Dog walker missing in Lancashire

Re: Dog walker missing in Lancashire

Postby Holly » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:08 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Holly wrote:
Text wrote:Ms Bulley's partner seems quite genuine!
If by any chance she's walked out on him, then it's a big compliment to him, in a roundabout way.
Cos no mother would deliberately vanish & leave her two small kids in the care of a partner if she thought he was a useless, inept dad.

If she had planned to disappear, would she have taken her dog and leave him exposed to danger by abandoning him?
Also, she didn't take anything with her, not even her passport. Plus, would she really leave her children?
No, I think some weird accident happened, or something more sinister is going on.

The police haven't really helped themselves much by making vague statements drip fed to the public. The latest is Nicola was designated high risk from the start of investigation because of a "number of specific vulnerabilities". Actually this is the first time they've publicly said she is high risk, they never said that at the start - but also just what "vulnerabilities"? That could mean anything from a medical condition to threats of violence. When asked what they were police refused to disclose adding that it was "personal, private information".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... e-64646582

Why did they have to mention it at all then? It just gives way to more speculations :roll:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:43 pm

Holly wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Holly wrote:
If by any chance she's walked out on him, then it's a big compliment to him, in a roundabout way.
Cos no mother would deliberately vanish & leave her two small kids in the care of a partner if she thought he was a useless, inept dad.

If she had planned to disappear, would she have taken her dog and leave him exposed to danger by abandoning him?
Also, she didn't take anything with her, not even her passport. Plus, would she really leave her children?
No, I think some weird accident happened, or something more sinister is going on.

The police haven't really helped themselves much by making vague statements drip fed to the public. The latest is Nicola was designated high risk from the start of investigation because of a "number of specific vulnerabilities". Actually this is the first time they've publicly said she is high risk, they never said that at the start - but also just what "vulnerabilities"? That could mean anything from a medical condition to threats of violence. When asked what they were police refused to disclose adding that it was "personal, private information".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... e-64646582

Why did they have to mention it at all then? It just gives way to more speculations :roll:

Exactly, and then they complain about the frenzy of activity on social media.

Now it appears shes sought solace from the bottle so its easy to see why the police still think she went in the river.
Grafenwalder

Postby ArchieG » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:15 am

The way I see it the police were damned if they did and damned if they didn’t. They didn’t want to come out with it straight away as it’s personal, private, and yes, derogatory in some people's eyes, though clearly depression and alcoholism are just illnesses like any other, not her fault. They obviously expected to find a body, knowing what we all know now, and it would have been a tragic accident, end of the public part of the story. The horrific feeding frenzy of amateur sleuths is what has caused the pain. I’m convinced the police acted in the best interests of the family, but lost control of events via social media. I’m coming to the belief that social media is to blame for many of society’s ills these days. Way too many utter cunts out there, with way too much time on their hands.
ArchieG

Postby .SF. » Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:07 pm

ArchieG wrote:I’m coming to the belief that social media is to blame for many of society’s ills these days. Way too many utter cunts out there, with way too much time on their hands.

Some wit once said - think how stupid the average person is, then realise half of them are even more stupid than that.

Sadly it seems that most of them are on the internet, so you can't really avoid them.
.SF.

Postby Text » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:28 pm

Holly wrote:

H, I threw that suggestion in simply cos I don't think anyone had mentioned it yet.

Yes you're right, this mystery is far more likely due to an accident, or foulplay, rather than voluntary disappearance - even taking into account that there were possibly mental issues here.

Re passport - someone who wants to vanish without trace is better off with a fake passport, i reckon. Their real passport is no good to them - if anything it's a liability.

Holly wrote:Why did they have to mention it at all then? It just gives way to more speculations :roll:

No ..... imo, releasing personal info about this poor lady will not make nosy people speculate more....... cos speculation was already in overdrive anyway. You cannot increase something when it's already at maximum level lol :ooer:

The cops released the info so that hopefully people will speculate with more accuracy, instead of making wild guesses and unfairly blaming family members.
Text

Postby Text » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:37 pm

.SF. wrote:
ArchieG wrote:I’m coming to the belief that social media is to blame for many of society’s ills these days. Way too many utter cunts out there, with way too much time on their hands.

Some wit once said - think how stupid the average person is, then realise half of them are even more stupid than that.
Sadly it seems that most of them are on the internet, so you can't really avoid them.

I'm not on social media , I don't know what's being said on there except from 2nd hand reports in the news + press.
But surely if a woman vanishes without trace in broad daylight, then of course folk on twitter, fb etc are going to speculate their heads off, using their ''right to free speech''. Why would they hold back? It's what they do. Why does this surprise anyone? :dunno:
Text

Postby Text » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:41 pm

ArchieG wrote:The way I see it the police were damned if they did and damned if they didn’t. They didn’t want to come out with it straight away as it’s personal, private, and yes, derogatory in some people's eyes, though clearly depression and alcoholism are just illnesses like any other, not her fault.

They obviously expected to find a body, knowing what we all know now, and it would have been a tragic accident, end of the public part of the story. The horrific feeding frenzy of amateur sleuths is what has caused the pain. I’m convinced the police acted in the best interests of the family, but lost control of events via social media. I’m coming to the belief that social media is to blame for many of society’s ills these days. Way too many utter cunts out there, with way too much time on their hands.

Spot on, 1million % :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .
I was going to say exactly that - but you have saved me the trouble, :pmsl: plus you've said it far better than I ever could.
Pretty obvious why the police were reluctant initially, to give out personal info.
They eventually released it - with great reluctance - in order to cut down on hurtful & wrongful speculation.
Text

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:59 pm

Text wrote:
ArchieG wrote:The way I see it the police were damned if they did and damned if they didn’t. They didn’t want to come out with it straight away as it’s personal, private, and yes, derogatory in some people's eyes, though clearly depression and alcoholism are just illnesses like any other, not her fault.

They obviously expected to find a body, knowing what we all know now, and it would have been a tragic accident, end of the public part of the story. The horrific feeding frenzy of amateur sleuths is what has caused the pain. I’m convinced the police acted in the best interests of the family, but lost control of events via social media. I’m coming to the belief that social media is to blame for many of society’s ills these days. Way too many utter cunts out there, with way too much time on their hands.

I was going to say exactly that - but you have saved me the trouble, :pmsl: plus you've said it far better than I ever could.
Pretty obvious why the police were reluctant initially, to give out personal info.
They eventually released it - with great reluctance - in order to cut down on hurtful & wrongful speculation.

Apart from had side sonar man been in possession of the full facts he said he would have conducted a different search strategy.
Grafenwalder

Postby .SF. » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:43 am

I fail to understand quite what it is that releasing this information about her personal health will achieve. It's being said that it was to stop speculation - but what speculation, and how on earth would this stop it?
.SF.

Postby Text » Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:51 pm

.SF. wrote:I fail to understand quite what it is that releasing this information about her personal health will achieve. It's being said that it was to stop speculation - but what speculation, and how on earth would this stop it?

Rellies requested it!
Text

Postby ArchieG » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:01 am

Text wrote:
.SF. wrote:I fail to understand quite what it is that releasing this information about her personal health will achieve. It's being said that it was to stop speculation - but what speculation, and how on earth would this stop it?

Rellies requested it!

This!

And only to try and stem the stream of idiots who seemed to think, amongst other even more batshit crazy theories, that her vulnerability was based on being a DV victim. They too were damned either way. I think it’s time the great british public cut them and the police some stack. They are almost certainly bereaved, sympathy is called for.
ArchieG

Postby Grafenwalder » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:24 pm

No prizes for guessing which rag published this drivel (the Twatter link gives a clue). :roll:

There are some seriously weird wackos around determined to drag this country back into the Stone Age. :off head:

https://news.sky.com/story/nicola-bulle ... y-12813782
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:23 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:No prizes for guessing which rag published this drivel (the Twatter link gives a clue). :roll:

There are some seriously weird wackos around determined to drag this country back into the Stone Age. :off head:

https://news.sky.com/story/nicola-bulle ... y-12813782

We did that in 2016 :mrgreen:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:53 pm

Police have recovered a body from the river near where Nicola Bulley went missing. They have yet to confirm identification - hopefully the family get closure on the matter.

https://news.sky.com/story/nicola-bulle ... g-12815062
Grafenwalder

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:09 pm

Text wrote:

I echo Text's sentiments
Cactus Jack

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs