Nursery worker Jayden McCarthy jailed for sex offences

Nursery worker Jayden McCarthy jailed for sex offences

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:20 pm

A teenager has been jailed for sexually abusing children at the nursery where he worked.

Jayden McCarthy, 18, will serve 11 years and six months with an extended licence of three years, a judge at Exeter Crown Court ruled.

McCarthy was found guilty of one charge of rape and 13 of sexual assault at the nursery in Torbay by a jury in May.

He was also found guilty of two counts of raping a boy in a separate incident in 2014.

An investigation was launched when a child at the nursery McCarthy worked at told her parents that he had sexually assaulted her.

At McCarthy's trial at Exeter Crown Court the jury were shown 13 CCTV clips taken in July 2019 of him touching eight children inappropriately.

He had been taken on as an apprentice in March 2019 following an interview process and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-57943692

Forget for a second that he was an employee in a nursery where there were cameras that allowed parents to log in and actually see what was happening to their children, online in real time.

As an apprentice McCarthy should have been supervised, he should have been visited by his training provider, an Independent Training Provider not a college, regularly and assessed.

How the fuck did this happen?
Cactus Jack

Re: Nursery worker Jayden McCarthy jailed for sex offences

Postby Grafenwalder » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:38 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
A teenager has been jailed for sexually abusing children at the nursery where he worked.

Jayden McCarthy, 18, will serve 11 years and six months with an extended licence of three years, a judge at Exeter Crown Court ruled.

McCarthy was found guilty of one charge of rape and 13 of sexual assault at the nursery in Torbay by a jury in May.

He was also found guilty of two counts of raping a boy in a separate incident in 2014.

An investigation was launched when a child at the nursery McCarthy worked at told her parents that he had sexually assaulted her.

At McCarthy's trial at Exeter Crown Court the jury were shown 13 CCTV clips taken in July 2019 of him touching eight children inappropriately.

He had been taken on as an apprentice in March 2019 following an interview process and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.

Forget for a second that he was an employee in a nursery where there were cameras that allowed parents to log in and actually see what was happening to their children, online in real time.

As an apprentice McCarthy should have been supervised, he should have been visited by his training provider, an Independent Training Provider not a college, regularly and assessed.

Jesus :yikes:

How indeed though I must admit the first thing that struck me was an 18 year old youth working in such a job. That seems a very young age to do that sort of work. The supervision must have been atrocious, if it even existed.
Grafenwalder

Postby Maddog » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:57 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

How indeed though I must admit the first thing that struck me was an 18 year old youth working in such a job. That seems a very young age to do that sort of work. The supervision must have been atrocious, if it even existed.

He's 18 now. He was working there at 16 and apparently raped a boy when he was 11 years old.

I wonder if someone this depraved can ever be trusted in society? Not sure if the shrinks can unravel his demons.
Maddog

Postby Grafenwalder » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:56 pm

Maddog wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

He's 18 now. He was working there at 16 and apparently raped a boy when he was 11 years old.

I wonder if someone this depraved can ever be trusted in society? Not sure if the shrinks can unravel his demons.

I realised after reading the article in full. That makes it worse and i'm surprised anyone that age, male or female, could be allowed to work in that environment. I know everyone has to start sometime and I was 15 when I began full time work, but not in a kids nursery.

Besides the childrens lives he's damaged, he's also heaped shock and misery on their families as well as his own.
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:02 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:I realised after reading the article in full. That makes it worse and i'm surprised anyone that age, male or female, could be allowed to work in that environment. I know everyone has to start sometime and I was 15 when I began full time work, but not in a kids nursery.

Besides the childrens lives he's damaged, he's also heaped shock and misery on their families as well as his own.

Classic predator behaviour, work in the area that you wish to hunt. He probably started earlier than 16 but on the plus side we may have stopped a possible serial killer.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Maddog » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:49 pm

Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:I realised after reading the article in full. That makes it worse and i'm surprised anyone that age, male or female, could be allowed to work in that environment. I know everyone has to start sometime and I was 15 when I began full time work, but not in a kids nursery.

Classic predator behaviour, work in the area that you wish to hunt. He probably started earlier than 16 but on the plus side we may have stopped a possible serial killer.

You stopped him for a few years.

I believe that kids can do some pretty dumb things, but this isn't a crime based on being a dumb kid. This dude has a problem hard wired into him and will be loose before he is 30.

I hate throwing away young people because I believe in redemption. But this dude will need to be watched like a hawk when he gets out.

Hopefully the government works on fixing him while they have his undivided attention.
Maddog

Postby Stooo » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:13 pm

Maddog wrote:
Stooo wrote:

You stopped him for a few years.

I believe that kids can do some pretty dumb things, but this isn't a crime based on being a dumb kid. This dude has a problem hard wired into him and will be loose before he is 30.

I hate throwing away young people because I believe in redemption. But this dude will need to be watched like a hawk when he gets out.

Hopefully the government works on fixing him while they have his undivided attention.

I think he will be, I hope so anyway.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby common sense » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:06 pm

Take him to a deserted wood and put a bullet in his skull or better still let the dads of those he abused deal with him. Pervs like him can't be reformed.
common sense

Postby Stooo » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:50 pm

Why don't you have faith in the criminal justice system?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:18 pm

common sense wrote:Take him to a deserted wood and put a bullet in his skull or better still let the dads of those he abused deal with him. Pervs like him can't be reformed.

The world is bad enough as it is.
Trying to run it on emotion and revenge doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby common sense » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:30 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
common sense wrote:Take him to a deserted wood and put a bullet in his skull or better still let the dads of those he abused deal with him. Pervs like him can't be reformed.

It means he can never offend again and ruin another child's life.
common sense

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:49 pm

common sense wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

It means he can never offend again and ruin another child's life.

And there's emotion for you.
From a guy who thinks everyone should be able to do nothing but have everything.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby xtras1 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:28 pm

I don't understand how his previous wasn't shown in his DBS check, working with children your dbs check is the enhanced level of checks, goes into far more detail then the other two levels, it pays more attention .. how this scumbag had nothing disclosed is a mystery!
xtras1

Postby Stooo » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:24 pm

xtras1 wrote:I don't understand how his previous wasn't shown in his DBS check, working with children your dbs check is the enhanced level of checks, goes into far more detail then the other two levels, it pays more attention .. how this scumbag had nothing disclosed is a mystery!

He was 16 at the time, different checks. Not that it would have made any difference.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby xtras1 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:28 pm

Stooo wrote:
xtras1 wrote:I don't understand how his previous wasn't shown in his DBS check, working with children your dbs check is the enhanced level of checks, goes into far more detail then the other two levels, it pays more attention .. how this scumbag had nothing disclosed is a mystery!

He was 16 at the time, different checks. Not that it would have made any difference.

Different checks?

If you are working with children it's a enhanced check no matter the age...
xtras1

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs