and bleating about unification can you please tell me what do you think will be the reaction of the Unionists (the answer is in that word) should that happen with this kind of shite going on.
Poor Dublin is all I can think, but never mind because I am sure the EU will help them out hey?

They were fucking told about this and it was dismissed as project fear, well fuck it's happening now and people will die again.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:05 pm

Police have come under attack and a bus has been hijacked and set on fire in another night of disorder in Belfast.

On Wednesday, police confirmed a bus was set alight at the junction of Lanark Way and the Shankill Road in the west of the city.

The disruption is taking place close to where a number of loyalist protesters had earlier gathered.

Police also confirmed they had received a report of an assault on a press photographer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56669508

Anything else totally fucked up, imports and exports perhaps?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:43 pm

Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Please can every fucker just calm down, and for all you unknowing fools cheering on the disharmony and bleating about unification can you please tell me what do you think will be the reaction of the Unionists (the answer is in that word) should that happen with this kind of shite going on.

They were fucking told about this and it was dismissed as project fear, well fuck it's happening now and people will die again.

I am sorry but I cannot cheer this on, but you carry on.

Many innocents will suffer carnage and death and I can't think "I told you so" will be of any comfort.

Cheering on from the sidelines something that could blow up in our faces is something I cannot agree with.

Based on my own experience I just want everyone to calm the fuck down and let peace have a chance.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:44 pm

Adults applauding kids that are running into danger :shake head:

This won't be on the front pages tomorrow.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:46 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Many innocents will suffer carnage and death and I can't think "I told you so" will be of any comfort.

Cheering on from the sidelines something that could blow up in our faces is something I cannot agree with.

Based on my own experience I just want everyone to calm the fuck down and let peace have a chance.

These people didn't vote for this.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:48 pm

Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:

These people didn't vote for this.

That is hardly a reason to knowingly condone all this shit.
And think it amusing.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:49 pm

LordRaven wrote:That is hardly a reason to knowingly condone all this shit.
And think it amusing.

Who's amused? It's a bitter pill.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:50 pm

Can you imagine it?
Irish unification, before the peoples of Northern Ireland have had a chance to live in peace for decades.
Poor Dublin, it will reap the whirlwind and that will not be good at all.
LordRaven
Twat.

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs