Tracking breakthrough COVID-19 cases in Texas

Re: Tracking breakthrough COVID-19 cases in Texas

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:15 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Again Maggot - you are not the topic of this discussion so fuck off.

You’d miss him if he did.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Maddog » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:16 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:What Dr Fauci actually said was that given current rates of vaccination the US would probably stabilise more or less where they were last winter. That would be slightly over 200,000 new cases each day and, hopefully with fewer than 2,000 deaths a day but not getting to the peak of nearly 5,000.

Wrong again.

"Not enough to crush the outbreak, but I believe enough to not allow us to get into the situation we were in last winter," he said.

Well he’s stating the obvious, the situation will be different because of the vaccines.

It won't be anything like it was because of the vaccines.

That's kinda the whole point about taking them isn't it?
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:16 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Do you two have the hots for each other? You have a weird chemistry.

I fact check what he says because he lies like a rug.

Maybe he just misunderstands stuff.

I did allow that possibility.

He also fixates on one word or phrase that runs counter to the rest of article.

All that is immaterial to the topic of the thread which is that where we are now Texas was five months ago and even with one of the hottest summers on record five months later their infection rates are still rising.

In five months from now the UK will be in the depths of winter and I would rather focus on that than on Maddog's incessant narcissisum.

I wouldn’t say he’s a narcissist, just an American. :laughing:

Possibly - but you could start a thread on a Yak Butter shortage in Northern Tibet and he would insert some angle that makes it all about Texas.
Cactus Jack

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:16 pm

Maddog wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:What Dr Fauci actually said was that given current rates of vaccination the US would probably stabilise more or less where they were last winter. That would be slightly over 200,000 new cases each day and, hopefully with fewer than 2,000 deaths a day but not getting to the peak of nearly 5,000.

Wrong again.

"Not enough to crush the outbreak, but I believe enough to not allow us to get into the situation we were in last winter," he said.

Well he’s stating the obvious, the situation will be different because of the vaccines.

Yes. We’re certainly hoping so.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Maddog » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:17 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Again Maggot - you are not the topic of this discussion so fuck off.

Post quotes from Fauci you sniveling serf.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:18 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Wrong again.

And that's exactly what Fauci said.

That's my point.

Unless you can point to a comment that says something different.
Maddog

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:19 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:I did allow that possibility.

All that is immaterial to the topic of the thread which is that where we are now Texas was five months ago and even with one of the hottest summers on record five months later their infection rates are still rising.

In five months from now the UK will be in the depths of winter and I would rather focus on that than on Maddog's incessant narcissisum.

Possibly - but you could start a thread on a Yak Butter shortage in Northern Tibet and he would insert some angle that makes it all about Texas.

CJ, this thread IS about Texas. You can’t tell the Texan to eff off when it’s about his neck of the woods. :mrgreen:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:22 pm

Dr Anthony Fauci wrote:But things are going to get worse. If you look at the acceleration of the number of cases, the seven-day average has gone up substantially. You know, what we really need to do, Jon -- we say it over and over again, and it's the truth -- we have 100 million people in this country who are eligible to be vaccinated who are not getting vaccinated.

We are seeing an outbreak of the unvaccinated. There are some breakthrough infections among vaccinated. You'd expect that because no vaccine is 100 percent effective. But in the breakthrough infections, they are mostly mild or without symptoms, whereas the unvaccinated, who have a much, much, much greater chance of getting infected in the first place, are the ones that are vulnerable to getting severe illness that might lead to hospitalization and, in some cases, death.

So, we're looking not, I believe, to lockdown, but we're looking to some pain and suffering in the future because we're seeing the cases go up, which is the reason why we keep saying over and over again the solution to this is get vaccinated, and this would not be happening.

KARL: And is this pain and suffering, for the most part, pain and suffering for those that have not been vaccinated?

I mean, the bottom line here is, isn't it, that there are breakthrough infections for those that have been vaccinated, but you are highly unlikely to either be hospitalized or to die if you have been vaccinated; isn't that right?

FAUCI: That is correct, Jon. There's no doubt about that.

That's one of the really very, very important reasons you want people to get vaccinated. The vaccines are doing what they're supposed to do. They're protecting one from getting seriously ill, requiring hospitalizations, and perhaps even dying.

However, when you have unvaccinated people getting infected, you're propagating the dynamics of the outbreak, which ultimately impacts everybody from the standpoint of having to wear masks, from the standpoint of the safety of the kids in school, from the standpoint of being able to open up everything the way we were when we were normal.

So yes, from the standpoint of illness, hospitalization, suffering and death, the unvaccinated are the much more vulnerable because the vaccinated are protected from severe illness for the most part. But when you look at the country as a whole in getting us back to normal, the unvaccinated by not being vaccinated are allowing the propagation and the spread of the outbreak which ultimately impacts everyone.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:23 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

CJ, this thread IS about Texas. You can’t tell the Texan to eff off when it’s about his neck of the woods. :mrgreen:

And he started the damn thing.

I'm doing well.

My family is doing well

The state of Texas is doing well and he's fucking miserable, scared and fucking lonely and lashing out.

Go give him a fucking hug if he can handle the risk of catching something from you.
Maddog

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:24 pm

Maddog wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Maddog wrote:

And that's exactly what Fauci said.

That's my point.

Unless you can point to a comment that says something different.

You want me to make someone else’s point?

Maybe the cases are rising so much because the effects/protection of the vaccine has been overestimated. I think that’s CJs point.
Or maybe it’s rising because there haven’t been enough people vaccinated???
Lady Murasaki

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:24 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

It's about the lessons we can learn from Texas mistakes
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:28 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:It's about the lessons we can learn from Texas mistakes

No, it's YET ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT A STATE IN THE USA WHERE A MEMBER OF THE FORUM LIVES! And I'm sick to fucking death with it.

You're earning a similar reputation as that cunt Major CJ, back the fuck up.
Stooo
Site Admin

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs