Dog walker missing in Lancashire

Re: Dog walker missing in Lancashire

Postby Holly » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:25 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Holly wrote:
Stooo wrote:
common sense wrote:She could only be identified by dental records. Inquest opened and adjourned until June but no cause of death given yet. Body can be released to family for funeral, said the Coroner.

Her remains. Please show respect to the deceased, she's still a person.

What's wrong with body? I personally would prefer body over remains. Sounds more human.

Me too Holly.
If it was someone close to me I would prefer her body to some bits and pieces which is what remains suggest.

Oh absolutely. Give me the body, not what ever is left, like in remains.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:47 pm

Holly wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Holly wrote:
Stooo wrote:
common sense wrote:She could only be identified by dental records. Inquest opened and adjourned until June but no cause of death given yet. Body can be released to family for funeral, said the Coroner.

What's wrong with body? I personally would prefer body over remains. Sounds more human.

Me too Holly.
If it was someone close to me I would prefer her body to some bits and pieces which is what remains suggest.

Oh absolutely. Give me the body, not what ever is left, like in remains.

Both terms are correct according to this, its just one of those peculiarities of the English language!

https://www.lawinsider.com/dictionary/human-remains
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:53 pm

Holly wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Body is usually used when discussing several deceased people, it's more of a commodity description rather than one describing the remains of a person who's earthly presence is no longer with us. Some people refer to cremated remains as ashes but they're more than that.

What would I know about the terminology used to describe deceased people anyway? :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:37 pm

Stooo wrote:
Holly wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Body is usually used when discussing several deceased people, it's more of a commodity description rather than one describing the remains of a person who's earthly presence is no longer with us. Some people refer to cremated remains as ashes but they're more than that.

What would I know about the terminology used to describe deceased people anyway? :dunno:

Of course I'm aware that you'd know the right terminology, I was just saying that the word body sounds nicer to me when referring to the "remains" of one of my loved ones, that's all.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Gabby » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:13 pm

Stooo wrote:

Remains FFS??… that implies dismembered body parts!!… nothing respectful about that when it’s not the case! :dunno: … fucks sake, Stuart, the more you type, the more you show to be losing significant brain cells… :off head:
Gabby

Postby Stooo » Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:39 pm

Gabby wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Remains FFS??… that implies dismembered body parts!!… nothing respectful about that when it’s not the case! :dunno: … fucks sake, Stuart, the more you type, the more you show to be losing significant brain cells… :off head:

At least I started with some :bum:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby common sense » Sat May 20, 2023 3:50 pm

Inquest 26th June so guess all will be revealed then.
common sense

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun May 21, 2023 9:49 pm

common sense wrote:Inquest 26th June so guess all will be revealed then.

I think in large part it's known.

In a scenario where a family was hoping against hope that a vulnerable woman had not taken her own life, unfortunately, the social media trolls got ahold of a story about that woman, someone with serious mental health needs, and spun a web of conspiracy theories that resulted in the very private trauma of her family being shamelessly exploited for 'clicks'.

Sadly for every group on Facebook, Twitter etc to support mental health and wellbeing there are ten trolls prepared to use any unfortunate situation to boost their own profile for a few days at the cost of lasting damage to someone else.
Cactus Jack

Postby common sense » Wed May 24, 2023 3:51 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
common sense wrote:Inquest 26th June so guess all will be revealed then.

I think in large part it's known.

In a scenario where a family was hoping against hope that a vulnerable woman had not taken her own life, unfortunately, the social media trolls got ahold of a story about that woman, someone with serious mental health needs, and spun a web of conspiracy theories that resulted in the very private trauma of her family being shamelessly exploited for 'clicks'.

Sadly for every group on Facebook, Twitter etc to support mental health and wellbeing there are ten trolls prepared to use any unfortunate situation to boost their own profile for a few days at the cost of lasting damage to someone else.

So many people in Facebook groups saying she was murdered and it's all being covered up. Even the inquest won't change their minds they say. Culprit was a person very close to her too they think.
common sense

Postby common sense » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:32 pm

Two day inquest still scheduled to start at 10am on Monday.
common sense

Postby Stooo » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:28 pm

common sense wrote:Two day inquest still scheduled to start at 10am on Monday.

Let her rest.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby common sense » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:25 pm

Yes but it's highly anticipated, especially on the Facebook pages and some are even going to queue up and they didn't even know her. They plan to yell "injustice" if it's not a verdict they like. Hope they don't get in as press will come first.
common sense

Postby HobbitFeet » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:17 am

I'm going to lock this thread now, it can always be unlocked if there are any reasons to discuss it further
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:07 pm

I'm not going to unlock but I will repeat my page 1 comment:

Stooo wrote:All open water is dangerous, six inches of water can sweep you off of your feet. Add in the temperature at the time and it's instant cold shock with a panicked underwater breath followed closely by a heart attack due to the massive heat loss from the now freezing waterlogged organs that surround it. Even a gentle current will easily move a submerged mass (her remains and her clothes would not be buoyant after a few minutes and they would float a few feet or inches underwater. After a few hours and way before any decomposition occurs, her remains are in the tidal part of the river and near the sea.

It was actually quite deep where she fell in but it appears that she died very quickly due to a similar set of circumstances.

If members want a thread unlocked then just report it with a reason why :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs