Dog walker missing in Lancashire

Re: Dog walker missing in Lancashire

Postby .SF. » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:29 pm

Grafenwalder wrote: hopefully the family get closure on the matter.

but wouldn't it leave them forever asking 'was it an accident or was it intentional'?
.SF.

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:38 pm

.SF. wrote:

but wouldn't it leave them forever asking 'was it an accident or was it intentional'?

That is the job of the Coroner to determine, at least her family have some peace now.

RIP
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby .SF. » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:46 pm

Stooo wrote:
.SF. wrote:

That is the job of the Coroner to determine, at least her family have some peace now.

RIP

Not wishing to take the thread off track but - you might know the answer to this as you were in the funeral business - my son has been called for jury service but it's not for a Magistrate's or a Crown court - it's for a Coroner's court. How does a jury come into it when it's a Coroner's court? Just askin' in case you know.
.SF.

Postby Jason » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:48 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:Police have recovered a body from the river near where Nicola Bulley went missing. They have yet to confirm identification - hopefully the family get closure on the matter.

https://news.sky.com/story/nicola-bulle ... g-12815062

This is the sad thing about stories like this because it's clearly going to be her.

I just hope one of these TikTok twats doesn't try and take credit for any of this.
Jason

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:48 pm

.SF. wrote:

The pathologist will determine that very easily.
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:58 pm

Jason wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:Police have recovered a body from the river near where Nicola Bulley went missing. They have yet to confirm identification - hopefully the family get closure on the matter.

This is the sad thing about stories like this because it's clearly going to be her.

I just hope one of these TikTok twats doesn't try and take credit for any of this.

It's likely though all media are being very careful with their reporting as police have not formally ID'd as yet.

I've not looked at any sm on the case until just now. Apparently Paul Ansell has had his Pinterest account hacked by clowns posting photos of lingerie models so he's shut it down. There will always be batshit nutters around with too much time on their hands and nothing but air between their ears.
Grafenwalder

Postby Text » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:08 pm

Plot thickens!
RIP Nicola. :eyebrow:
Text

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:09 pm

.SF. wrote:
Stooo wrote:
.SF. wrote:

RIP

Not wishing to take the thread off track but - you might know the answer to this as you were in the funeral business - my son has been called for jury service but it's not for a Magistrate's or a Crown court - it's for a Coroner's court. How does a jury come into it when it's a Coroner's court? Just askin' in case you know.

It's not something that I've had experience with but I would assume that it's a case that potentially has foul play or self-harm as a cause of death :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:10 pm

Jason wrote:

I can't see how they can. Ask them about the flat earth and satellite dishes.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby common sense » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:12 pm

Stooo wrote:
.SF. wrote:

RIP

Could even be an open verdict like when my cousin died aged 20 of the combination of painkillers and alcohol. Don't mix them folks. I know many do.
common sense

Postby common sense » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:15 pm

Stooo wrote:
It's not something that I've had experience with but I would assume that it's a case that potentially has foul play or self-harm as a cause of death :dunno:

Yes and it's so the decision doesn't rest with just the Coroner as in straightforward cases.
common sense

Postby Holly » Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:23 am

The body was found in the river near where she disappeared three weeks ago.
So I ask myself, what took 3 weeks to find her body, when it was right there where she disappeared, and after an extensive search by divers and underwater rescue teams ?
Also, her partner was 100% convinced' she is not in the river.
It's all a bit weird.
I'm glad for the family that she's been found.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:59 pm

Holly wrote:The body was found in the river near where she disappeared three weeks ago.
So I ask myself, what took 3 weeks to find her body, when it was right there where she disappeared, and after an extensive search by divers and underwater rescue teams ?
It's all a bit weird.

The body has still not been formally identified yet Holly though it's likely to be her. Quite what is taking police so long to make the ID is anyones guess as it doesn't usually take this amount of time. Probably a damage limitation exercise as they have come in for some heavy criticism over their handling of the case which has also not really been helped by the private S&R company the family engaged.

The map on the second link shows the relative locations.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 85542.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64701028
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:39 pm

Latest update;

Police have confirmed that the body found in the River Wyre on Sunday is Nicola Bulley.

“Sadly we are now able to confirm that yesterday we recovered Nicola Bulley from the River Wyre. Nicola’s family have been informed and are of course devastated,” a senior officer said.

“Our thoughts are with them at this time, as well as with all her loved ones and the wider community.”

Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:07 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Holly wrote:The body was found in the river near where she disappeared three weeks ago.
It's all a bit weird.

The body has still not been formally identified yet Holly though it's likely to be her. Quite what is taking police so long to make the ID is anyones guess as it doesn't usually take this amount of time. Probably a damage limitation exercise as they have come in for some heavy criticism over their handling of the case which has also not really been helped by the private S&R company the family engaged.

The map on the second link shows the relative locations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64701028

They would be waiting for DNA and dental records, sadly there would be little else to conclusively identify her after this much time in flowing water.
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs