Amazon dropping Jeremy Clarkson?

Amazon dropping Jeremy Clarkson?

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:33 pm

It's being widely rumoured that Amazon are dropping The Grand Tour and Clarkson's Farm.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/ ... y-clarkson

Whilst this is being attributed to the comments he made about Meghan Markle it's also a fact that views for the Grand Tour had been slipping and Clarkson's Farm's second season hasn't drawn the same interest as the first.

I'm sure his comments didn't help but I'm equally sure that Jeremy has shown he has ability to develop and refresh a format and he won't be out of work for any longer than he wants to be. I can't wait for irony of him being signed up with Netflix to do his next project.

Failing that there's always GB News.
Cactus Jack

Re: Amazon dropping Jeremy Clarkson?

Postby Stooo » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:25 pm

I think there are still two seasons of The Farm to be shot and let's be fair farming is hardly a fast moving and rapidly evolving industry and there's only so much of looking at a bloke in wellies one can take, even Emmerdale and the Archers evolved and Clarkson is unable to.

They are putting out one Grand Tour a year, Clarkson has his farm, May has his pub and gin company (as well as knocking out niche videos about lego and trains) and Hammond has his repair shop and successful video channels, at their ages they are one car stunt gone wrong away from joining the Jackass hall of Darwin awards.

Time to put a fork in it.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:29 pm

I had heard Jeremy Clarkson - who is now 62 - had wanted to do one last Grand Tour special in Iran but it just wasn't happening.

That's a pity because I think for the nuts who embrace him as a Right Wing Messiah Jeremy Clarkson has always been a pretty fair travel journalist and presents quite respectful portraits of the places he visits - he's even nice about Americans.
Cactus Jack

Postby Jason » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:09 am

I read that Amazon will honour the projects they've already commissioned but won't be working with him on anything else.

Probably explains his "apology" that's recently come to light where he's still trying to swerve people towards a failed Game of Thrones "joke" and away from the fact he wrote that he "hated her on a cellular level".
Jason

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:47 am

Jason wrote:I read that Amazon will honour the projects they've already commissioned but won't be working with him on anything else.

Probably explains his "apology" that's recently come to light where he's still trying to swerve people towards a failed Game of Thrones "joke" and away from the fact he wrote that he "hated her on a cellular level".

That article went through Sun editor Victoria Newton and we don't know how it evolved.

Jeremy is known for colourful, over the top metaphors,

We know James May and Richard Hammond are good friends of his and he has described hating them with some quite colourful metaphors and similies, how much of that article came from Newton remembering that and encouraging Clarkson to 'punch it up' even more?
Cactus Jack

Postby Gabby » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:13 pm

Jason wrote:I read that Amazon will honour the projects they've already commissioned but won't be working with him on anything else.

At least Piers Morgan owned his shit and didn’t back down! :yess: …. unlike the pussy Clarkson! :pointlaugh:
Gabby

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:58 am

Gabby wrote:

At least Piers Morgan owned his shit and didn’t back down! :yess: …. unlike the pussy Clarkson! :pointlaugh:

By 'stands his ground' you mean 'walks off in a strop like a spoiled child'

Cactus Jack

Postby Holly » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:36 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Gabby wrote:

By 'stands his ground' you mean 'walks off in a strop like a spoiled child'

Old news, he's doing well now. Walking away from GMB was the best thing he could have done. GMBs ratings plummeted badly after he left, while he's doing quite well now on various channels. I bet GMB regret to have let him go. They actually asked him to come back if only he would apologise, which he refused.
He stuck to his guns and basically said "fuck you" :pmsl: Good on him.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Gabby » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:12 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Gabby wrote:

By 'stands his ground' you mean 'walks off in a strop like a spoiled child’

No, as in didn’t back down and apologise, regardless… had the courage of his convictions… not a coward led by his balls just to appease others! :thumbsup:

Know what I mean CJ?… are you led by your balls?
Gabby

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:27 pm

Piers Morgan did 'walk away' from Good Morning Britain he was sacked for unprofessionalism.

Just like he was sacked in 1995 from The Sun for publishing pictures of the then Princess of Wales mother attending a rehab clinic. Yes Harry may well remember that Piers was one of the very worst offenders in the time when his mother was literally harassed into her grave by the British press.

Just like he was sacked by The Daily Mirror for publishing pictures he knew to be fakes of British soldiers torturing Afghani suspects in Abu Grabe.

Just like he was sacked from the Mail Online after his choice to bury stories about Jimmy Saville during his tenures as editors of The Sun and The Daily Mirror came to light.

Just like he was sacked as replacement for Larry King - although at least this time it wasn't under sort of cloud the American audience just didn't like him.

Which brings us back to GMB.

Now he's spluttering away on that Billionaire's vanity project. Or so i understand.
Cactus Jack

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs