Dog walker missing in Lancashire

Re: Dog walker missing in Lancashire

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:30 pm

Nicola Bulley forensic dive expert explains why he failed to find body in river search

Rolluplostinspace

Postby Grafenwalder » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:07 pm

This is an interesting video mainly about the Nicola Bulley case, but also mentioned are two incidents regarding men who went missing, one of whom has still not been found. There is very little publicity about the man still missing.

phpBB [video]
Grafenwalder

Postby Red Okktober » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:48 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Nicola Bulley forensic dive expert explains why he failed to find body in river search

It's 'outside their remit' to search the reeds alongside the river?

What kind of rubbish search has been going on?

That river's hardly the Mississippi or the Thames - it's just a stream in the areas they were searching.
Red Okktober

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:48 am

Red Okktober wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Nicola Bulley forensic dive expert explains why he failed to find body in river search

That river's hardly the Mississippi or the Thames - it's just a stream in the areas they were searching.

I was thinking the same thing. That guy now looks incompetent, he said 'if she was in the river we would have found her'. What an absolute idiot, hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of equipment - but reeds are their kryptonite!
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby common sense » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:37 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
I was thinking the same thing. That guy now looks incompetent, he said 'if she was in the river we would have found her'. What an absolute idiot, hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of equipment - but reeds are their kryptonite!

What if she wasn't in there then?
common sense

Postby Holly » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:36 am

common sense wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

Where else would she have been? She was obviously in the water for 3 weeks, the condition of the body would tell them that.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby common sense » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:02 am

Holly wrote:
common sense wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

Where else would she have been? She was obviously in the water for 3 weeks, the condition of the body would tell them that.

We haven't been told that. The PM is still ongoing.
common sense

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:40 pm

Red Okktober wrote:

In a tidal river it's very easy for a body to be washed in and out every time the tide turns. Until it gets caught somewhere the body can move into an area just searched, and in a river where visibility is poor that can happen very close to where divers are searching.

It was very irresponsible of the private contractor to go rogue and give out a public statement without first clearing it with the investigating officer.

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:45 pm

Holly wrote:
common sense wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

I think you're right she was probably in the river all the time.

The Wyre is tidal near where she went in, I looked it up and Google tells me the tidal range of the river is between about 15 inches, barely enough to come above a good pair of boots, to over 15 feet. The body could easily have been washed up and down the river dozens of times before it was found.
Cactus Jack

Postby common sense » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:17 pm

She could only be identified by dental records. Inquest opened and adjourned until June but no cause of death given yet. Body can be released to family for funeral, said the Coroner.
common sense

Postby Stooo » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:53 pm

common sense wrote:She could only be identified by dental records. Inquest opened and adjourned until June but no cause of death given yet. Body can be released to family for funeral, said the Coroner.

Her remains. Please show respect to the deceased, she's still a person.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:57 pm

Stooo wrote:
common sense wrote:She could only be identified by dental records. Inquest opened and adjourned until June but no cause of death given yet. Body can be released to family for funeral, said the Coroner.

What's wrong with body? I personally would prefer body over remains. Sounds more human.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:28 am

Holly wrote:
Stooo wrote:

What's wrong with body? I personally would prefer body over remains. Sounds more human.

Me too Holly.
If it was someone close to me I would prefer her body to some bits and pieces which is what remains suggest.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:46 am

Holly wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Sorry to sound so gruesome but it's because the effects of decomposition, possible predation etc means the entire body would not be there, only what remains of the body. Hence remains.
Cactus Jack

Postby Holly » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:22 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Holly wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Sorry to sound so gruesome but it's because the effects of decomposition, possible predation etc means the entire body would not be there, only what remains of the body. Hence remains.

That's why I think body sounds more humane.
Remains to me sounds like left overs, what's left of the body.
Sorry, but I do not agree with Stooo on that one.
Holly
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs