SYRIA LEFT TO OWN DEVICES

SYRIA LEFT TO OWN DEVICES

Postby DND » Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:42 pm

It was over a week before AID trucks were let in. War or not, no one living in a natural disaster site should be left helpless. Watching them dig with hands and spoons was gut wrenching. Now they are getting through, the Syrian border guards are demanding payment. They are having to give them some of their cargo to get in. All the while both sides flashing pearly smiles for the cameras, while their people are in Hell.
Now the Americans are being sanctimonious about the Aid they have given them, while bombing the bejesus out of Syria at the same time! You could not make this up.

Do you think it right that the UN "waited" for permission? (They don't need permission btw), or do you feel there was a real threat to aid workers going there?

Being a bit of a cynic, I think they may have had a heads up about the US airstrike that was about to happen.
DND

Re: SYRIA LEFT TO OWN DEVICES

Postby ArchieG » Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:00 pm

Would you fancy the trip into ISIS territory? Some there would still sooner decapitate you than receive aid from you.
ArchieG

Postby DND » Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:57 pm

Not what I have saw. They are now allowed to stay for six months, thankfully. The main thing I have taken from the reports is the lack of empathy at this major disaster towards the Syrians. Not all of them want war, but have nowhere to go to escape it, so make the most of the little they have. As for decapitation, there have been western women in there reporting, and so far nothing has happened to any of the aid workers that have managed to get through.
For me? I think a cease fire is vital.
And to answer your question, I would go willingly to help these people. ALL life matters.
DND

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:33 am

DND wrote:And to answer your question, I would go willingly to help these people. ALL life matters.

So what's stopping you?

Are you another typical lefty - all talk and no action?
Red Okktober

Postby Middens » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:42 pm

You can understand the reluctance. David Haines was delivering aid to the refugee camps in Syria. He was kidnapped and had his head hacked off on camera and the video was put on the internet.
Middens

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:39 pm

This woke lot are full of shite - they talk the talk, but that's about as far as it goes.

Now we've got this latest twat claiming he would willingly go into Isis territory because 'ALL life matters'

You would have thought that instead of posting on here about how willing he is to go, he would actually be out there now, digging Syrians out of the rubble.
Red Okktober

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:05 pm

DND wrote:It was over a week before AID trucks were let in. War or not, no one living in a natural disaster site should be left helpless. Watching them dig with hands and spoons was gut wrenching. Now they are getting through, the Syrian border guards are demanding payment. They are having to give them some of their cargo to get in. All the while both sides flashing pearly smiles for the cameras, while their people are in Hell.
Now the Americans are being sanctimonious about the Aid they have given them, while bombing the bejesus out of Syria at the same time! You could not make this up.

Do you think it right that the UN "waited" for permission? (They don't need permission btw), or do you feel there was a real threat to aid workers going there?

Being a bit of a cynic, I think they may have had a heads up about the US airstrike that was about to happen.

In a war zone there are definitely threats to both aid workers and to the resources that will be deployed into any emergency situation, to the extent that some corruption and looting is 'factored in' when allocating aid.

That's not a surprise. In this country we saw the extent of corruption when ordinary vetting processes were suspended when handing out PPE contracts. The Tories shovelled literally billions into their own pockets and the pockets of those near and dear to them, how much greater the opportunities are when there is almost no functional state around to oversee the process.

As there is no added moral value in saving one life over another if it's difficult to get the aid into place A and save 100 lives Aid Agencies just go to place B instead and save 100 lives there

I wish the earthquake victims in both Syria and Turkey well and whereever my meagre donation ends up I'm gratfied to know a life will be saved. Whether that's a Turkish life or a Syrian life makes no difference.
Cactus Jack

Postby Gabby » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:30 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
DND wrote:And to answer your question, I would go willingly to help these people. ALL life matters.

So what's stopping you?

Seems that way… all mouth, no trousers! :roll:
Gabby

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:28 pm

Gabby wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:

So what's stopping you?

Typical RWNJ - can't discuss anything without making personal attacks and smears.
Cactus Jack

Postby DND » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:22 pm

Red Okktober wrote:This woke lot are full of shite - they talk the talk, but that's about as far as it goes.

Now we've got this latest twat claiming he would willingly go into Isis territory because 'ALL life matters'

You would have thought that instead of posting on here about how willing he is to go, he would actually be out there now, digging Syrians out of the rubble.

I guess you're one of the twats who landed us in the mess we are in because of your RW views.
Woke? Only after a good sleep. :bum:

As for me going there? Six weeks I'll be there. So big mouth, anything else?
Must piss you off. You too old to go?
I'm sure if you're hit you won't be missed...
DND

Postby DND » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:24 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:

So what's stopping you?

Typical RWNJ - can't discuss anything without making personal attacks and smears.

I wouldn't worry about her. She has a lot to hide.
DND

Postby Red Okktober » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:51 pm

DND wrote:

I guess you're one of the twats who landed us in the mess we are in because of your RW views.

I think you'll be a bit too late to dig out any survivors in 6 weeks time - it's the thought that counts though.

I won't be 'hit' as I'm not going anywhere near Syria, I'm not even pretending to like you are.

Careful you don't end up with your head on a spike, only it would be a shame if you were unable to entertain us any more with your shite posts.
Red Okktober

Postby DND » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:34 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
DND wrote:

I think you'll be a bit too late to dig out any survivors in 6 weeks time - it's the thought that counts though.

I won't be 'hit' as I'm not going anywhere near Syria, I'm not even pretending to like you are.

Careful you don't end up with your head on a spike, only it would be a shame if you were unable to entertain us any more with your shite posts.

No, I leave that to you. All of them are crap right wing posts. I may not always post here, but I do read. Did I say I was going to look for people under rubble? Please feel free to point that out to me. :dunno: My work is humanitarian. Knock yourself out old boy.
DND

Postby Red Okktober » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:54 pm

DND wrote:
No, I leave that to you. All of them are crap right wing posts. I may not always post here, but I do read. Did I say I was going to look for people under rubble? Please feel free to point that out to me. :dunno: My work is humanitarian. Knock yourself out old boy.

'My work is humanitarian' LoL

Earlier in the thread you said you would willingly go to Syria, now a few posts later you are actually going.

What happened between those posts - did Isis book you an Uber?

You a re a typical lying woke idiot - it's no wonder that normal people laugh at your sort.
Red Okktober

Postby Gabby » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:20 pm

DND wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:This woke lot are full of shite - they talk the talk, but that's about as far as it goes.

Are you going anywhere near the Al-Roj camp?…. :whistle:
Gabby

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs