Does Maddog Need a Safe Space on Dogs?

Re: Does Maddog Need a Safe Space on Dogs?

Postby Stooo » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:22 pm

Maddog making an exception. wrote:Just did some surfing around on Facebook and found out Austin/ATX passed about a year ago. She was 64. I'm thinking cancer because the death notice mentioned to send donations to the American Cancer Society.

Unfortunately, we had a a falling out over Trump over on Dogs.

We went way back to the old SOL days. Our relationship was a very random happenstance..

Austin was a mortgage broker in Austin TX. She did loans in my neck of the woods. She also posted on SOL. One night we were on SOL talking about work and we realized that we were in the same business. She mentioned a builder she did loans for in my area and my mouth dropped open.

Here I was, in like 2007, talking to a stranger on British news forum, and come to find out, I had spoken to her earlier in the week about a deal. I called her on the phone right then and we both about fell out of our chairs..

What were the odds?

We had lots of conversations through the years, both online and on the phone. Her boy and my daughter were the same age.

When we fell out a little over a year ago, I should have called her.

Can't do that now.

Anyway, I figured some folks may want to know this. I refuse to post as a guest, but I figured this was a worthy exception.

Hi MD, thanks for the sad update.

I used to flirt with Barb by email from time to time, we both loved the same sort of music.

I am so sorry to hear that she has passed, RIP.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Text » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:14 pm

Maddog making an exception. wrote:Just did some surfing around on Facebook and found out Austin/ATX passed about a year ago. She was 64. I'm thinking cancer because the death notice mentioned to send donations to the American Cancer Society.

We went way back to the old SOL days. Our relationship was a very random happenstance..

Austin was a mortgage broker in Austin TX. She did loans in my neck of the woods. She also posted on SOL. One night we were on SOL talking about work and we realized that we were in the same business. She mentioned a builder she did loans for in my area and my mouth dropped open.

Here I was, in like 2007, talking to a stranger on British news forum, and come to find out, I had spoken to her earlier in the week about a deal. I called her on the phone right then and we both about fell out of our chairs..

What were the odds?

We had lots of conversations through the years, both online and on the phone. Her boy and my daughter were the same age.
Can't do that now.

Anyway, I figured some folks may want to know this. I refuse to post as a guest, but I figured this was a worthy exception.

Same here! :thumbsup:
I always take great pleasure in reminding any fools (who STILL need reminding after all this time) that I never, ever make anonymous posts. :thumbsup:
In fairness it's very rare that I get accused of such these days, but one or two chancers still occasionally try to accuse. Nice try, weirdos!
I haven't posted 'anon' since 2010/2011. That's 13 straight years I've gone without making one single anon post on ANY site. Not jumping thru kapcha hoops for anyone, when I know I've done nowt wrong, nor broken anyone's rules.
Hope you make your peace with Stooo one day MD, take care.

I still really miss many other folk who have passed, including Aziz, Sassy, Irn Bru et al.
Re ATXND. Poor lady. I don't know her at all. I did notice her splendid patriotic-looking avvy. Rest peacefully, God bless.
Text

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:21 pm

Text wrote:I always take great pleasure in reminding any fools (who STILL need reminding after all this time) that I never, ever make anonymous posts. :thumbsup:
In fairness it's very rare that I get accused of such these days, but one or two chancers still occasionally try to. Nice try, weirdos!
I haven't posted as anon since 2010/2011. That's 13 straight years I've gone without making one single anon post on ANY site. Not jumping thru kapcha hoops for anyone, when I know I've not done owt wrong, nor broken anyone's rules.

That's good to know.

Postby Rockstar » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:41 am

What were the odds?

Can't do that now.

Sorry to hear that she has passed.

At one point i thought you were married to her. You guys were joined at the hip in tag teaming. :smilin:
Rockstar

Postby Raggamuffin » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:39 am

Hi Maddog! :Hiya:

I'm sorry about the person who died - I don't remember her myself.

I wish you still posted here - you always were the voice of common sense.
Raggamuffin

Postby Raggamuffin » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:54 am

Text wrote:

What were the odds?

Can't do that now.

Same here! :thumbsup:
I always take great pleasure in reminding any fools (who STILL need reminding after all this time) that I never, ever make anonymous posts. :thumbsup:
In fairness it's very rare that I get accused of such these days, but one or two chancers still occasionally try to accuse. Nice try, weirdos!
I haven't posted 'anon' since 2010/2011. That's 13 straight years I've gone without making one single anon post on ANY site. Not jumping thru kapcha hoops for anyone, when I know I've done nowt wrong, nor broken anyone's rules.
Hope you make your peace with Stooo one day MD, take care.

I still really miss many other folk who have passed, including Aziz, Sassy, Irn Bru et al.
Re ATXND. Poor lady. I don't know her at all. I did notice her splendid patriotic-looking avvy. Rest peacefully, God bless.

I also read that both Nicko and Victor from Newsfix had died. RIP to all of them.
Raggamuffin

Postby Rockstar » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:07 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:you always were the voice of common sense.

I laughed. :monkey:
Rockstar

Postby Text » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:25 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Text wrote:..........

I also read that both Nicko and Victor from Newsfix had died. RIP to all of them.

Oh I forgot those two, cos I wasn't close to them, the names I mentioned were good mates of mine. Sad innit, mates or not.
Plus two others have passed , previously seriously ill people. RIP.
I guess we all have to make the most of life, treat each day as a precious gift. x
Text

Postby Text » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:34 pm

Guest wrote:That's good to know.

. :thumbsup: Anytime!
Text

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs