Dog walker missing in Lancashire

Re: Dog walker missing in Lancashire

Postby common sense » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:47 am

I think pure sheer co-incidence. Yes.
common sense

Postby Grafenwalder » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:13 pm

common sense wrote:How can her partner say in the Ch.5 interview that he's 100% sure she never went in the water? He can't be so sure.

He did say it's his personal opinion.

Mark Williams-Thomas made a good point in questioning why the police have given 101 as a call line for anyone with dashcam footage etc. They should have a dedicated phone line.
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:32 pm

Cobs wrote:Coincidence?
https://www.lep.co.uk/news/nicola-bulley-we-know-her-familys-pain-say-preston-family-who-lost-a-son-in-the-same-stretch-of-river-on-the-same-day-45-years-ago-4019028

It was 45 years ago - to the very day - that 16-year-old Roger Jones vanished in the River Wyre after being catapulted into the water in a motorcycle crash.
The student from Fulwood was swept away in a fast-flowing brook which fed into the Wyre just yards upstream from where Nicola's mobile phone was found. His body was not discovered until two months later, washed up on a sandbank at low tide near to Shard Bridge, seven miles from St Michael's.

Certainly coincidence. I had a look at Shard Bridge on Google Earth and it's quite a way from the village of St Michael's where the river is much narrower and winds through a series of tight bends before spreading out at Shard Bridge. As for where the bike crashed I could find no connection at all to the River Wyre.
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:35 pm

common sense wrote:How can her partner say in the Ch.5 interview that he's 100% sure she never went in the water? He can't be so sure.

He's in grief Chris, give the man some room.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:36 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:

Mark Williams-Thomas made a good point in questioning why the police have given 101 as a call line for anyone with dashcam footage etc. They should have a dedicated phone line.

Where do they get the money for setting that up?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:38 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Cobs wrote:Coincidence?
https://www.lep.co.uk/news/nicola-bulley-we-know-her-familys-pain-say-preston-family-who-lost-a-son-in-the-same-stretch-of-river-on-the-same-day-45-years-ago-4019028

It was 45 years ago - to the very day - that 16-year-old Roger Jones vanished in the River Wyre after being catapulted into the water in a motorcycle crash.
The student from Fulwood was swept away in a fast-flowing brook which fed into the Wyre just yards upstream from where Nicola's mobile phone was found. His body was not discovered until two months later, washed up on a sandbank at low tide near to Shard Bridge, seven miles from St Michael's.

Certainly coincidence. I had a look at Shard Bridge on Google Earth and it's quite a way from the village of St Michael's where the river is much narrower and winds through a series of tight bends before spreading out at Shard Bridge. As for where the bike crashed I could find no connection at all to the River Wyre.

Even so it's not the Bolton Strid.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:26 pm

Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

It's not beyond the realms of BT to give a number to one of the numerous lines going into a police station. Other stations manage to do that with high profile cases.

My experience of 101 is it's a complete waste of time. A few years ago I fell badly and couldn't walk but wasn't sure if i'd broke it or not so called 101. I went through half an hour of questioning before they eventually decided on sending an Ambulance out.
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:12 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

It's not beyond the realms of BT to give a number to one of the numerous lines going into a police station. Other stations manage to do that with high profile cases.

My experience of 101 is it's a complete waste of time. A few years ago I fell badly and couldn't walk but wasn't sure if i'd broke it or not so called 101. I went through half an hour of questioning before they eventually decided on sending an Ambulance out.

No the staffing, the office space. The Police service is as underfunded as other public services are.

They can't afford it.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby dog » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:06 am

I was in the area a week ago and saw the missing posters tied to traffic lights & it really put a lump in my throat.
How does a full grown adult just vanish like that? :shake head:
I suppose there are many possibilities but the amount of tiktok posts accusing the partner is disgusting.

As of yet nobody knows what has happened and it may turn out he has something to do with her disappearance but until there is evidence of such things people should shut the fuck up with their accusations.
dog

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:51 pm

Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

No the staffing, the office space. The Police service is as underfunded as other public services are.

They can't afford it.

Lancs Constab have 6000 staff to draw from. However a former Police and Crime Commissioner said they 'may have breached national guidelines' by not drafting in another force. The ex-Dorset PCC said in a case such as this it is recommended a second constabulary be brought in for a review within seven days. "This is a very high profile case and we don’t know what’s happened. It’s extremely unusual not to seek a second opinion. If they haven’t called in a second opinion, the immediate question is why."

The handling of the case has come over as a tad sloppy to me.

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire- ... d-26203716
Grafenwalder

Postby Text » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:32 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

They can't afford it.

Lancs Constab have 6000 staff to draw from.
However a former Police and Crime Commissioner said they 'may have breached national guidelines' by not drafting in another force. The ex-Dorset PCC said in a case such as this it is recommended a second constabulary be brought in for a review within seven days. "This is a very high profile case and we don’t know what’s happened. It’s extremely unusual not to seek a second opinion. If they haven’t called in a second opinion, the immediate question is why." The handling of the case has come over as a tad sloppy to me.
https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire- ... d-26203716

Who is the overall boss of the police? The Home Secretary innit? And recent home secretaries have been notorious for breaching guidelines & breaking ministerial codes ...... cue half-assed apologies & resignations ...... and then they're reinstated to the very same post anyway - or even get promoted!
If their bosses set such a poor example, let's not be too hard on the police. :thumbsup:
Text

Postby Text » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:54 pm

Ms Bulley's partner seems quite genuine!
If by any chance she's walked out on him, then it's a big compliment to him, in a roundabout way.
Cos no mother would deliberately vanish & leave her two small kids in the care of a partner if she thought he was a useless, inept dad.
Text

Postby Holly » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:04 pm

Text wrote:Ms Bulley's partner seems quite genuine!
If by any chance she's walked out on him, then it's a big compliment to him, in a roundabout way.
Cos no mother would deliberately vanish & leave her two small kids in the care of a partner if she thought he was a useless, inept dad.

If she had planned to disappear, would she have taken her dog and leave him exposed to danger by abandoning him?
Also, she didn't take anything with her, not even her passport. Plus, would she really leave her children?
No, I think some weird accident happened, or something more sinister is going on.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:25 pm

Holly wrote:
Text wrote:Ms Bulley's partner seems quite genuine!

If she had planned to disappear, would she have taken her dog and leave him exposed to danger by abandoning him?
Also, she didn't take anything with her, not even her passport. Plus, would she really leave her children?
No, I think some weird accident happened, or something more sinister is going on.

The police haven't really helped themselves much by making vague statements drip fed to the public. The latest is Nicola was designated high risk from the start of investigation because of a "number of specific vulnerabilities". Actually this is the first time they've publicly said she is high risk, they never said that at the start - but also just what "vulnerabilities"? That could mean anything from a medical condition to threats of violence. When asked what they were police refused to disclose adding that it was "personal, private information".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... e-64646582
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:10 pm

Ah here we go. Police have now elaborated on their earlier comment about 'vulnerabilities'.

Nicola Bulley faced “significant issues with alcohol” brought on by “ongoing struggles with the menopause”, police have revealed, these struggles had resurfaced over recent months.

“This caused some real challenges for Paul and the family."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 82868.html
Grafenwalder

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs